The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#115853 - 12/31/07 08:45 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Poppie]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hi Ladies, a quick update....CELTIC nad LUCIEN are comming for the exibition on the 8th of Jan, how cool is that. They are staying with one of my new freinds, who was kind enough to invite all of us over...I won't be able to stay with them at night due to my Uni commitments...but we will have lots of time to do some nice things. Perhaps even meet up with Lola..(then there is the mini boomer convention after that!!) I am one Giddy Biddie.

I have a title for my 'Eat' breif....."Physical starvarion-Cultural Murder"(or political murder)...strong and concise...not too controvertial...I hope to go public with this one, with the Irish News Papers.

Any comments on the title are welcome.

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#115854 - 01/01/08 03:18 AM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Poppie]
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Poppie, I like your picture! I did not realize you and Celtic and Lucien had not seen each other in a long while. I don't have any comments on the title. Your topic already sounds controversial! I also like your line: even the smallest of gifts can alleviate the greatest of suffering. L PL

#115855 - 01/02/08 07:32 AM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Princess Lenora]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Poppie, so good to hear from you again! It's great that your family is together for this occasion. Best of luck for your exhibition

Poet and essayist

#115856 - 01/03/08 11:31 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: meredithbead]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i had to stay heer lynne test weere being conducted on lucien that were important that he underwent them and as it turned out it descovered, uncovered he has a disibilitie that will have an ongoing effect on his development. He also had to have a physical opperasion.
Po needed to find her feet with uni and trulie see was it what she wanted to do before we made plannes to all move to london permenantlie.

So we been apart, longer than expected as their was no brake for po over the last 3 mounths. We all mamaged to be together for christmass and new yr. Now that was a storie, i let po tell you her adventures about trying to get to belfast..........
hopefullie the time apart wont be too big in terms of chunkes as visites are necassary especillie for lucien. I kinda dreading a bit how he's gonna readjust to po being in london and us being heer, it will be reallie telling. I hope that visiting her in london be good for him as he can get idea of how far away she is, weer she workes and thse details in his mind will make things a lot easier for him.
he is becomming a dab hand at talking over the internet on messenger, phones don't do it for him but putting voices and phone together is ideal for him.
Mostlie he go back to being and adjust quicklie enough to po being away, thats the hope and theirs lots of stuff she can do to make it easier for him...wen you been away tending to your mum you mist all the deatails i have assomed you knoew about, all well theirs a quick brife outline of some stuff thats been happening.

#115857 - 01/04/08 07:48 AM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: celtic_flame]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Celtic, I don't think little children have the same concept of time as we do. That's why I think Anaiya copes so well with not seeing her Daddy. Sometimes over the weekend, he'll just sneak into the house. When she happens to enter the room he's in, she acts like he's been there all week. It must be some instinctive protection they have. I'm so glad she is so easy in this respect. Hope Lucien will manage as well.

#115858 - 01/04/08 05:31 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Lucien is so lucky to have two such loving moms. He will survive.

I think you are right, Hannelore, kids, time, distance - they just don't mean the same thing to them as they do to us.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#115859 - 01/15/08 01:41 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Anno]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hello my freinds.....'he came, he saw, he conqured'.....Celtic and the we man have been over with me in London, stayed for about a week. They were here with me for my exibition, which was put up and taken down on the same day(complete chaos for us wee first years!!) It was awsome having my family with me for my first public showing...the exibition itself was amazing. We were all split into teams of five, managers, curators, facilitators(my team) etc,
The whole lot pulled together a realy professional exibition. My peice was chosen for the front window visual as it looked perfect for the name of the beif.."Eat".

I was shocked, pleased as punch, terrified and proud...it went down a treat and the feedback was positive...I was a tad worried that my peice was too shocking or controvertial(like I was getting a dig at the British...nope, not the point!!)

I am made up with the whole outcome...we also got to see how Lucien would cope in London and he was a star. So, that bodes well for future plans for all of us being together in London some time in the second year...fingers crossed.

So, even though I have three weeks off uni now...I have work to do everyday (a substantial ammount!!!)

Mom Ann is also due to visit soon and we are meeting up for lunch on Sunday as far as I can remember...how fab is that!!!

Here's what my peice looked like

I will pop back in for a longer catch u when I am less busy

Big Loves

Poppie

http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q131/popea_photos/?action=view&current=2891ea0b.pbw

Above is a link to the work.xx
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#115860 - 01/15/08 02:25 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Poppie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Wow, how exciting! And now we get to hear about your meeting with Ann as well. Girl, you must be on cloud 9!

Take care and drop in whenever you can. I'm so glad that you were able to be with your family. I know that lifted everyone's spirits!

#115861 - 01/15/08 02:26 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Poppie]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hi Poppie! It's a joy to hear how you are coming along. Your exhibition was an eye catcher. No wonder it was chosen for the front window! Congratulations!
I wish I could join you and Celtic when you meet up in London with Ann. My thoughts will be with you, but our meeting is just postponed. When Celtic moves to London, then it will be easier too.
You rock!
Hannelore

#115862 - 01/16/08 01:13 AM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Way to go Poppie. Sunday, sweet Sunday. I am looking forward to that day. See you soon.

Who is Bobby? (Sheese, I hope I don't sound like an idiot here)

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved