The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#12281 - 04/18/06 01:14 AM Re: Guardianship Scams and Solutions
Raven West Offline

Loc: California
Maritza,John and all

I'm puttting together the final pages of my memoir. Our case is not yet finished. Still have to contest the guardianship fees and then we'll plan to sue everyone on my "hit" list. There really are decent attorneys out there, even in Florida!

Raven

#12282 - 04/24/06 08:27 AM Re: Guardianship Scams and Solutions
Johnny Offline

Loc: New York
Our relative was forced to pay thousands of dollars for aids to sit in her room. Mrs. Rose had hospice which should have covered her care by aids under medicare. Our relative lost her liberty over the telephone with no legal representation, no evidence and no notice. Just so you know, a landmark legal case Grant vs. Johnson (Federal Court Oregon) makes it a civil rights violation to do a temporary guardianship/conservatorship with no notice.She was drugged with anti psychotics to chemically straight jacket her. And she never did make it home. She died in state custody, state confinement and involuntary incarceration. The family was bypassed to act as conservator and nobody listened to Mrs. Rose when she said she wanted more than anything to be with her family and they won't let me go. How does this happen? Elders need to live close to their family, if they have family, or near friends. Put your children or close friends or relatives on your bank accounts and deeds to homes. Our relative retired in Carmel, CA. She died skin and bones with open lesions and severe bruising looking like a POW in her board and "care" in Carmel. She, a woman of means, became a ward of the state. The county conservator even sold her personal property and our personal property while she was alive--furniture, pots and pans, even her shoes for about $2. It has been over six months since her alleged wrongful death and the county conservator won't tell us where the few items of personal property are located. Our property and inheritance has been confiscated for over six months and we have been recently told it is in some basement in Salinas, CA. The Monterey County Conservator asked for (and court okayed) $50,000.00 in fees for 20 months "work". Now they are asking less, one fourth of the estate they bankrupted. And the county public conservator placed an obituary in the paper and charged the estate. (no such request was made from Mrs. Rose in her will). Not anyone's idea of freedom or respecting old age. Write your senators and congressman and news stations or maybe c-span and public tv. These scams are getting worse, not better. Raven, keep us posted on your lawsuits. We are in ongoing federal litigation. We all need to get this topic to the press and media. Johnny

#12283 - 04/28/06 08:15 PM Re: Guardianship Scams and Solutions
Raven West Offline

Loc: California
I'm not exactly sure how this will work, but I've begun the process of creating the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION TO STOP GUARDIAN ABUSE. So far, I have the domain name, stopguardianabuse.org, the email, stopguardianabuse@hotmail.com and the yahoo egroup. My memoir "Blood Tastes Lousy With Scotch" is scheduled for publication August 2006. This "war" has only begun!

#12284 - 04/30/06 07:43 AM Re: Guardianship Scams and Solutions
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Raven, this is awesome. I can help you promote it if you'd like.

#12285 - 04/30/06 01:24 AM Re: Guardianship Scams and Solutions
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Just one small step at a time Raven and a journey of a thousand miles can be attained. Good luck to you, this is such an important cause for us all.

#12286 - 05/01/06 10:03 PM Re: Guardianship Scams and Solutions
Johnny Offline

It has been close to seven (7) months since are relative died skin and bones with open lesions and severe bruising in her board and "care" in Carmel, CA, in state custody, state confinement and involuntary incarceration and the county public conservator still will not tell us where the left over personal property is located. We know it is in some basement in Salinas, CA.It appears the CA legislature has passed laws to allow the county public guardian to go after people with more substantial assets (they were supposed to go after the poor with no family. Our relative had money and family and financial planning and power of attorney and health care proxy). So what this new law will do is open the doors to more and more and more people being conserved and more and more and more loss of liberty and more and more and more drugging of the elderly. Think of all the people with state and county pensions and money? All prey for the conservators. Where are the tv and news stories warning baby boomers? Johnny

#12287 - 05/03/06 01:29 AM Re: Guardianship Scams and Solutions
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Hopefully Raven will be tending to that. I pray this becomes a hot topic in the news so families can take note of what's going on.

#12288 - 05/15/06 06:44 PM Re: Guardianship Scams and Solutions
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Ew Bonnie. This is still something that is foreign to me and I hope remains so. How does this happen? Did you know aobut it while she was going through it? Does she have a power of attorney? Wouldn't that person be able to intercede on her behalf? I don't understand how this keeps happening.

#12289 - 05/16/06 12:40 AM Re: Guardianship Scams and Solutions
Johnny Offline

Bonnie, sorry to hear about your friend. Does your friend have a lawyer and what is the lawyer doing to help? How did this happen to your friend?
She can sue under civil rights deprivations.
She needs a really good lawyer in her corner. Johnny

#12290 - 05/16/06 11:11 AM Re: Guardianship Scams and Solutions
MSInvestigator Offline

Loc: Missouri
Bonnie email me and give me the particulars, maybe we can get you going in the right direction to improve things for this lady.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved