The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#113726 - 04/06/07 12:00 PM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: diamond50]
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
I will also keep you and your Mom in my prayers. I know how tough this situation can be. HUGS

#113727 - 04/06/07 01:36 PM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: Pam Kimmell]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Lynnie I'm just now seeing this thread and I'm just so saddened to hear it, but like someone has stated previously, I'm so happy that the bridge between you and your Mom has been torn down.

If possible, bask in her presence and just be there. Look at her and send loving thoughts and they will bounce back onto your own heart.

I will be holding all of your family close to my own heart. You are in my prayers.

#113728 - 04/07/07 02:12 AM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: jawjaw]
chickadee Offline

Lynnie, I just saw this myself. I also have you in my prayers. Keep us updated when you can.

luv

#113729 - 04/07/07 09:53 AM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: chickadee]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
well you be with your ma a few days now hope its going well between you...
letting someone "be" with their choice not to have treatment theirfore allowing it to be terminal be a hard one to watch and allouw whishing you strenth and peace in this time.

#113730 - 04/15/07 03:06 AM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: celtic_flame]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hello everyone and thank you for your prayers and thoughts. I am just popping in between visits with Mom. I was with her all last week, flew home to CO for 2 days, and will go right back. She is still in the hospital. Not only does she have inoperable cancer but also she is just diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I don't see how my mom and step f will do it all themselves. I am thinking I may be post poning my real estate life and other adventures for a while to practically move in with them. A song by Sara McLaughlin comes to mind: "Hold on, hold on to yourself, this is gonna hurt like hell."

#113731 - 04/15/07 10:42 AM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: Princess Lenora]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i know that mclauchlin song and its approriate for you at this time eh!
but on the same cd thheirs also arms of the angel and stumbling towards exsticie ( i wont fear love) thed be appropriate too. Some hard and important descisions ahead for you lynn. I whish you everie wisdom in making them, good luck..

#113732 - 04/15/07 12:13 PM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: celtic_flame]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Lynn, I woke up very early this morning thinking about you, and kept you in thought throughout my early morning prayers. One of the songs that got me through Gary's 20 days in ICU was Peter Gabriel's "Don't Give Up"...I played it for Gary everyday, now I keep hearing it everywhere I go - as if Gary's now playing it for me everyday!

My heart and prayers are with you...tough road ahead, but you'll make it through. Lean on us, on the knowing that we're behind you, in prayer, love and caring support throughout and beyond...

(Maya Angelou)

#113733 - 04/15/07 12:16 PM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I echo Eagle's words, Lynnie and add that I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about Az if you can't find someone to there to give you the help and support you need. Bless you honey, and your family!

#113734 - 04/15/07 12:35 PM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Lynnie...I woke up thinking about you, too...take a deep breath and bask in all the love and support that you have here...let us know how we can help...

#113735 - 04/15/07 03:33 PM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Wow, Eagle, I listened to Don't Give Up over and over flying to/from seeing my mom! The lyrics are so profoud, and the way that Peter Gabriel does the song with his rich deep voice as the one in distress as compared to the sweet assurance of those singing Dont Give Up, you have friends. Celtic, yes, I listen to the entire Sara McLaughlin CD with Arms of the Angels. Very appropriate. When I was with Mom she asked "Did God send you?" just like my 101 year old grandma asked when I was taking care of her. These precious moments with a Mom who I had a strange and sometimes estranged relationship with are a God-thing, precious moments in the here and now that will last for all eternity. Thank you all for thinking of me. I too woke up thinking about me! and thinking Holy Cow. Sometimes I think we are blessed with the hard journeys, as with Eagle and Gary, versus thinking it's a curse upon our lives. It is a blessing to be able to be love in action. I have a feeling I will be making my real estate license inactive while I go to AZ to be with Mom for how long? A week, a month, two? The real estate will always be there, but my mom won't. It's also a blessing to be with mom with the love that we had for each other in my early years, before the crap of dysfunction hit the fan. Our love for each other has come full circle. What is more important than that? My mentor in real estate told me I was courageous to face my mother's condition and be with her. My mentor said that when her parents were sick, she backed off. I thank God that I am not in the frame of mind or heart to avoid what is ahead, like Eagle and many of you others who had the courage to go forth in love and light. I'm packing now, and I hope to visit my BWS sisters in a week or so. L, L

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved