The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#111121 - 03/13/07 11:15 PM 1 glorious dream
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
your granted a wish, any amount of monie and things and people at your disposible. Trulie you can have your harts desiree for one day.....

How would you plane it? who would be their or would you be alone? what would you weer? food, intrests, pastimes...

what would be your perfect day to quote iggie,

glade that i spent it with you, such a perfect day you just keep me holding on la la laaa laa.
your so luckie yopu can't heer me sing that. Po is pitch perfect and quite a songbird. My singing hurts her ears but i do it anyway (haaaa)....NOW the child is telling me "oh mum don't do that" and putting his hands over his ears...I meeen whats a girl to do eh!

#111122 - 03/14/07 02:29 AM Re: 1 glorious dream [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
One glorious dream? That is all I get?

I would plan it with D, my heart-mate. I know it would involve being somewhere new, for both of us. There would be a balanced amount of struggle and relaxation. We would be meeting new people, different from us in many ways, but yet we would find the similarities. We would be trying new foods, looking for new experiences and finding how everything we have learned and experienced can help us become better people.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#111123 - 03/14/07 05:07 AM Re: 1 glorious dream [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
What a beautiful fantasy Celtic…I'm lost in it all ready.

I'd rise up high in a huge balloon and take all the people I love with me. The basket would be so big, that it could carry all of us and a three man jazz combo.

It would be a beautiful warm breezy day. We'd float over snow-capped mountains and watch at eye -level a family of baby eagles learn how to fly. We'd sweep over sparkling lakes and see dots of sailboats below. Green thick pastures covered with colorful meadow flowers would be in full bloom. We'd float over apple tree orchards and the sweet smell of spring would drift right up to us.

We would all hold our hands, and thank God we have each other smiling at one another with love filled hearts.

The combo would play "What a Wonderful World", and we'd sing along...and know the lyrics by heart.

The soft wind current would allow us to spend the day from sunrise to sundown...without needing to go to the bathroom once. (This is a dream, right…I'm in control here.) Of course the picnic basket is full of fresh fruit, light wine and French bread.

Sigh.

#111124 - 03/14/07 11:58 AM Re: 1 glorious dream [Re: Edelweiss]
celtic_flame Offline

ANNO ....JUST ONE....a day lol..

both dreams sound good....

think i borrow HL sounds fun if thats ok? and i a bit low on imaginasion today lol the practicalities of life at the minuet lol what a pain lol too bizie to have a wee dream or day dream

celtic

#111125 - 03/14/07 05:06 PM Re: 1 glorious dream [Re: celtic_flame]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
My 3 children and 3 grandchldren all in the same place at the same time and me doting over each one of them. Some day it may be possible, but today I will dream.

chick

#111126 - 03/19/07 12:19 AM Re: 1 glorious dream [Re: chickadee]
celtic_flame Offline

i would wake up in shade and before i opened my eyes i alreadiey know i wasa somewere hot, a breze would blow or riffile my hair. ...

throwing open the shutters doors id discover a blue sea and dazzling golden sand...walking into the bright sunlight feeling the heat tost my feet through the warm sand i find a table will fresh fruite and strong tastie cofe...
lucien be playing i would have no worrie of him being burnt in the sun. I swing in a hammock and read, and swimm and chat to po who be off playing with the child, or resting herself.

yep you gets it we got snow and sleet stormes and i sick of not enough sun and drizzle grey weather and skies....I want a holidayyyyyyyyy in the sunnnn

"i wanna be the one to walk in the sun, oh girls they wanna have fun"...

who sang that?

#111127 - 03/19/07 06:09 AM Re: 1 glorious dream [Re: celtic_flame]
chickadee Offline

Cyndie Lauper, loved that gal!

#111128 - 03/19/07 11:28 AM Re: 1 glorious dream [Re: chickadee]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I can hear that song in my head now and it is stirring my dreams too. I just want to have a day of fun.
The beach sounds wonderful. Warm breezes and Pina Coladas for everyone. I'd get to meet all of my Boomer Sisters there and we'd just laugh and laugh all day!
Care to join me?

#111129 - 03/19/07 08:15 PM Re: 1 glorious dream [Re: TVC15]
celtic_flame Offline

definatly TVC....we be in good companie with the sisters and i have loads of babie sitters....good all round

#111130 - 03/19/07 09:50 PM Re: 1 glorious dream [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

I, for two, am with you TVC15. Bring it on!

#111131 - 03/19/07 09:52 PM Re: 1 glorious dream [Re: Anno]
TVC15 Offline

Who ever said we can't all have the same glorious dream?

#111132 - 03/24/07 06:02 AM Re: 1 glorious dream [Re: TVC15]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
24 hours? How many contractors does it take to start and finish any number of home projects?

I guess I'm the practical type.

Poet and essayist

#111133 - 03/30/07 02:02 AM Post deleted by Dotsie [Re: meredithbead]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland

#111134 - 03/30/07 05:51 PM Re: 1 glorious dream
TVC15 Offline

Mitskity,
Your dream is terrific. I'd love to do all that too!

#111135 - 03/30/07 08:58 PM Re: 1 glorious dream [Re: TVC15]
celtic_flame Offline

owwwwww hoooooo

my current adult life is so dreamie becouse i leave all the childhood stuff alone.....my past had all the work out its ever gonna need, one hopes lol...
good luck and good journeys mitzkie...

i woul;d onlie love to go back to childhood to see how my wee grannie huged and loved me, washed me in the big kitchen sink and when i was older backed for me....now i could do a few hours watching that..and eating of course...hmmmm maybee its not so bad a dream afterall mitz.

#111136 - 03/31/07 01:00 AM Re: 1 glorious dream [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

I so agree, Celtic .... the past is the past. My parents made mistakes, but all I care to remember, now, is the legacy they left me.

However.....

To smell my grandmother's cinnamon rolls baking, one more time.... hmmmmmmm
To walk among the gladiolus my grandfather raised.....ahhhhh
To see my grandpa polishing his coins ..... My grannie and her really bad (I am talking realllllllly bad) cooking at Easter......

The great memories, I would love to feel them, one more time.

#111137 - 03/31/07 06:53 AM Post deleted by Dotsie [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland

#111138 - 03/31/07 09:11 AM Re: 1 glorious dream
celtic_flame Offline

well why not merge too days italie and irland seems cool to me....

yes we do still have those stone walls to seperate fields...Funnie i see them regulare and dont think of them as special....but their you go you never know what another will think of as exotic...

#111139 - 05/08/07 07:09 PM Re: 1 glorious dream [Re: celtic_flame]
Madalyn Offline

To take my hubby, children and year old grandaughter to Ireland. I don't know why but Ireland always seemed like my real home even tho I've lived here in West Virginia my whole life. I want to see Galway where my great grandfather was born. I love everything Irish and my life won't seem full until I see it. We named my grandaughter Delaney Rose. Delaney is usually a last name but we loved it. She fits the name

Madalyn

#111140 - 05/08/07 07:20 PM Re: 1 glorious dream [Re: Madalyn]
Jane_Carroll Offline

I would be in the middle of the ocean on a cruise ship...with my family and friends...we'd have the ship to ourselves...it would be about 80 degrees and the breeze from the movement of the ship would feel wonderful as we sit and play on deck...

Of course...there's food and open bar for those who want more than my diet coke! LOL!

Just a delightful day of being!

#111141 - 05/09/07 05:39 AM Re: 1 glorious dream [Re: TVC15]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I would like people are nearest and dearest to my heart, to stay alive and be able to see them ...until I die.

In reading this thread, I actually felt happy and sad. It's like an ache in the throat...reminds me of the last episode of Six Feet Under, where the show flashes briefly how each family member dies at old age...

How life itself and the future is full of longing. Of such hope. As Shakespeare said life is but a dream...

Just being alive right now, could become a dream to someone else later when we die... Was it a dream, that she was alive once upon a time?

#111142 - 05/10/07 04:05 AM Re: 1 glorious dream [Re: orchid]
ktri Offline

I'd be able to spend the whole day in my garden (or a garden) with my dad, mom, sister and my dog and my sister's dog. I'd love to have my nephew there, too. I'd love to instill our love for gardening in him and to open his eyes to nature and all it's beautiful colors, creatures and its peacefulness. The weather would be a perfect 74 degrees F and the sky would be a perfect Montana blue with big white puffy clouds, but still sunny. I wouldn't get sunburned or have to put on sunscreen.

All my favirotie plants would be in bloom - no matter the season. There would be butterflies everywhere and birds singing. Hummingbirds would be flitting around everywhere and one would land on my hand. Rabbits and squirels would be there too, but they would be nice and not eat the flowers.

And I could eat pizza, potato chips, and chocolate and drink Pepsi all day long and not gain any weight or get sick.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved