The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#117090 - 05/02/07 03:02 PM gardening
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is the umpteenth post about gardening, but I thought we could begin again. What's everyone doing outside these days?

Our gardens have been cleaned out and mulched. Yahoo. Now I'm focusing on planting the annuals. It's a little early here. They say to wait until after Mother's Day weekend to avoid a freeze, but I'm hoping we're beyond that.

I've been planting containers for the patio. We're gearing up for a graduation party for our oldest son in a few weeks so I'm psyched to get everything in shape. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

What are you doing?

#117091 - 05/02/07 04:51 PM Re: gardening
Mountain Ash Offline

My first bulbs and cherry tree are fading. tulips are standing tall. perenials are waiting in the wings.Grass is mown and paths weeded.It all starting.I feel blessed to be caretaker of my garden.
Mountain ash

#117092 - 05/03/07 01:38 AM Re: gardening [Re: Mountain Ash]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just finished my rain dance as we are low this year thus far. However, planted more daylilies, black eyed susans, cone flower, zinnia, marigolds, and lantana. Planted a mandeville in pot last night along with a trellis and started white cosmo seeds. Should you have room in your prayers, please pray for rain!

#117093 - 05/03/07 01:47 AM Re: gardening [Re: ]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
I'm not much of a yard person...but I have a big yard...my neighbors are actually planting a garden in the back of my yard...they don't have a place to plant one...they're doing all the work...and I get to watch it grow...and eat veggies from it...they're also tilling a place for me to plant neighborhood zinnias...how lucky is that?!

#117094 - 05/03/07 03:45 AM Post deleted by Dotsie [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

#117095 - 05/03/07 04:08 AM Post deleted by Dotsie
Dotsie Offline
Founder

#117096 - 05/03/07 05:30 AM Re: gardening
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Mitzky, what an inviting cozy niche! It would be interesting to see a recent picture to compare.

What a pretty curvy path and the colorful petunias. They are Petunia's right or are they Pansies? I know most flower names in German…since my gardening endeavours first started when I moved over here.

You have given me ideas what we can do in the area where we just cut 5 huge pine trees down. Are you happy with the wood chips (or whatever you call them)? We were considering putting them in that corner too, since there isn't too much sun there.

OMG, Jane! Send those neighbors over here...You must feel like a ranch owner. Do you sit out on your swing with a big floppy hat on, sipping a cool drink and watch them? Tee hee…

#117097 - 05/03/07 02:10 PM Re: gardening [Re: Edelweiss]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Mitskty,
Your yard is lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Jane that is soooo lucky to have neighbors do all the work and still get to enjoy the fruits of their labor!

Hannalore, we took down a bunch of pines here too but we did it 2 years ago! I find it so funny that we are doing the same things to our yards when we live sooo far away from each other!

My front yard is basically done for this year. Only have to do maintenance now. Yippee! Took us 3 years! I'm receiving compliments like crazy from the neighbors, who I might add were the same people who yelled at us when we took all the trees down. I guess they didn't think we were going to replant anything.

Of course you are never really done but for now, I'm very happy with it! We even have some decent grass growing!

Backyard is a whole 'nother story! We've got 3/4 of an acre so I'll probably need another 3 years to get that part looking good! So anyway, I've been working back there, weeding and preparing a flower and vegetable bed. Just taking it section by section. Eventually I'll get it looking as good as the front.

#117098 - 05/03/07 04:36 PM Post deleted by Dotsie [Re: TVC15]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

#117099 - 05/03/07 05:38 PM Re: gardening
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
No mitzkity. I think it's wonderful that you post photos. Hey we live in the digital age! I'm so glad you want to share, because I do too! Infact I just discovered that you can create a slide show in photo bucket. I put a few pictures together of our views from our house. Hope it works.

I think the pictures might be interesting, because I don't think they allow poppy fields in the States, do they?

Slide show of my view from house and garden

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved