The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#125517 - 08/16/07 09:26 PM Re: Wallpapering Mama's? [Re: Edelweiss]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dee...my cousin just used fabric softener to remove borders in the house that I am moving into. The walls were painted underneath...and it worked very well...and smelled nice...just put in in a spray bottle...spray a small section...let it soak...and peel away...stubborn areas may take more than one application.

#125518 - 08/16/07 09:27 PM Re: Wallpapering Mama's? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Oh...is your house in Fairhope? I lived in Gulf Shores for 4 years...it is so pretty there!

#125519 - 08/16/07 09:53 PM Re: Wallpapering Mama's? [Re: Edelweiss]
Dee Offline

Oh Hannelore...I just ADORE Laura Ashley. I first found out about her products while living in Cambridge, England...OMGosh there is a LS store there and I bought so much of her clothing line. Of course I was a stick back then and could wear just about anything...now, at my age if I tried wearing her style I'd look like a great big hydrangia. I bought two LS chairs which were so comfortable...low to the ground but comfortable...feather pillow cushions...which were great...you just punched them back into shape...I wish I could afford her wallpaper. I looked at some of her WP online last night and it's way out of my reach...even the lowest priced stuff is more than I want to pay.

Larry and I bought our home two years ago and it was built in 1870 and is a two-story country home with a wrap around porch, porch swing, live-oak trees that are huge, so my style is country. The living room was a horrible dark blue wallpaper...I painted over that a soft, pale yellow and the 1/3rd half of the wall is beaded board which is high gloss white...kitchen is wallpapered in tiny flowers, and the rest of the house is painted in greens and soft pinks...the two rooms I'm redoing will be wallpapered to bring back a country touch to them...wallpaper reminds me of my childhood and I have this weird knack for putting it up so I guess that's also why I love it.
Hannelore...leftovers are wonderful...and I'm sure your home is lovely.

#125520 - 08/16/07 09:56 PM Re: Wallpapering Mama's? [Re: Dee]
Dee Offline

Hi Carol...nope, I live in Satsuma, just north of Mobile. Gulf Shores is so beautiful...Where do you live?

#125521 - 08/17/07 02:20 AM Re: Wallpapering Mama's? [Re: Dee]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Dee,

Your house sounds soooooo lovely! I love the live oaks! I live in north Alabama...actually near da Queen...so I occassionally get to see her! (When I'm good and not afraid she'll throw me in the moat! Ha!)

I adored Mobile...driving downtown with all the old trees and houses...you're bringing back fond memories!

#125522 - 08/17/07 08:20 AM Re: Wallpapering Mama's? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I know, Dee. Laura Ashley is very expensive. We saved a little by wallpapering only three sides, and only the upper half of the walls. I love her borders as well. The room is done in white and a soft yellow. Feels sunny even when it's raining outside. Isn't this funny? My bedroom sounds like your living room. You have white 1/3 up the wall as well, and then painted yellow above. That's so awesome.

Your house sounds beautiful. A wrap around porch? Oh, I'm drooling. I'm a big tree fan. We just got rid of 5 trees though, because I love my sunlight more then my trees.

I'm going to check her feather pillow cushions out; sounds lovely.

#125523 - 08/17/07 09:18 AM Re: Wallpapering Mama's? [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
http://www.stevesblindsandwallpaper.com/

The yellow is pretty. That would look nice with white trim. Is that what you're doing? The pink is very similar. And the one you liked best seemed more Victorian to me. All very pretty and dainty.

#125524 - 08/17/07 02:39 PM Re: Wallpapering Mama's?
Dee Offline

Carol...I'm just going to have to make a trip up north to see da girls...do you think JJ would let me across the moat? While I'm there I can go visit my old homestead, Glencoe. Ahhhh...fond memories. And ya'll can come on down here...once this heatwave is over we can sit on the front porch and have a nice class of tea or lemonaid...(mint julips are weird to me...I must have had a bad one cuz it tasted horrible...so, I won't be making those). I do however make a mean chocolate cake!!!!

Hannelore, gosh it sounds like we have a lot in common in the decorating department. Yellow is very pretty, bright and a happy color to me...soft yellow with white is very pretty. Let me know what you find out about Laura Ashley's feather cushions.

Dotsie...The trim through the house is high gloss white...I fell in love with high gloss paint in England...it's very easy to clean and it looks great against other colors. I'm waiting with baited (thanks JJ) breath for the wallpaper to arrive...probably next week. Dotsie, did you like the wallpaper site? And Steve's right...they do have the lowest prices...I've seen these wallpaper choices in other sites and they're 4-6 dollars a roll higher...whew!! Blimey, wallpaper can be high.

#125525 - 08/17/07 02:52 PM Re: Wallpapering Mama's? [Re: Edelweiss]
Mountain Ash Offline

Did anyone else get measured against the stripped wall and their name height and the date written.Only to be seen again next time decoration was done.
I wonder what the new owners think in my birth home.We all are calalogued in behind the front door!
Mountain ash

#125526 - 08/17/07 03:20 PM Re: Wallpapering Mama's? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

That sounds so sweet Mountain Ash. We never lived in one place long enough for that unfortunately. Where in the UK do you live? Do you know Winslow in Buckinghamshire? I lived there for awhile, then in Waterbridge, just outside Cambridge and then in Thetford. I miss England so much. I still keep in touch with my landlady, Bridget. In fact if you do a search for B&B's in Winslow, hers comes up under Tuckey Farm (not turkey farm)...very pretty place. I love to get back there one day and visit her and her husband, Barry.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved