The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#127905 - 09/14/07 06:52 PM Classes
Mountain Ash Offline

This time of year is when the classes start at the local college.Keen to find a niche I enroled on jewellry making.Last year I did some classes so this week was my first this year.I am looking forward to the next nine weeks.
In addition I went to a one of art class today.Its run by Shell who also hold an exihibition yearly to encourage amateur talent.We had a marvelous teacher and I felt I gained so much.
Are any others enrolled in classes ?If so which are you taking.
Mountain ash

#127906 - 09/15/07 12:15 AM Re: Classes [Re: Mountain Ash]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Oh, Mountian Ash,
I enrolled in Foral Design classes last year and learned so much . This year Hubby and I are taking Thi Chi for six weeks . Took Computer classes several years ago . I have many classes that I want to take , Writing , Golf (not sure why) but will take it . I want to take classes in French did the get in High School (business major) . Lots and lots more I could go on and on .

Keep you posted

Renee

#127907 - 09/15/07 09:12 AM Re: Classes [Re: Sadie]
Mountain Ash Offline

Renee
I like your enthusisum. Sounds like you have plans.I also would like to do stained glass.I like to think there are plenty other classes to look forward to.
Mountain ash

#127908 - 09/15/07 04:09 PM Re: Classes [Re: Mountain Ash]
Sadie Offline

Mountian Ask,
Those classes are so encouraging to me . I meet lots of people from all walks of life and enjoy them so . My husband who had two major surgerys last year and I was confinded to the house a lot caring for him , now that he is better , it gives me back my confidence to get going again.

Well, Stained glass sound exciting also Keep me posted on your art Class not that sound exciting also . I love water color painting . I will check my booklet for other ideas to share with you .

Renee

#127910 - 09/15/07 08:12 PM Re: Classes [Re: ]
Sadie Offline

Anne,

Maybe you can pick a used computer someplace not an old one . We had one we just put up to be recycled out the parts . I keep my Gateway and hubby got a new Dell . I took word 1 & 2 and Excel and forgot most of the Excel . We take classes a the local extention college and they cost is small, I am still unable to get a senior discount . Writing classes are on my list also that are non credited also. That way I don't have to take the exams .

Just some thoughts to help .

#127911 - 09/18/07 12:51 PM Re: Classes [Re: Sadie]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hey Mountain....so glad you picked up on ther jewellry this year...I hope it goes great for you.

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#127912 - 09/18/07 01:33 PM Re: Classes [Re: Poppie]
Mountain Ash Offline

O Po how kind. If only you were the tutor.
Mountain ash

#127914 - 09/18/07 06:40 PM Re: Classes [Re: ]
Sadie Offline

Anne,
I understand . Eating and keep a roof over head is very inportant with the cost of gas and power going up . Or at least it is around here . Keep us posted

Renee

#127916 - 09/21/07 12:10 AM Re: Classes [Re: Sadie]
Sadie Offline

Mountain Ash,
We really love our Thi Chi classes they are very relaxing . It was an hour long an fun , but my arms are still a little tired though . Keep you posted on next week.

Renee

#127917 - 09/21/07 12:35 AM Re: Classes [Re: Sadie]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Long ago I taught adults dance for one of those classes. It was SO rewarding to see them come along and walk differently, with a grace that was new. I was so excited for them when they mastered a simple step it was like I was the one learning! It's a great thing to go and take those classes. I wish I had time but I have gone back for classes three times so far in my life when I had the time because I had a procedure done medically and could not work.
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved