The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 149 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#137955 - 01/22/08 03:10 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: Princess Lenora]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Chatty and Princess, I just posted a rather emotional outburst on another thread (the one about what we do well). It was humbling to leave that and come here and read your beautiful words - humbling and VERY uplifting and comforting.

Chatty, I really like the way this place has changed me. Losing my brother (he was also my best friend) did send me spiralling back into dark and mangled places, but I've been working hard to keep my head above the oft-times crippling sadness and focus on what I DO have and all the blessings that ARE enriching my life. I'm on my way out, and on solid ground again, but still not where I want to be. And sometimes that feels like failure - and I don't have any sense of my purpose or ability or where to go from here - but when I read your words here tonight, it helps give me positive perspective - and gratitude for the caring love here that has indeed helped me make it safe thus far.

Thank you both for being much-needed blessing in my life tonight!

(Maya Angelou)

#137956 - 01/22/08 03:41 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: Eagle Heart]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Eagle, you are like a painting in progress. Or Meredith's bead work. She says she does not always know what a piece will look like as she is creating it. That does not mean it is a failure, and I think you know that intellectually. You don't have to know the destination, you just keep on the path. Your purpose right now could be to just be. You worked so hard emotionally, physically, spiritually with and for your brother, hand in hand. Please rest and rest assurred that it is ok to have your sense of purpose lie fallow for a while. You know how farmers keep one field empty for a while, letting the soil rest? Then, the next season, the soil is fertile once again. Rest you mind, body, spirit. Bask in the love that is given to you, for you have given so much to others. LL, L

#137957 - 01/22/08 03:56 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: Princess Lenora]
Eagle Heart Offline

Lynn, this is amazing. Yesterday we went to church and the sermon was called "Here I am, but send Harry". It was all about purpose. There was a lot of emphasis on each of us answering God's call to go and do whatever He asked of us. It was well done, but of course, left me feeling this sense of failure with no sense of purpose or direction. But I prayed earnestly for God to help me put that sermon in the context of my situation, because He knows my heart and knows my circumstances. I distinctly heard Him say "Rest for now; you are where I need you to be. When it's time to move, there will be no doubt in your mind where I want you to go and I will give you whatever resources you need when you need them."

Why is it so hard to accept that "just being" has as much purpose as any other calling? God has made it clear, in so many ways, that it's okay just to be still for now.

Besides, it gives me all this time to be here - where else could possibly be a better place to "just be" than right here?

(Maya Angelou)

#137958 - 01/22/08 06:38 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: Eagle Heart]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Not to interfere, but I must interject...That's beautiful, eagle...

#137959 - 01/22/08 06:27 PM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: gims]
Eagle Heart Offline

Gimster, your voice and your insights are dear to me, and I always embrace your presence with joy and gratitude. (So I could never see you as "interfering").

Princess and I got into a bit of emotional healing here last night; she was very uplifting and I went to bed with such joy - and even better, woke up this morning feeling a "joie de vie" that I haven't felt in a long time. We didn't mean to hijack the thread - but together with a couple of other threads going on at the time, it was a very healing couple of hours for me...

(Maya Angelou)

#137960 - 01/22/08 06:54 PM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: Eagle Heart]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I am nodding here as I read..going along with Mountain Ash´s suggestion in another thread..I am therefore saying, I agree. I agree. I agree. With all of you, Chatty, Gimster, PL and you, Eagleheart!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved