The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#133434 - 12/01/07 08:15 PM How often...?
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
How often do you clean your closets? I'm finding outfits I forgot I had! LOL... And I try to revamp them every year!
Oh, well...

#133436 - 12/01/07 09:37 PM Re: How often...? [Re: ]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Ha ha. I thought you were going to ask how often do you have sex.

I clean clothes closets about once a year;(if they get lucky), kitchen cabinets about twice a year. and closets in the celler...eeeee gads...never.

#133437 - 12/02/07 01:36 AM Re: How often...? [Re: Edelweiss]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
My dressing room is completely under control! Everything has a place and everything is in it's place. Things go out to be drycleaned as soon as they need it and are back as soon as they are done. The laundry is kept up and every outfit I have I am aware of and why I have it.

Years of performing taught me to have it all together so that I can be together at the last min.

When I was young and rooming with a model, we must have changed clothes at least 3 times a day. Most of the time, it was four changes! We wore the same size so it was clothing all over the floors, sinks, couches, chairs, everywhere! We had an ironing board permanently set up in case we needed to press a dress or suit from the floor or the corner of the closet! It was clothing mayhem!

Since then I have grown up and take better care of things. Twice a year I bundle up what I won't wear and send it off to be sold on ebay for me for whatever it brings. I keep costumes that are special to me for whatever reason but not many...
dancer, with many tights

"Question your privilege"

#133438 - 12/02/07 01:40 AM Re: How often...? [Re: dancer9]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I was looking at my clothes closet this morning, thinking I should clean it out. Instead I just turned off the light.

I have always lived in older homes with extrememly small closets. I like to buy clothes, so I have to get rid of clothes. My rule has always been, buy something, get rid of something.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#133439 - 12/02/07 01:42 AM Re: How often...? [Re: Edelweiss]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
So did I..think that the question would be how often do you have sex ...ok, closets..no special time span here..depends on me feeling the need to do it or above all, needing the space. It isn´t easy to throw out stuff tho..I mean just think if I "need" it a year from now or 3 years from now?? And that shapeless, washed out sweater..it´s sooo comfy on a rainy day at home!!! I actually have a sweater that is over 20 yrs old and I wear it to work at least 1 a week when I need to feel that I am taking my cozy home with me...and it really works. People usually tell me that I look like I have lost weight when I wear it. Just goes to show you..if you feel good with what you´ve got..it´ll communicate itself to others

#133440 - 12/02/07 03:23 PM Guess that fooled ya... [Re: humlan]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
You ladies that thought I'd ask about your sex lives...?
Come on! I try to clean the closets every 6 months, but I guess I don't. It's more like once a year. I give what I never use or doesn't fit, to the Good Will and write it off the taxes. You know how that goes! The thing is, I don't like the job. I try to straighten out the kitchen cabinets twice a year, if I force myself. That poor cellar
seldom gets a good cleaning. Oh, well. There's only so many hours in the day. And of course I have to come here and chat instead of get to work!
Ciao for now

#133441 - 12/02/07 03:28 PM Re: Guess that fooled ya... [Re: jabber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Sex never entered my mind. Instead, I mentally went to the closet across the hall here from my office that is in need of a good cleaning out. Oh my...does it ever. And it was about six months ago that I cleaned it out. Geeish....

I donated a load for taxes, and never thought of the Ebay thing.

You know Dancer, I bet Mommies would pay to have your costumes for their daughters to play dress up...or parts of a costume....I know my grandchildren LOVE to play dress up with hats, boas, shawls, etc....

#133442 - 12/02/07 05:35 PM Re: Guess that fooled ya... [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
When we have S in the closet.

#133443 - 12/02/07 06:00 PM Re: Guess that fooled ya... [Re: gims]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Good answer Gimster!!

We give our closets a good clean-out every year when we go south for our annual winter getaway. We bring clothes (and shoes, jewellery, purses, etc) that just barely fit us or we don't use anymore (or bought on sale throughout the year), wear them while down there, then give them away before we come home. It works well, since it's a very poor country and the people can use whatever we bring - if they can't use it themselves, they either pass it along to someone who can, or they alter it to make something else, like clothes for their children, curtains, bags, whatever they need.

When Mom died, we brought a lot of her beautiful clothes (some of them hadn't even been worn!) down the following trip - there were many happy smiles that year!

The last time we were there, we brought a lot of children's clothes. And since we didn't make it there last year, we haven't cleaned out our closets in two years, so we'll have quite a lot of stuff to take down with us this next visit.

And whatever heavier stuff we can't lug in our suitcases, we box up for the local charity truck that comes by every month.

(Maya Angelou)

#133445 - 12/05/07 06:39 AM Re: Guess that fooled ya... [Re: ]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I spend a lot of time finding very unique clothing and keep it almost forever. I take very good care of my clothes. I have sweaters still in great condition after 40 years. By the time I'm ready to get rid of something, it's too ratty for anyone else to want it. I have 2 large closets for clothing, all arranged by style and color, and I can find anything in there in a snap.

I have a third large personal closet which is only semi-organized. Plus all the smaller and family closets. I clean them every 15 years when it's time to paint.

Poet and essayist

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved