The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#115577 - 04/19/07 10:51 PM What would you do?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies,

I have a question for you. I ordered an item back in January and have never received it. I paid for the item immediately, up front and with Paypal so it was instant. Sad to say, it was a boomer woman I ordered from. Now I read the site wrong...notice I said that I READ THE SITE WRONG and thought I was ordering a finished product. It was NOT a finished product but is advertised as a KIT. Okay, I can live with that. Right? My bad.

I have sent emails since January asking about the status and have been told this, that, and the other. I was even made to believe that one of the reasons I hadn't received it was this person wanted to make the item "bigger" for me and was buying extra material to do so. I said, please don't. Just send the item. I read the site wrong and so now I know. Just send whatever I purchased.

But she insisted. To her credit, she did not want an unhappy customer and wanted to MAKE THE KIT for me. I thought that was nice and at the time thought it would mean adding on a few more weeks. No problem.

Here it is APRIL. Still no product. I have requested a full refund and feel like I have been lied to, duped, and hornswaggeled. (Is that a word?)

If you were me, would you carry it further and report this person to the BBB in her state?

Personally, I think I have been rather patient. I'm sure she doesn't see it that way. I really don't give a rip. She has my money, I don't have a product.

#115578 - 04/19/07 11:26 PM Re: What would you do? [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Addendum: I have heard from the seller and supposedly I am receiving a refund. If I do, this post will be deleted and that is the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned. We shall see.

I honestly believe the refund will come. I want to give this person the benefit of the doubt.

#115579 - 04/20/07 12:44 AM Re: What would you do? [Re: jawjaw]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Ouch, ouch, and ouch

Not even going into the issue of honesty here, that's just plain horrendous business practice. I always try to get my orders out within one week of receiving them. If I'm out of certain materials, I'll write the person with the date I expect to get the item, and when their finished product will be sent.

3 months is way too long. Paypal has a seller rating system, and you should complain to them no matter what, so no one else will be led through this. Just paste this post, OK? And ask them if THEY can do anything.

Poet and essayist

#115580 - 04/20/07 01:01 AM Re: What would you do? [Re: meredithbead]
ktri Offline

Wow, almost 16 weeks? You can get stuff from China sooner than that these days. I say you have been more than patient.

Perhaps telling the person that you are going to report them if you do not get your refund in hand within X number of days would do the trick.

#115581 - 04/20/07 01:05 AM Re: What would you do? [Re: ktri]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Thanks gals. I'm giving it a week to 10 days to see if she comes through. I just sent the demand for a refund today and then posted here. Quite frankly, I never expected to hear back from her but she responded right away, to her credit. So we'll see. But I do so appreciate your reply's and until I sing, it ain't over, you know?

#115582 - 04/20/07 04:38 AM Re: What would you do? [Re: jawjaw]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
A week to 10 days??? She ain't walking it over, is she?

It takes less than 5 minutes to move the funds through Paypal. 3 days is more than generous, and then YOU have closure.

And I'd still file a seller's report.

Poet and essayist

#115583 - 04/20/07 05:46 AM Re: What would you do? [Re: meredithbead]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Well, I did give her the option of snail mail, so since I did, I'm giving the week to 10 days. I know, I'm an idiot. Maybe she'll do it though. We should start a pool to guess which day the money arrives. No wait, we could all be dead before it does and then what? Nevermind.

Stay tuned folks...

#115584 - 04/20/07 07:18 AM Re: What would you do? [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
JJ, don't know how people function like that. I wouldn't be able to sleep nights; I'd be so full of guilt feelings.
You know the Valentine's contest that I won? I was supposedly supposed to have won a weekend trip somewhere in the USA. They forgot to mention it was a fantasy weekend...because it's still in my fantasy.

#115585 - 04/20/07 04:42 PM Re: What would you do? [Re: Edelweiss]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
This happened with my so-called publisher. She had the pre-order site up in December last year and encourage me to get people to pre-order the book, which I did. After a great deal of badgering on my part, including getting an editor for her which she hasn't paid, I finally got books in mid-March. I felt so bad for the people who ordered on my recommendation and did offer them refunds in February and even sent one woman an extra book when they did come out. It made me very angry because it was so out of my control and I did feel guilty.

For me it's a matter of honor to keep my word. I don't know how else to live.

#115586 - 04/20/07 10:23 PM Re: What would you do? [Re: Casey]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Queenie, I agree with what everyone said. I wouldn't have waited until April to ask for my money back or to make a complaint. You have certainly given her the benefit of your doubt and have been more than patient. To the gallows with her! Wouldn't it be awful if the package came as soon as her head was in your hands?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved