Just picked our son up from a Christian skate camp and had goosebumps as he sat between my hubby and I singing praise songs at the closing ceremony.

On the ride home he and his friend talked about how they never heard church stuff done the way they did it there.

So I asked:

So you mean the 9 years you spent in Religion classes (his frined goes to Catholic school)

and all the Sunday school classes and services you've attended never got through to you?

The answer was very simply stated:
Not like this. It was real and about living your faith NOW. They didn't learn Bible stories as much as they learned how to be a Christian every day.

I couldn't agree more. Somehow we have to do something about reaching our youth at our church services.

Stained glass windows, organs, and the red carpets just don't speak to many youth. They like bands and hearing exactly how to live their faith. They need to hear from people a few years older that they were once messed up and on the wrong track, and turned their lives around and have never been happier.

I am so grateful for the cool counselors that opened up about their faith with my son.

The kids had to memorize a Bible verse and share what it meant with their group and then everyone added their thoughts.

By the gace of God,he asked to please go again this week because there were 3 open spots and you could get $100 off. We said Happy Birthday and signed him up. [Big Grin]

[ July 25, 2003, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]