The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 197 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#111884 - 03/21/07 06:28 PM Re: Worry? [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Yes, Gimster...I meant the Lord's Prayer. Geez, it's been a while since I've even said that; "The Lord's Prayer".

#111885 - 03/21/07 07:34 PM Re: Worry? [Re: gims]
Katrinka Offline

Loc: Central Pennsylvania
Great suggestions all! I worry all the time. I try to keep my mind occupied by reading or other things that require my concentration. Sometimes it works. I even worry in my dreams. I'll try out the resources listed by everyone. Thanks!

#111886 - 03/21/07 08:36 PM Re: Worry? [Re: Katrinka]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
gimster, glad I was able to plant a positive seed. I have found that to be true.

Another spin I have put on life is the saying that people use when something bad happens, "WHY ME?"

Well, "WHY NOT YOU," is another way to look at it. Why should anyone get through life without anything bad happening to them? Why do we think we don't deserve something bad? Do we think we are better than the next person.

gimster, I pray like you. I also do prayers I learned in childhood on occasion, and I also dialogue with God the same way I dialogue with friends. Due to the prayer group I've attended for years, I have no problem at all praying out loud like I once did. I think the more we do it, the easier and more connected we become.

Maybe we should start a topic on prayer and what it is to everyone. Hmmm...

#111887 - 03/22/07 04:43 AM Re: Worry?
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Women worrying more than men? Maybe. Somehow some men, who are naturally caring and conscientious individuals, these type of guys do worry but don't verbalize their worry as much as some women would. they just pace about, pretend to do something or calmly, quietly takes control of the situation so he worries less (and probably overworks himself unnecessarily).

#111888 - 03/22/07 01:55 PM Re: Worry? [Re: orchid]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
prayer route learned or made up sounds like a good topic, i often do wonder how or what others are actulie saying when they pray even if you see them all you see is the physical stance they take not the mental activitie...

good idea...

#111889 - 03/23/07 07:34 PM Re: Worry? [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
orchid, I agree. I think some men are worriers but just don't admit it.

Celtic, I odn't have an specific stance though I know some people do. I pray anywhere and in any position. I don't have to be kneeling with hands folded like I was taught in Catholic school many years ago.

#111890 - 03/24/07 02:26 PM Re: Worry?
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
D and I were talking about worry and fear lately, and it seems he worries much more than I do. I doubt that he would share this with anyone but me.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#111891 - 03/24/07 04:19 PM Re: Worry? [Re: Anno]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
R (DH) says he doesn't worry, but I know he does. I can tell when he's in the throws of it by his demeanor.

#111892 - 03/25/07 07:40 PM Re: Worry? [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Worry and fear can cause actual physical problems to erupt. Heart attacks, strokes, ulcers, migraines are just a few of the things brought on by worry and stress. Easier said than done in some cases; but try to relax and not worry about the things you have no control over. Give your life over to God, its amazing how much stress and worry that will eleviate.
I speak to God, pray everywhere. In my car, when crocheting we have some good chats. I don't think there is a special posture when praying. God is everywhere and listens no matter what.

Edited by chatty lady (03/25/07 07:45 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#111893 - 03/25/07 11:08 PM Re: Worry? [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i don't have a spacific stance i pray doing the dishes or feeding the child or when i can.....however if it a big hartfelt one or i am in need/sorrow/pain extreem gratitude...you know those big prayers for yourself or another thats soooo seriouse then i am on my knews or crossed leg infront of a wee statue, it helps me keep my focus and i gess seperrate it in my mind from just the normal types of praying...

i was talking about watching othes paray as part of a group, you dont get to know whats in their heads just by seeing them from the outside. Their stances lets you know their praying but not what going on in their head....well they might be thinking about the dinner as far as i know and just look like their praying lol...

DOTSIE i been waiting for you to post in spiritual section about paraying...lol..

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved