The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#11412 - 03/16/03 01:51 PM Two Year Anniversary
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My mom went to heaven two years ago on St. Patrick's day. Her married name was McNamara, so she kept things in line right up to the last minute. Hospice thought she would have died days before and every day they arrived and Mom was still with us, they marveled.

St. Patrick's day, after scarfing (mmm) our corned beef and cabbage at my parents's apartment, she went to be with her maker! We should have known!

Today my dad and my brother and sister-in-law are going away for a few days. They are visiting one of Mom and Dad's favorite get-a-ways for the first time since her death. Dad has wanted to get there all winter and we could never get it just right so one of us could go with him. It almost worked and then the blizzard arrived. [Eek!]

Well don't you know it is on St. Patrick's day that he will be there! How crazy is that? [Roll Eyes]

And for more of God's timing...my friend's mom died on Friday, (the one who was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer not even two weeks ago). She was Mom's best friend. She was my favorite living links to Mom on earth (other than my family) because we would talk about all the fun times she and my mom had together.

This time of remembering Mom will be very intense because I will be doing the whole funeral parlor, funeral thing at the very same time of year. May sound weird, but I am okay with it. [Wink] It will cause me to think even more about MOM! [Cool]

#11413 - 03/16/03 06:41 PM Re: Two Year Anniversary
roxxie Offline

mommom was the greatest,she was almost like my grandmother.Such a loving person.I just want to let you know I will be thinking of her this st.patricks day,and everyother.give poppop my love.I also send it to you.Like your mother you too have that strength and compassion.Tanya

#11414 - 03/18/03 02:18 PM Re: Two Year Anniversary
nillawafer Offline

Loc: new orleans
she was a busy girl coming down and getting her best friend by st. patrick's day to be with her for some green beer, corned beef, cabbage and potatoes in heaven. she remains my hero.

#11415 - 03/19/03 02:26 AM Re: Two Year Anniversary
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
My father has a few weeks to live. He is 83, with inoperable cancer. It has all come quite suddenly, and my brother, sisters and I are all of a sudden thrust into new responsibilities of supporting our mother, visiting Dad, settling his affairs.
I was there when the doctor told Dad and operation wouldn't help him. Dad is a quiet man, and he took the news very quietly. He is a quiet, constant christian, and I believe that the love of God will continue to sustain all my familiy over the coming weeks. May I share this with you as we travel through uncharted territory? I may need a place to whinge, complain and let it all out. We have our faith to sustain us, but no family is perfect!

I am hanging on to a poem I wrote late year:

Safe in his hand, though the bitter winds call
I am safe in the hand of the ruler of all
Can poverty, hardship, danger or death?
Seperate me from the love of God
I'm safe in the hand of God
The present or future, powers above or below
No matter what evil, cold, bitter winds blow
I am safe in the love of Christ
Born of the blood of Christ
Safe evermore.

#11416 - 03/31/03 04:25 AM Re: Two Year Anniversary
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Thank you for the messages of support you have given me.
It has all happened much faster than I expected...Dad beathed his last breath last Friday night, with my mother, sisters and brother (and Me) and most of our spouses present. We are grateful that his suffering was short. I had not expected death to come in such a familiar way...it was a process very like giving birth...a final moment of pain then the life being released into a new dimension.

#11417 - 03/31/03 05:43 AM Re: Two Year Anniversary
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Julie, I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. While I know I also felt some relief when loved ones passed because they no longer had to suffer, it wasn't long before I found myself thinking of all the firsts without so-and-so I would have to experience. Just remember what fun it was to have him around and know that his spirit is with you even if he isn't physically there.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved