The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#12568 - 06/29/06 05:58 PM Watch this!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Be sure to check all topics because I covered a good one about planning for your funeral to share this.

All of us have loved ones who are becoming elderly. I recommend watching this to get their perspective:

Please visit this link:

http://www.paete.org/parentswish/site01/big.html

A friend sent this to me and I really needed to see it. I have some loved ones who no longer can do what they were accustomed to. Instead of being compassionate, I have wanted them to be their old selves. I guess I hate to see loved ones failing. This little clip spoke to me. I pray it speaks to you too.

#12569 - 06/30/06 07:14 AM Re: Watch this!
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
Wow, Dotsie - I was bawling so hard - I had to watch it twice.... DH spent the day at the hospital yesterday with his mother. She had chest pain during the night and wanted to go to emergency. She's already been to every hospital in our area, and wanted to go to one in Detroit. (55miles RT) Well, of course, it was only gas pains. But, they ran several tests to be sure. It was determined that she would have to wait for the results - and she was admitted. DH got home around 6:30 p.m. - the phone rang an hour later - she wanted to come home. Today, she's got the hospital directions so screwed up that DH has been on the phone for over an hour trying to find out what's going on.

I know how frustrating caring for aging parents is. I lost both my Mother and Dad last year after 5 years of dealing with one crisis after another. Now, it's DH's turn.

This clip is so touching - I have forwarded it to DH to watch when he's ready. We're all going to get there - like it or not - hopefully when it's our turn, our caregivers (kids) will have as much compassion as we give to our parents.

#12570 - 07/27/06 07:48 PM Re: Watch this! [Re: browser57]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I just discoverd the link you posted here. Thank you so very much Dotsie. I take care of my 85 year old Mom. The link was like medicine for me. I often need strength and loads of patience. I love her so much, but it seems sometimes like a bottomless bucket. I just can't give enough. She often forgets the things I do for her. In addition my husband thinks I spend too much time with her. Sometimes I wish I were cloned. My brother is in the states, so I don't get any help from siblings. I sent him the link. I bet it will make him fly over to visit our mother. I hope so.

#12571 - 07/27/06 08:22 PM Re: Watch this! [Re: Edelweiss]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
OMG! I'm crying here after watching that. They are happy tears beacause I'm so glad I was able to help in the care of my parents while they were here!!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved