The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 117 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#135676 - 12/29/07 08:53 AM Re: A business Christmas "miracle".... [Re: ladyjane]
ElevatingYourBusiness Offline

Loc: USA
hip hip.. cherro-o and all that good stuff!

Wishing you many more in a short amount of time!

We help independent and fee-based financial advisors find simpler ways to grow personally and professionally.

http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com

#135677 - 01/13/08 01:45 PM Re: A business Christmas "miracle".... [Re: Casey]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
And the saga continues....my client went into the hospital and will be going to a facility after. That's why in this business, you need severall all of the time. So I feel I'm back to square one and have done everything I know how to do as far as marketing. So again I'm looking at a regular job until things can pick up. I've been caught in a difficult position. I'm in an enterprise program with the state and receive my weekly payments. Any work I do for my business is not deducted. However, if I get a regular job I lose it. So I've been holding out as long as possible but I can't foresee this going on indefinitely. I need income now. If I get a job, there's a chance I'd have to leave it rather quickly if/when things pick up!!...which really isn't fair to a job and yet I'd have little choice. Any ideas on legitimate things I can do from home that would pick up the slack? Just wondering what my immediate future should be and would love your comments and ideas...thanks!

#135678 - 01/13/08 02:01 PM Re: A business Christmas "miracle".... [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Jane, did you receive membership just recently to the NABBW? If so, you could check the directory of members, find ones that may live in your area, and email them asking them if they know of anyone who might need the caregiving.

Also, have you thought out putting an ad in the newspaper? A small ad?

#135679 - 01/13/08 02:21 PM Re: A business Christmas "miracle".... [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

JJ, thanks for replying. I've been placing ads in the smaller community papers everywhere around the Greater Portland area. They're more noticeable and community oriented. Yes!!!! I am now an NABBW member (and very excited about it). I don't have the ability to log in yet but that should be coming? I'm anxious to take advantage of anything there that could be helpful. Either that or I'll start selling cigars online! I SO don't want another boss....but...I'll do whatever I have to do. Thanks!

#135680 - 01/13/08 02:46 PM Re: A business Christmas "miracle".... [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I hear ya gal...A woman's gotta do. I should have known you've covered your basis with the ads. I'm racking my brain trying to think of something, and if I'll do, I'll post it. Keep thinking positive!

#135681 - 01/13/08 04:05 PM Re: A business Christmas "miracle".... [Re: jawjaw]
Mountain Ash Offline

LadyJane
personel depatments of big companies may have information about staff abscence due to family commitment.A flyer sent to the PA there may reap some clients.
I know from friends who have taken work abscence and then have to decide to retire to care dependants or find carers feel the need for advice.
Mounain ash

#135682 - 01/13/08 07:00 PM Re: A business Christmas "miracle".... [Re: Mountain Ash]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Jane is there such a thing as a temporary service agency for a care giver? That might be an ideal situation to fill the gap till your business is on a roll.

I would think there are a lot of elderly in old age homes that would appreciate additional care. Usually the residents get just a minimum amount of attention. It would be practical if you had several clients within the same home to care for. Maybe an old age home could suggest patients that would appreciate additional services. You could suggest paying them a commission, if they are able to organize a client for you.

#135683 - 01/14/08 12:52 PM Re: A business Christmas "miracle".... [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Yes, there are many agencies around that I could be a caregiver for. The good thing about those is that all positions are per diem only due to the nature of the business. Usually they can keep you more than busy and they would be easier to leave when the time comes. Or, if I can find a private duty position....those are sometimes better but the commitment to these people is very important...and maybe I could just move them to my business if needed.

#135684 - 01/14/08 12:55 PM Re: A business Christmas "miracle".... [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

Mountain Ash, very interesting idea...I've never thought of that one...thanks!

#135685 - 01/14/08 05:45 PM Re: A business Christmas "miracle".... [Re: ladyjane]
Mountain Ash Offline

I nknow of two different boomers who took unpaid leave when their elderly parent fell.In both cases Human resources only allow so long and then arrangements had to be made for a carer.One had ben in the same school all her career then if she had stayed off on her return she would have to fit in wherever a vacancy existed.I was able to connect her to a nurse/carer.The other had to use a residential home although if a carer had been found it would have sufficed.
Good luck

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved