The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 122 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#137935 - 01/15/08 05:39 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: yonuh]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
During my lunch break, I do pop in to at least check.

And later after work before going to bed.
It is near daily except when I'm on vacation (ie. out of town) or other stuff.

Does it take away from my partner?....He's often sitting right beside me ...at his computer..doing his stuff. Yes, I do occasionally show him some notes/stories.

Now time to deal with my drying hair before going to bed..

#137936 - 01/15/08 09:24 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: yonuh]
Mountain Ash Offline

I write my poetry each day. Also keep in touch with my son in the city on email so often pop in.
I look at weather reports also.Often I wonder when I see the long list of names on user list where the women who joined are.If they read but dont post.
If I dont reply to a post its because in that case I have nothing to add. Unlike in a physic group the last person to say something is usually smiled to or nodded to often here someone adds another slant and the topic changes .Then the topic can change and evolve. I love being shown a link and learning a new fact.Being in the UK means that I am a minority also not being a US citizen abroad like some.Often I have to debrief what I read.Politics...here I could contribure big time.I am at a distance regarding some things.Lola is busy But I can relate to her due to her living in London.I have a card to sent of a royal chapel nearby and I like that.As for Vegas...no way could I be there but I like reading and learning.Humlan why are you living in Norway?My daughter has visited there.and after all Norway once owned Orkney so we are comrads.
Mountain ash

#137937 - 01/15/08 10:41 PM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The first thing after morning shower and prayers is to grab breakfast, click in here to see whats what while having breakfast with all of you.
Then I'm off running whatever errandsa I have, if any. Then back and writiing at least 4 hours on the novel, without fail. Once I turn that off, I am here again to see whats what. I use to log on again every night before bedtime but since I have lapghans ordered to crochet, I am usually too tired after working on them and just fall into bed. As you can see by the number of posts I do post here faithfully.

If for some reason I can't get here, its like missing qauality bonding time with my girlfriends...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#137938 - 01/15/08 11:45 PM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: chatty lady]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Simply said...I can't! I pop in and read more than I post...but I don't have enough hours or even minutes to visit here as much as I'd like.

#137939 - 01/16/08 12:52 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: yonuh]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I check in when I am checking my email in the morning. Most of my friends are out of the state I live in so I am checking my email most mornings.

I will check in for a bit in the afternoon after I've finished what I've had to do if I can.

I make time for the site because the ladies are so great and I learn a lot from them!

dancer

"Question your privilege"

#137940 - 01/16/08 02:57 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: dancer9]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I don't come to the site when I am overwhelmed with life. It's funny, because of course that is when we need support the most. I think I missed a couple of months at a time in the last few years. This place is a life line to me. I do not let myself look from work. I make time at night, with a carton of ice cream, with my lap top, in my rocking chair, with a clippie in my hair, and the dogs asleep at my feet.

#137941 - 01/17/08 04:56 PM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: Mountain Ash]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Mountain Ash, I live in Sweden. I am born in Prague, the Czech Rep. As a baby (1yr) we fled to the US after WW2 where I lived with my parents until I married my husband of 32yrs, who is also from the Czech Rep. He was living in Sweden, so we moved here. I had 5 kids with him and we divorced in 2000. I continue to live in Sweden because most of my adult children live here, except for one daughter. She lives with her family in the US..on the east coast. I am an American, naturalized when I was 13. But in my heart, I am a mixture of all 3 countries... Perhaps I am a citizen of the world..I think that there are alot of younger people in my situation today..because of all the trouble in the world.

#137942 - 01/17/08 05:03 PM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: gims]
humlan Offline

Gimster, your situation sounds alot like mine. I get so frustrated when the threads I am interested in swerve in another direction and I haven´t had time to keep up. Yet, the "new path" is also interesting and thought provoking! And sometimes I feel so lost and out of it..and I don´t like that feeling when I come here. Because this has become my heart home..I have been thinking about the possiblity of a "note thread" or something like that. A place when we can just write quick notes to eachother if we don´t have time to "keep up" in a deep way. But maybe that would be too confusing???

#137943 - 01/17/08 05:13 PM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this site [Re: Eagle Heart]
humlan Offline

Eagleheart, my dearest dearest woman..having read your book, I worry about you when I read what you have written. Please keep a tiny, narrow path open to us here. Even if you just write a hello and tell us you are not feeling so well. It´s OK..we want you. We need you. I didn´t write this as a PM..but rather on the thread because there are many very competent and wise women here with a wonderful zest and smile for life itself..no matter how it unravels. And I think they can give you so much..nearly as much as you give to us..just by BEING YOU!!!!!

You are in my thoughts and prayers (done in my way with the help of yoga..hmmm)everyday!!!!

#137944 - 01/17/08 05:17 PM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this site [Re: Anno]
humlan Offline

O, Anno.."give it time" you wrote..you hit the nail on the head..as you often do. Patience..understanding for myself...yes, yes. Thank you!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved