The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#107271 - 02/13/07 04:09 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: meredithbead]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I'm with meredith when it comes to jewelry findings. I'm into silver right now and that is getting more expensive each day. There is a big bead show in Cincinnati this weekend and I'll be there, telling myself I won't spend over so much, but I will.

I also can't resist beautiful yarn. Really, the reason I knit is because I love the colors and textures of the yarn.

laurapoplin.com

#107272 - 02/16/07 03:59 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: Daisygirl]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
I have a sinful amount of books, jewelry and fabric. I can't get enough.

I know what you mean about jeans not fitting after you wash them. You know what I discovered? Most of them now days say to wash them in cold water. Who knew. I always wash mine in warm water. They don't prewash cloth these days before they make a garment and so when you wash them they shrink.

Laurel

#107273 - 04/29/07 12:38 AM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: meredithbead]
ShirleyValentine Offline

Quote:

Beads. Bet no one was surprised at that one I rationalize by telling myself it's for my business, but I know I overspend when I go to the wholesale show. Just walk down the aisles with an open checkbook: I'm dangerous.

Hi, I'm another bead fiend
Love your pieces!

Other things I can't seem to stop buying are:

handbags

shoes

jewellery (despite the fact that I make the stuff myself too )

#107274 - 04/29/07 01:20 AM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: ShirleyValentine]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I have to say I loved the movie "Shirley Valentine." This is the first time I've seen your name. Hi!
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#107275 - 05/01/07 09:25 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: Anno]
Elsielc Offline

Loc: Orange County, CA
I'm RETIRED!! I can't afford senseless spending obsessions....except for:
BOOKS - I'll NEVER get to read all that I have, but just having them makes me feel smarter....
PURSES....I can only carry one at a time...maybe. Just like lipsticks - one to match every outfit...even sweats... I filled up 14 banker's boxes this weekend while organizing a closet...
COSMETICS - especially samples sizes. I;m an Avon lady and after 22 years I have closets full..love to play and dabble. Something has gotta work sometime!!!
All this has been complicated by working at a Thrift Store and Used Book store! Egads! Temptation everywhere...cheap prices...new things. HELP!!

#107276 - 05/05/07 11:05 AM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: Elsielc]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Jewelry! Jewelry! And more jewelry! I make beaded jewelry as well, but I'm more into cut stones so that's what I buy. I love Swarovski crystal. I just love things that sparkle. I also seem to have a thing for pocketbooks and tote bags. I have a lot of books, but when the pile gets too big, I donate some. I buy a lot of shoes and then only wear my "favorite" pair. Oh, and clothes. Love to buy clothes. But, I don't think of jewelry as senseless spending.

#107277 - 05/05/07 12:54 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: Louisa]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I love perfume and perfume bottles. When they are empty, I have a hard time throwing away a pretty bottle.

#107278 - 05/05/07 06:57 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: Edelweiss]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I know what you mean, Hannelore. What on earth are we going to do with the an empty bottle someone might ask? doesn't matter, does it? If I get jewelry in a pretty box, I can't throw that away either.

#107279 - 05/08/07 10:11 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: Louisa]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I'm really bad and have splurges where I'll spend spend spend and then come back to my senses and go "oh my God, what did I just do?"

I spend on clothes. For me, for my husband and for my grandson.

I spend on books. I can't buy just one book. I have to by lots of books. Right now my To be Read pile stands at 16 books. Will that stop me from buying more if one catches my eye. Not!

I also spend on my dog and bird. I love to find toys for my bird. He has such fun with them. And, he destroys them in the process, so have to find replacements.

Those are my obsessions. Oh, and I am OCD about having more than enough TP in the house. I store the extra large packages out in the garage. Same with Paper towels. I get that way with food sometimes too. It's not just to have 1 of something, but 2 of something, so when I run out I can have a back up immediately and not have to wait to go to the grocery store.

Yes, it's an obsession.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#107280 - 05/08/07 10:22 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
What do you mean an obsession! Running out of TP is a real problem, so we have to stock up when it's on sale. LOL We don't just have a toilet roll holder in the bathroom, we have a 'rack' that holds 4 rolls (8 if we double them up.) It comes from being poor and having to spend what little money we had on the necessities, like food, paper products were a luxury then. My SO is the same way, and we always buy extras when they're on sale.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved