The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#112620 - 03/27/07 07:46 AM Re: how do you pray? [Re: Lola]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Anno, I truly believe just your heart and mind caring enough to call out to a higher being is such a sweet thing. God, who hears all our thoughts anyway, must be able to capture and act on the intent as well as the content. Its nice just to be thought of.

#112621 - 03/27/07 01:40 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: NewLeaf]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
ANNO as long as its to a loving god i don't mind either, ya know me god universal spirite, devine being all same entitie just diffrent names..

The onlie time i get botherd or dont want someone to pray for me is when i think/know their praying for somthing SPACIFIC for me...i got a strong sence of faith in prayers therfore consider it rude to ask for something spacific for someone and applie and aske others to grant me the same to me in reverse.....

Physics has long time shown that thought affects matter. Prayer is focused thought therfore can effect matter, put god behind that and thats one big lump of energie....

i don't consider myself as knowing whats right for me (outside of gods will) so wouldn't presume to know whats right for another. So my praying is always generall ie love , health, good fortune etc...If i do get spacifik i end it with in accordance to devine or universal will, ....the your will be done not mine, is my favourite one.
It may sound complicated but it aint.

My mum was in a coma for 1 day i wanted her to live, said so to god but ended with "your will be done not mine" continued in that fashion and she diead the next day....My conclusion, that WAS gods will not that prayer didn't work...

The route learned prayers, our fathers, hail marie etc i think a bost of focus towards god that god then dose what in their best intrests or what is devine will anyway...

I love prayer in irish as po said it dose sound butifull. She learned how to pray this way so sometimes its hard for her to translate into english, some spacific wee prayers. LOLA youd love it your accent would suite it. Po talking about doing you a phonetic chart so you could pronce it right, its verie melodic.

NEWLEAF are you talking about talking in tounges....with the diffrent language????

I pmed someone a question about a prayer titled "hail holie queen" po says it irish, i heard it before so think it not necasarilie irish but is catholic....One great line in it is "divert thyn holie eyes towards us" as...etc. I get her to write the whole thing...Anyone know this or is it irish afterall....LOLA do you know this one?

#112622 - 03/27/07 01:43 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

LOLA....2 things 1 how or what has changed that you get your grandkids 4 days a week if you dont mind saying in public...

2 How well do you feel after the retreat?....How did you feel when you weer their?...
i think its a lovlie thing you got to go and a verie spacial thing you wanted to go especiallie at theis time of year....TELL US ABOUT IT, WOMAN HEHEHE. I am bursting to know...

#112623 - 03/27/07 07:56 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: celtic_flame]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Celtic: My daughter's six months maternity leave is over by mid-April and intends to go back to work part-time i.e. four days a week. Those are the days I have been asked to help with the grandchildren as the baby is much too young to be sent off to creche. He is only five months old and needs a lot of hugs. Excellent as the creche and the nannies may be with babies, I am always reminded of Romanian babies left to cry in their cots and I don't want that for any of my grandchildren so, I have taken a sabbatical in part from work for at least 6 months. When the baby starts to walk and can express what he wants more or less, then I'd be happier for him to go to creche and I can go back to work with a calm heart and mind. We're also still on standby for my other grandson's operation.

The retreat was wonderful! My sister-in-law, the Carmelite nun, spent part of it with me at the convent. Each of us had a room which was 8 x 10, very basic with just a bed, a dresser, a night table, a lamp and a chair. Very monastic. But, at least, each had a private shower room!

There was a prayerful rhythm to life within cloisters. My day started at 5:30 A.M. when everyone started to trickle into the chapel for private prayers an hour before daily Mass which was celebrated by a visiting Franciscan friar, who became my retreat director. We spoke at great length about Padre Pio, my study in Catholic apologetics and the Shroud of Turin. The latter of which I had studied in depth in the past. The days revolved mostly around prayers, solitary and community-wise. So, I have had a good dose of the familiar in the company of the nuns and a few retreatants. It felt almost like I had gone back to school. Peaceful and familiar. But at least, this time, I did not get pulled up by the nuns for listening to my Ipod in my room and taking my laptop along

For the other part of your second question. How did I feel after? Sad: considering that I had once thought of that vocation once and had wished it since childhood. I cried when I left. Comforting: because the religious community life thrives despite the challenges it faces. Happy, peaceful and grateful: because it has been good for the soul and brought the spirit to give to God what is God's.

Edited by Lola (03/27/07 09:29 PM)

#112624 - 03/27/07 09:34 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: Lola]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I like to pray in the morning, when I'm out walking, but since I haven't gotten out all winter, I now do it in my closet! It's dark, fairly quiet and I have room to kneel or even lay flat out. It also faces east which is the direction of where my church is located and so, the tabernacle. I pray the rosary, with beads brought back from Medjugorje by our Priest, blessed by Mary in the apparition room. I also pray a Divine Mercy chaplet (2 during Lent) for the souls in purgatory. I add some other rote prayers and spontaneous ones. I still get distracted but when I think of someone or a situation, that becomes part of my intentions.
I look forward to prayer time now, whereas in the past, I used to put it off.

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#112625 - 03/27/07 10:19 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: Bluebird]
celtic_flame Offline

thanks lola for sharring that about the retreat i was happie to read it..Could you still go into closter life? if you could would the grandkids and your kids be the thing that was stopping you?

cool you get to be with the grankids and i agree it brakes my harts a little to think of L being away from such a young age hence i am luckie enough to be a full time mummie, the carrer can waite this i do (for him and I) is a bit more important...and thease special days when they so young just fly past.

PADRIE PEO....i worked for a boss a verie strong intutive woman, started her own companie in a male dominated field and excelled, (70's) she ended up for a time in stormount, a few years back, and over heer you can't get much higher...she also Ansons godparent and once we weer best frends but it was for a seasson or a spacific time in out lives.....

Anyway her mum had loads of kids and was thought to be to old to have kids. They had her to everie professional doc trying to find out what to do with the tumer she had in her tummie....they wrote to PP and he answered saying not to worrie she was pregnant and the babie she would have would be a spacial child....yep the above said women and she is a verie special woman. lol.

did you heer of the healing power in one of his gloves, what do you think of that....Any ideas how it works???

OH LOLA ipods, laptops at a retreat, those nuns are letting you away with faaaaar too much hehehe what is the world comming too. tut tut tut

BLUEBIRD hi your the second woman to say she faced that direction to pray (you said it was facing your church) the other woman didnt know why she faced that direction. Is it a coincedences or is their some other significances with that direction?

#112626 - 03/27/07 10:20 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

QUESTION. what is everie ones favourite prayer???

#112627 - 03/27/07 10:26 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Thank you everyone for letting me know that my prayers are welcomed.

Celtic - the only prayer that I can recite is in Norweigan, oh the Lord's Prayer, I guess. I love the little Norweigan prayer, but I cannot remember what it means. It will give me something to talk with my parents about this coming weekend.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#112628 - 03/27/07 10:32 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: Anno]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I love the St. Michael prayer and the Holy Spirit prayer.

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#112629 - 03/27/07 10:37 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: Bluebird]
celtic_flame Offline

BLUE BIRD can you type them up and post them....

ANNO how about doing the translasion of the norweigian prayer?

just so we can all know them maybee we get a new favourite out it all. then we can chatt about the best lines and what they meen to us...just thinking

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved