The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#12423 - 04/13/06 11:38 PM Re: a bright spot in the topic
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Flipper, what a beautiful story. I love things like this! It shows that romance doesn't have to end...ever!

#12424 - 04/14/06 04:57 PM Re: a bright spot in the topic
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, you are right. This is one of the cutest stories I've heard regarding the elderly.

#12425 - 04/20/06 09:02 AM Re: a bright spot in the topic
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
Well, ladies, the wedding was private and beautiful. Mom and her new dh are settling into her condo, preparing to sell his house and whatever they don't keep from both.

I've set up a marriage announcement with a picture of the happy couple on theKnot.com so go have a look and read about the wedding at

http://weddings.theknot.com/pwp/view/co_newlywed.aspx?coupleid=3280979653940625

I will add a picture album next week.

We all had so much fun! Because we have known each other for so many years, there was none of the clumsiness one would expect when two families of adult children are joined.

My sisters and I had a great time convincing our little second cousins (7 & 8 yr.old girls) that we are now their aunts. They are smart little girls who didn't take long to figure out the advantages to five grown women competing for their affections!

It was with much ceremony that we made their mother, our former cousin, our new little sister. She is 1 yr. younger than my youngest sister, so she in particular was thrilled not to be the "baby" any more. And now I have 2 little sisters to pick on!

We decided that our cousin the groom's brother is now our "cuncle Kenyon" but had to stop ourselves from calling his wife our "caunt" for obvious reasons! One sis and I were bemoaning the fact that we would no longer have Mom all to ourselves all the time but decided that at ages 52 and 60 we would have to get over it.

Mom and dh are happy as clams, already have reservations for 2 winter months in Texas and are planning trips to Alaska and Branson. They are so comfortable with each other and their decision to be together, it simply feels right. All of us, including the happy couple, remember Dad and the groom's wife, who both died in the last 2 years, freely and lovingly in our conversations.

They may have shaken up the family tree, but the apples have not fallen far, for we are all crazy in love!

[ April 20, 2006, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: flipperjo ]

#12426 - 04/20/06 05:38 PM Re: a bright spot in the topic
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Every day is a honeymoon...love it! Sweet picture and great color on Mom.

You have such a fun-loving spirit. It's fun to witness.

#12427 - 04/20/06 05:39 PM Re: a bright spot in the topic
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Congratulations to the newlyweds and the newly joined family! I love happy endings!

Daisygirl

#12428 - 04/20/06 08:43 PM Re: a bright spot in the topic
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
What a wonderful event. I love the photo. They look so happy. Tell your Mom she's beautiful.

Thank you so much for allowing us to share the sweetness of it all.

smile

#12429 - 04/20/06 09:04 PM Re: a bright spot in the topic
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
This is tremendous! Mom and DH both look so young! Dang girl, you must look like your 10 years old! How lovely for them...And what a delight to see the pictures...thanks ever so much for sharing this happy occasion with us all.

JJ

#12430 - 04/21/06 02:15 AM Re: a bright spot in the topic
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Cathy that is an excellent picture of both Clarice and Lloyd and neither one looks their age. I can't even imagine how thrilled you must be for your mom to have found this loving man at this time in her life. How wonderful for everyone involved....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved