The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 106 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#120959 - 06/10/07 11:55 PM No more glasses!!
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I am posting for the first time ever without glasses or contacts, and it feels great! Yippee!

On Tuesday, I went back to my eye doctor to get my new contact lenses for the vision correction system. They are rigid, gas-permeable lenses that I sleep in overnight. The first two nights, I didn't sleep very well because first, I felt like I had grit under my eyelids, and second, because I was afraid that the lenses would fall out. (They didn't fall out and they are now so comfortable, I hardly know I have them in.) Wed morning, I put my glasses on as usual and everything was a little blurry for both distance and up close. But I put my contacts in and went off to work. Thursday morning, same thing. By Friday, neither my contacts nor my glasses helped at all, and I could see quite clearly for distance. Went to Target and picked up a pair of cheap reading glasses so I could at least read. Yesterday and today, I didn't even need them. I was able to read today with no eye strain, and can read everything on the computer just fine.

Sorry for going on about this, but I've been wearing glasses for 20 some years, and contacts for a little over 10. Being able to see without either is exciting!! And, in case you didn't notice, I'm ecstatic!!!!!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#120960 - 06/11/07 12:41 AM Re: No more glasses!! [Re: yonuh]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Did you have cataract surgery or lasik? Whatever...this is wonderful...as I type with my reading glasses on...LOL!

#120961 - 06/11/07 02:52 AM Re: No more glasses!! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
yonuh Offline

I had neither. This is relatively new and was just approved last Oct. I will wear the contact lenses every night to sleep in. I wasn't brave enough to try the lasik! This system is reversible - as soon as I stop wearing the contacts every night. Best results come in 2-3 weeks and then stay that way as long as I sleep in the contacts.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#120962 - 06/11/07 03:28 AM Re: No more glasses!! [Re: yonuh]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Wow! I haven't heard of this...how wonderful!

#120963 - 06/11/07 08:23 AM Re: No more glasses!! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I wish I were as brave as you to undergo an eye procedure, Yonuh. I have been wearing glasses since I was 8. A cumbersome thing. I am glad you have done away with it now.

#120964 - 06/11/07 11:52 AM Re: No more glasses!! [Re: Lola]
Happy Birthday Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I've never heard of this before either. Really amazing! I'm so happy for you Yonuh.

Have you ladies read about a new invention to help blind people see? That is incredible too. They can actually see through their tongue. Sensors on the tongue are connected to the brain as well, which can send images to the brain. That really blew me through a loop.

#120965 - 06/11/07 04:54 PM Re: No more glasses!! [Re: Edelweiss]
chickadee Offline

Well, bite my eye...times they sure are changing...

#120966 - 06/12/07 06:38 AM Re: No more glasses!! [Re: chickadee]
Happy Birthday Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Chick you always make me chuckle out loud. The Cat never get's your 'eye'...tee hee

#120967 - 06/12/07 03:06 PM Re: No more glasses!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Having recently gotten Lasik, I understand how amazing it is to not need glasses anymore. Good for you!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#120968 - 06/12/07 08:37 PM Re: No more glasses!! [Re: Dianne]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
How much did it cost for the lenses? Is it something insurance would cover?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved