The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#134288 - 12/31/07 11:05 PM Re: hospice [Re: ]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Thank you for that, Anne. We have been through some very painful times since my mother stopped being "here," when I as thirteen. I had control over what was done when I turned 18 as my father divorced her and I was the child around that was of age to sign things. The first time I had to commit her for her health I was 18 and crying hard tears. I had a therapist there to talk to me and explain to me that if I did not sign, she would die. This was so very painful to me when I was that young and my guilt was overwhelming!

Had I not come from a family with money Im not sure how I would have coped with respect to that. I worked very hard in my life to build enough money NOT to have to work and if I had to support her, I would have. Although she treated me pretty badly when I was a child, I love her and I will always do what is right by her.

dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#134289 - 01/01/08 02:01 AM Re: hospice [Re: dancer9]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dancer, you have your heart and your hands full. That had to be shattering to hear that you needed to commit your mother or she would die. Wow, what a concept to put on a child.

#134290 - 01/01/08 05:37 PM Re: hospice [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

It was an experience like no other, certainly! I grew up in a hurry that day! I had to find a judge to sign the papers on a Sunday. I found on at his families picnic through family and went to ask him to sign the papers crying because the ER would not admit her without them as she was refusing treatment. They said she could die and I was hysterical! He signed them and I took her in.

Two days later she was better and not angry at me. That disease is something else!
dancer

#134292 - 01/02/08 05:21 PM Re: hospice [Re: ]
dancer9 Offline

Thank you, Anne
dancer9

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved