The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#122185 - 06/26/07 03:14 PM More Helpful Tips
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
THINGS TO KNOW
1. Budweiser beer conditions the hair.
2. Pam cooking spray will dry finger nail polish
3. Cool whip will condition your hair in 15 minutes
4. Mayonnaise will KILL LICE, it will also condition your hair

6. Shiny Hair - use brewed Lipton Tea
7. Sunburn - empty a large size Nestea into your bath water
8. Minor burn - Colgate or Crest toothpaste
9. Burn your tongue? Put sugar on it!
10. Arthritis WD-40 Spray and rub in, kill insect stings too

11. Bee stings - meat tenderizer
12. Chigger bite - Preparation H
13. Puffy eyes - Preparation H
14. Paper cut - crazy glue or Chap Stick (glue is used instead of sutures at most hospitals)
15. Stinky feet - Jello!

16. Athletes feet - cornstarch
17. Fungus on toenails or fingernails - Vicks vapor rub
18. Kool aid to clean dishwasher pipes. Just put in the detergent section and run a cycle, it will also clean a toilet. (Wow, and we drink this stuff)
19. Kool Aid can be used as a dye in paint also Kool Aid in Dannon plain yogurt as a finger paint, your kids will love it and it won't hurt them if they eat it!
20. Peanut butter - will get scratches out of CD's! Wipe off with a coffee filter paper

21. Sticking bicycle chain - Pam no-stick cooking spray
22. Pam will also remove paint, and grease from your hands!? Keep a can in your garage for your hubby
23. Peanut butter will remove ink from the face of dolls
24. When the doll clothes are hard to put on, sprinkle with corn starch and watch them slide on
25. Heavy dandruff - pour on the vinegar!

26. Body paint - Crisco mixed with food coloring. Heat the Crisco in the microwave, pour in to an empty film container and mix with the food color of your choice!
27. Tie Dye T-shirt - mix a solution of Kool Aid in a container, tie a rubber band around a section of the T-shirt and soak
28. Preserving a newspaper clipping - large bottle of club soda and cup of milk of magnesia, soak for 20 min. and let dry, will last for many years!
29. A Slinky will hold toast and CD's!
30. To keep goggles and glasses from fogging, coat with Colgate toothpaste

31. Wine stains, pour on the Morton salt and watch it absorb into the salt.
32. To remove wax - Take a paper towel and iron it over the wax stain, it will absorb into the towel.
33. Remove labels off glassware etc. rub with Peanut butter!
34. Baked on food - fill container with water, get a Bounce paper softener and the static from the Bounce< I> towel will cause the baked on food to adhere to it.? Soak overnight. Also; you can use 2 Efferdent tablets, soak overnight!
35. Crayon on the wall - Colgate toothpaste and brush it!

36. Dirty grout - Listerine
37. Stains on clothes - Colgate
38. Grass stains - Karo Syrup
39. Grease Stains - Coca Cola, it will also remove grease stains from the driveway overnight. We know it will take corrosion from car batteries!
40. Fleas in your carpet 20 Mule Team Borax- sprinkle and let stand for 24 hours. Maybe this will work if you get them back again.
41. To keep FRESH FLOWERS longer Add a little Clorox , or 2 Bayer aspirin, or just use 7-up instead of water.

42. When you go to buy bread in the grocery store, have you ever wondered which is the freshest, so you "squeeze" for freshness or softness Did you know that bread is delivered fresh to the stores five days a week Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Each day has a different color twist tie. They are: Monday = Blue, Tuesday = Green, Thursday = Red Friday = White and Saturday = Yellow. So if today was Thursday, you would want red twist tie; not white which is Fridays (almost a week old)! The colors go alphabetically by color Blue- Green - Red - White - Yellow , Monday through Saturday. Very easy to remember. I thought this was interesting. I looked in the grocery store and the bread wrappers DO have different twist ties, and even the ones with the plastic clips have different colors. You learn something new everyday! Enjoy fresh bread when you buy bread with the right color on the day you are shopping.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#122186 - 06/26/07 03:26 PM Re: More Helpful Tips [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
OMGosh...what a list! I can tell you right now that #17 works. My sister did it and was able to rid herself of a toe fungus she'd had since high school. And she's old.

#122187 - 06/26/07 05:42 PM Re: More Helpful Tips [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anyone tried the Prep H on the eyes? I've heard it before, but am afraid to try.

I'm always bringing in fresh flowers so I love 41. I've never heard of using 7-Up.

Dirty grout, Listerine...another one I must try! Does that tell you anything about the gorut in our bathrooms?

I'm also going to try 33, but the label is on a drink cooler. I just got Ross a new one yesterday and couldn't get the labels off.

I'll let you know how these work.

#122189 - 06/27/07 12:37 AM Re: More Helpful Tips [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

We use to wash our hair in beer when we were in high school. It DOES work. The bread thing, #42, has changed. They put expiration dates on them now. At least they do around here.

#122190 - 06/27/07 03:47 AM Re: More Helpful Tips [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

great list!

#122191 - 06/27/07 06:08 AM Re: More Helpful Tips [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
No never tried preperation H on the eyes. I used to have puffy eyes in the morning, and now I don't. I don't have a clue why, I'm not doing anything differently. Maybe they got lost in my puffy face?

#122192 - 06/27/07 02:46 PM Re: More Helpful Tips [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Great list. I know for a fact that mayonaise does kill head lice. Actually anything greasy, such as petroleum jelly. You saturate the head and hair and cover with a shower cap for several hours.

I used to keep foster children and many of them come with head lice. You can't use the chemical too often because it causes brain damage. Very harsh. Mayonaise not only killed the bugs it made their hair shiny and pretty. Plus it made the residue easy to comb out.

Sorry, I know this sounds gross, but thought I would share it anyway.

#122194 - 06/27/07 05:20 PM Re: More Helpful Tips [Re: ]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
#30 really works.. but you have to use Paste toothpaste, not the Gel.

We use it on our scuba masks. Keeps them from fogging up under water.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#122195 - 06/28/07 12:47 AM Re: More Helpful Tips [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Now this is what this section was put here for, great tips and most of them I've tried one time or another.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved