The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#112662 - 04/05/07 06:19 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: Dianne]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Many thanks for all your prayers and support. Gabriel's funeral was yesterday and all of us are at peace. We are sad, but nevertheless, at peace. We continue with our 40-day novena which commenced on the day Gabriel passed away. It is a practice where we gather to pray for the repose of the soul of the dear departed and the duration is in keeping with our family tradition which has been handed down by previous generations. Each member of the family will keep to the novena wherever they may be. In our case, my children and I will be doing it in the UK. The rest of the family are in New York.

Once again, on behalf of my loved ones, I thank all of you for the kind thoughts and prayers.

#112663 - 04/05/07 10:32 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: Lola]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
What a special tradition. Do you get together or just do it on your own?

I'm glad that you feel peace.

#112664 - 04/06/07 06:18 AM Re: how do you pray? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Jane: Family members who live in close proximity to each other would be doing the novena together. Then the rest do it wherever they may be. Either as a family unit, individually, or with a prayer group. A Mass is offered on the first and last days of the novena.

#112665 - 04/06/07 06:56 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lola, so glad to hear that the funeral is behind you and everyone is praying together. What a lovely thing to do. I've always been touched by the faithfulness of your family. I recall your mother passed it on from generation to generation. God bless her. Was your grandmother also a faithful woman?

#112666 - 04/07/07 01:18 AM Re: how do you pray?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Lola, I just gor back but wanted to tell you that my prayers are with you and your family. The novena tradition truly is different, I hadn't heard of it before.

#112667 - 04/07/07 08:33 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: chickadee]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hi gals...Celtic has been on at me to post my favourite prayer from my childhood...here it is..and it is even more beautiful in Gealic.

I am using it with my novena for Lola and her loved ones.

Popea

Hail, Holy Queen

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy!
Our life, our sweetness, and our hope!
To thee do we cry, poor banished
children of Eve, to thee do we send
up our sighs, mourning and weeping
in this valley, of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate,
thine eyes of mercy toward us; and
after this our exile show unto us the
blessed fruit of thy womb Jesus;
O clement, O loving, O sweet virgin Mary.

Pray for us, O holy Mother of God

That we may be made worthy of the
promises of Christ.
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#112668 - 04/07/07 09:59 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: Poppie]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yep i love this one for a few reasons its almost like a poeam its great sentiment and its to the mary A womann and its so dramatic but wait till your reallie sad before doing this one then see how much it means to you ...all good eh!

its the 1st 2 lines i love the best.

#112669 - 04/27/07 10:07 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: Lola]
Madalyn Offline

I pray by the river near my house, and in the woods where I take walks. I often see Eagles and Deer and feel so close to God at these times

Madalyn

#112670 - 04/29/07 02:31 PM Re: how do you pray? [Re: Madalyn]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Madalyn, I feel close to God when I'm in my garden and the bees are swarming, but not stinging, and the birds plunk down very near for a rest as though I'm not there. It's touching, isn't it?

#112671 - 05/15/07 01:01 PM Frequently and with...Re: how do you pray?
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I pray many, many times a day: morning, noon and nighttime, too. And I pray with lots and lots of fervor!!!!

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved