The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#109872 - 03/09/07 03:00 AM Re: it's all happening now [Re: NewLeaf]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yea the link worked. thanks for thaking the time and effort in doing this. I appriate it

celtic

#109873 - 03/09/07 01:44 PM Re: it's all happening now [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yes, Veggie Tales are also huge around here too. Watch out, you'll be singing along with them before you know it.

This is not a Christian book but it's one of my favorite books for kids. I especially llove it since two of our children are adopted from Korea. People, by Peter Spier is about how different all of us are to look at, but also shares how much we have in common. It shares and illustrates very well what a boring world it would be if we were all the same. The illustrations are as good as the text.

#109874 - 03/10/07 12:49 AM Re: it's all happening now
celtic_flame Offline

thats a good message to be sending to kids and yea he might need that someday .....we all have our diffrences and thats what makes a good diverse world of intrest...thanks

i was a bit surprise about the antices of vegitables but hay if seems to work and if it good for kids maybee i not/don't seem to get the same stuff out of TV as he dose...

but the singing of kidie jingles drive me mad....i pick them up so easiely ..
celtic

#109875 - 03/10/07 01:20 AM Re: it's all happening now [Re: celtic_flame]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Tell me about it!!! I find the silly jingles jingling around in my brain long after the show has ended...

Some of the kids shows are just too hard for me to stomach...like Tella Tubbies (sp?) and Care Bears...Barney too. Sorry, I just can't take all that sugar.

I love Sponge Bob though and the Wild Thornberry's.

#109876 - 03/10/07 12:14 PM Re: it's all happening now [Re: NewLeaf]
celtic_flame Offline

barney ohhhhh yep the suger as you put it drives me mad lol i thought he was an american icon for kids, lol so i glade he drives you mad too. tellie tubbies i don't get either, i know what they say about them and how good they are ment to be for kids...lucien loves the child in the sun but get bored after that he smiles back at the child which can look a bit creepie sometimes (i hate saying that about any child but he scares me ) he's growing beoyond the tubbies at long last lol.

who of hught that watching TV with the kids for a while be a test of strenth and endurances lol...

The wild thornberries are amazine bonkers but amazine. i dint get to see the movie think it be a bit much for me lol

celtic

#109877 - 03/10/07 06:45 PM Re: it's all happening now [Re: celtic_flame]
NewLeaf Offline

Wild Thornberry movie was great. I relate to Sponge Bob so I enjoy all the cartoons. One thing I've never understood is why some people relate to cartoon characters sooo much that they wear them on tshirts and hats, ie Taz and Bugs Bunny...Tweety Bird. I never got that but saw a lot of truckers getting out of their semis wearing Taz and Tweety.

#109878 - 03/10/07 06:52 PM Re: it's all happening now [Re: NewLeaf]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
NL, I love Taz and do a great imitation of him. I think people wear t shirts of Taz and such because they love humor. My Taz t shirt is as old as buckly's goat and believe me, that's old. It goes the same for people who wear Ford hats, I think. They like trucks and power etc. Right now I am wearing my old Bingo pj's because I love to play bingo. Haven't played in years. Anyone here play?
What does your t shirts say, girls?

chick

#109879 - 03/10/07 07:30 PM Re: it's all happening now [Re: chickadee]
celtic_flame Offline

.....well have you ever seen a big musclie builder with a wee tweetie bird tatoo, tee-shirts are funnie enough but it's when you get the most unliklie people having cartoon caricters as tatoo that amazies me lol..like why? lol

celtic

#109880 - 03/10/07 09:47 PM Re: it's all happening now [Re: celtic_flame]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I'm over 50...help me over the street.

#109881 - 03/11/07 04:36 AM Re: it's all happening now [Re: Edelweiss]
NewLeaf Offline

Mother Trucker

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved