The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#112630 - 03/28/07 04:20 AM Re: how do you pray? [Re: celtic_flame]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
I don't know any specific prayers except for the Lord's Prayer or Our Father. Prayer for me is a constant flow of language and sharing between me and Christ like thinking with someone as partner in your thoughts, interacting with them and them with you.

I do pray in the Spirit. I don't plan on it. Once the girls and I were travelling through Texas...the sky was gray and then green. I spotted a twister coming straight for us. The prayer language just bubbled up and out of me and the twister turned the other way...then I had to clean up my seat...lol

Speaking of which, I have a joke:

A world renowned hypnotist decided to hold a show in a senior citizens home.

Normally he would just select three people from the crowd to hypnotize but this particular evening he decided to change things up a bit and hypnotize the whole crowd.

He took out his enormous pocket watch and slowly swung it back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. Suddenly! It dropped out of his fingers and landed in tiny pieces all over the floor!

"Oh S@**!", he exclaimed.

It took weeks to clean up the mess........

Edited by Dotsie (03/30/07 08:13 PM)

#112631 - 03/28/07 08:14 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: NewLeaf]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
our fathers a prettie universal prayer as a christion one...i sure the prayers of bluebirds are christion but they aint ones i familour with...that is untill i read them. I am still intrested in them

individual chats with the boss i bet go on for most people nearlie all the time to borow a nice phraze by content or intent. That sort of thing and chatt goes beyond religon or its variouse denominasions thankfullie its universalle to all and even the non beliver...(god may be their or not and is not dependent on our limiting thoughts or belife in him/her)

I have a neer constant streem of chatt and i belive all of its heard and acted upon...in one form or another and as i have said before in concise prayer "in accordances to devine will"...make you kinda humble to think that god is listening and responding to what you aske or provides for you before you have even asked for it...

i got an opp tomorrow and i was thinking it over and relized their no need to worrie as its alreadie taken care off so why wast my time with worrie.....so gess who is not worring and is comphorted, secure and feels safe regardless of how it all goes...So no real need for anyone else to pray or for me to pray anymore...

no it aint open hart surgerie but i never had a generall anistetick before ...either way its all good...and managed

#112632 - 03/28/07 11:27 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: celtic_flame]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Praying nonetheless that all goes well with the procedure, Celtic. Make sure to rest, rest, rest as well.

#112633 - 03/29/07 02:46 AM Re: how do you pray? [Re: Lola]
celtic_flame Offline

exilent lola and i willlll telll po you told me i had to rest rest rest, hmmmmmmm... ah well thanks for praying lol. i been distrurbed from slepp now i going back to bed....love you too lola sleep well X

#112634 - 03/29/07 03:46 AM Re: how do you pray? [Re: celtic_flame]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I was always taught not to pray for material gain. Most of my prayers are for the well-being of others who are in medical need, or in need of safety. I ask the universe to let goodness flow and heal those in need. Sometimes I specifically ask Goddess/God/Universe, because that covers all aspects. For instance, if someone is sick, I will think of them and concentrate on their being healthy. I always focus on positive statements ("you will be healthy") as opposed to dwelling on what is wrong. I ask for the light of purity to shine through them and cleanse all that is not light.

My absolute favorite prayer is Avinu Malkenu, which I also love to sing. There are two different melodies that I alternate between, both exquisitely beautiful.

My second favorite would be Sh'Hechiyanu.

Poet and essayist

#112635 - 03/29/07 06:07 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: meredithbead]
celtic_flame Offline

Well i woke up from the operation asking for 5 more minuets becouse i was so tired and it couldn't be time to take the child to school yet and could i just have 5 more minuets..........thats what i said after i woke praying and babling insiting they tell po that i had worked a wee thing out about christ can you belive and my mother, as well as shouting across the recoverie room to another woman who was quite sick was the toast and coffe nice....it did make her laugh and she was kinda poorlie so that was worth it..

Once fullie concise i pretended as did the nurses that nuthing out the ordenerary was said, but i was a bit embarresed.

I did aske had they told po what my insight was she said no, so i had to tell her she thought it was funnie too.

I did however heer one nurse tell another i think to see how confused i was (or she was just ammosed) but by that time i wasent (confused) and knew to shhhhh all by myself....

i gess it could be have been worse...

so seminlie i pray when waking from surgierie and talk to god and also want feed...

and will i tell ya exactlie what i was praying about as loud as i can , NO.. Some things have to stay with me and the recoverie nurses.

#112636 - 03/29/07 11:25 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: celtic_flame]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Newleaf said:
Speaking of which, I have a joke

I'd be fine with this in the Laughter forum, but I honestly find it very inappropriate in a thread about prayer.

Poet and essayist

#112637 - 03/29/07 11:27 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: meredithbead]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Celtic,

Glad your surgery went well

Poet and essayist

#112638 - 03/30/07 12:53 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: meredithbead]
celtic_flame Offline

i don't know thos prayers either meradith, their so manie i dont know that sound intresting....do you think a prayer sang has a whole diffrent feel to it?....i do
when you sing a prayer dose it change your own mood too???

#112639 - 03/30/07 05:59 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: celtic_flame]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Well, the God I serve has a sense of humor. Sorry, you're sensitivities were inflamed. Honestly.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved