The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#125537 - 08/19/07 06:16 PM Re: Wallpapering Mama's? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Thank you Mountain Ash...yes, I got sidetracked, but what a wonderful topic to get sidetracks to...Scotland...God was in an awfully good mood the day he created her.

#125538 - 08/22/07 03:02 AM Re: Wallpapering Mama's? [Re: Dee]
Dee Offline

The much anticipated wallpaper came in and lo and behold it was the wrong shade (throwing temper tantrum now). No where is there yellow in the darn thing...a beige, but no yellow. I called the company and now have to send it back and pick out another pattern altogether. Sheesh...and since I cannot find anything in yellow that I like I did find a rose pattern in a soft baby blue that is really, really pretty so after I talk to my SIL tomorrow and show the new pattern to her I'll decide if it's what I want. So for now my wallpaper project is on hold.

#125539 - 08/22/07 03:47 PM Re: Wallpapering Mama's? [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dee, can you just go to a local store and buy?

#125540 - 08/23/07 04:01 AM Re: Wallpapering Mama's?
Dee Offline

I have looked but haven't found anything locally I like...plus you add on tax and their overhead I end up paying more so that's why I keep looking online. I have found another pattern/color and will see how this one goes. Actually, it's even prettier...now I have to wait for UPS to mail me the return labels, have UPS ship it, have the manufacturer contact the place I purchased the wallpaper from before I get credit for the money I spent on the wallpaper that is wrong...so, in about two weeks, hopefully, I'll be back on track. Not to worry. It will all work out in the end. Thanks for asking, though, Dotsie.

#125541 - 08/23/07 02:37 PM Re: Wallpapering Mama's? [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

That's the only problem with shopping online.

I remember being in limbo with our kitchen wallpaper when the different dye lots didn't match. I thought I was going to lose my mind. I wan't very patient. We went through the waiting too because the store didn't stock it.

#125542 - 08/23/07 03:38 PM Re: Wallpapering Mama's?
Dee Offline

I'm not very patient either...so I feel your pain. Hopefully, this will turn out okay. I'll send you a pix when I'm finished.

#125543 - 08/24/07 11:43 PM Re: Wallpapering Mama's? [Re: Edelweiss]
Dee Offline

THe border is down and I did it in under two hours with no fuss. I used something Larry found in our storage shed. It's Bondex Wallcovering Remover. You mix it with water and after scoring the border I wet it with this mixture. Some places were easier than others but all in all it worked great without a lot of mess and fuss. I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking of removing wallpaper border. You can also remove wallpaper but I'm not that brave...I just paint over old wallpaper or wallpaper over old wallpaper.

#125544 - 08/29/07 04:58 PM Re: Wallpapering Mama's? [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I didn't know you could wallpaper over old wallpaper. I didn't think it would stick.

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to be removing a wall of paper in one of my son's rooms in a couple months, and then simply painting it.

#125545 - 09/07/07 03:16 PM Re: Wallpapering Mama's?
Dee Offline

Hi everyone,

I've been absent once again...busy redoing rooms in the house. Seems slow work and like I'm getting no where fast but hopefully, things will begin to get into shape soon. Preparing the rooms takes the longest...painting the windows, doors, kick boards, priming the walls, painting the ceilings...good grief!!!

I'm still waiting on the wallpaper to arrive. The wallpaper that was sent a few weeks ago was the wrong color so I sent that back, reordered a new wallpaper and then decided to see if the 'original' wallpaper (my favorite) I wanted had indeed been discontinued. Lo and behold it hadn't and so I ordered that as well. Yesterday I received a call from the wallpaper co. saying my favorite was on backorder and wouldn't be available until the end of October and did I still want it. I said yes and am hoping it will be here in time for me to put up before my kids arrive for Thanksgiving. A housefull is descending upon me for Thanksgiving and I need to have that room finished by then...because we're having Christmas at Thanksgiving which means I begin decorating the house two weeks before Thanksgiving...my house is huge and it takes about 2 weeks to get everything decorated. (I'm offering to pay hefty in the cookie, chocolate, desert department if anyone wants to come help me.)
My MIL thinks I'm nuts for going all out in the deocrating department but when I was little we didn't have anything and most of my life I couldn't afford to splurge for decorations. By the grace of God I'm at a place in my life now where lots of garage sales and friends having estate sales has enabled me to stock up on lots of Christmas decorations and now I get to turn my home into a winter wonder land...the way I imagined as a child. I'm not one to go out and spend lots of money on decorations...I'm a bargain shopper and you'd be surprised what you can find in thrift stores and dollar stores. With a little bit of imagination I can turn something quite plain into something really cute.
Have any of you done the same thing?
I just wanted to pop in and say hello to all my dear friends and now I'm off to painting some more.
I miss you all and will pop in from time to time. Take care.
Lots of love,
Dee

#125546 - 09/07/07 03:32 PM Re: Wallpapering Mama's? [Re: Dee]
Mountain Ash Offline

A winter wonderland.yes we can do that now.Commodities were scare post war and we made do.i still remember the paper chains and bells from home.I also have kept my daughters first banbi and litle santa from her frst ever tree.I like pre Christmas.Advent and the buzz. Cards and hearing from friends who live away.
I'd come to help...just the little problem of the Atlantic ocean.
Mountain ash

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved