The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#137945 - 01/17/08 05:32 PM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this site [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
THANK YOU EVERYONE for your answers here. It was actually fun reading all your answers because they gave an insight into your daily lives and how you cope or don´t cope ..sort of. I agree with you that this is a beautiful and fun place to be! I had no clue to what this place would mean to me when I clicked in a while back. No clue at all. Amazing! And thank you again!

Guess it´s ok to come and go when time is not on my side. That is reassuring. I still have my last child living with me/us. He´s 18..but my time is not always my own..of course, who really owns their time..right? Or? I have read about owning your time..but that´s tough at times.

#137946 - 01/17/08 05:42 PM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this site [Re: humlan]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Humlan, your love and care are so precious to me - thank you! I'm sorry to have worried you - the illness has been a combination of a gastro-virus I picked up during the cruise and a cold, which my grandkids gave me as a New Year's gift. The cold continues to zap my energy at times, but I'm able to do housework and get out and about now, so am on the mend. And since we're going south soon, and it's almost impossible to get things like antibiotics there, I'm going to the doctor on Monday...normally we try not to resort to medication, but this time she'll probably give me a prescription to take with me "just in case".

But emotionally, mentally I'm doing so much better now. On a much more even keel, spiritually grounded again, and staying well above the grief these days. The women here HAVE helped, enormously, in helping me through...I know without a doubt that I'm more stable now because of the wisdom, love, care and prayers that everyone here has poured into my life and heart. There is no way I can ever repay such kindness, but I can only hope that my continuing presence and voice here will find ways to "pay it forward".

Thank you again for your caring love, Humlan. I think of you so very often and always hope/pray that all is well with you too over there across the pond. You may be geographically far away, but the heart knows no distance - you are right here in mine more often than you know.

(Maya Angelou)

#137947 - 01/18/08 11:48 PM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this site [Re: Eagle Heart]
humlan Offline

Thank you for reply, Eagleheart. Relieved to hear that you are doing better in all areas, then. And I hope that your trip will be a good one. And that you won´t be needing those medications!

Your "ripples" are felt here by me and many others..as you know. Be sure of that!

It means so much to me to know that you are near!

#137948 - 01/18/08 11:52 PM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: humlan]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
That Eagle has such a way with words she ought to write a book! Humlan, I'm glad you enjoyed the responses. I do confess that I let the housework go in favor of this site. PL

#137949 - 01/19/08 12:00 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: Princess Lenora]
humlan Offline

Yup..so do I!!! Sometimes. My 18 yr old can be demanding..and I don´t always say no when I should..he´s my 5th. As Bernard Shaw said, "First I had alot of principles and no kids, now I have alot of kids and no principles" I love that one!

Eagleheart HAS written a book..but you know that, right?

HUGS!!!!

#137950 - 01/19/08 12:13 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: humlan]
Princess Lenora Offline

Oh yes Humlan I received it as soon as she popped into BWS. Thanks for saying so, if I did not know. I have her book on my "blog" as a recommendation, along with "signs of depression." I like your quote from Shaw. Funny! and hugs to you too. L, PL

#137951 - 01/19/08 12:34 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: Princess Lenora]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Blushing here amidst the dust bunnies...

(Maya Angelou)

#137952 - 01/19/08 01:07 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: Eagle Heart]
humlan Offline

#137953 - 01/20/08 01:05 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: humlan]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Eagle from what I can see and feel, you have come such a long way since you wrote your book and began posting in here. Even though you have faced a dibilating tragedy with your brothers passing, you stayed strong and focused. I am so proud of the new you. You may not see or feel it, but others who love you and take to heart all that you say, do see the immense change from then to now, and its such a positive one...You are an inspiration to us all.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#137954 - 01/20/08 01:09 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

well said, chatty. Eagle inspires me on a spiritual level as well, as do others. I think of her book not only about depression but also about a spiritual journey. Just saying. L, PL

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved