The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#107281 - 05/08/07 11:06 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: yonuh]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Yonuh, your post made me laugh. My husband grew up very poor and always hungry. When we first met, I only ever kept a few groceries in the apartment, because I just didn't eat much in those days. So it was quite disconcerting when he kept buying LARGE quantities of EVERYTHING, from TP and dish soap to beans and pasta sauce! I had to finally give in and let him because it was such an obsession with him to have 'enough' food in the house.

When we were house-hunting in 2000, we walked into this one and simply because it had TWO pantries, we bought it right then and there. Both pantries are so overflowing with food that if we did have any kind of emergency situation, we'd be able to feed the entire neighbourhood for 2-3 weeks!

(That was how we negotiated the issue - my condition was that if there ever WAS an emergency, we wouldn't hoard it, we'd have to share it with our neighbours)

(Maya Angelou)

#107282 - 05/21/07 03:56 AM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: Elsielc]
MarshaPet Offline

Hey there, I am a Avon Lady too !!! There is always something new that I want to buy. With our discounts the price is right. I love buying skin care and jewelry.

#107283 - 05/21/07 06:34 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: Anno]
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Oh my god!!! I am so art supply addicted! I had my husband build a rustic armoire so I could house all my stuff, however I made one mistake, making it too deep so by the time I find what I want, I've found four other art things I wanted to work on. I've got clay, ceramic, air dry, plastic and paper; paints, I've got oil, acrylic, water; I've got chalk, pastels, oil pastels, ceramic paint, every kind of paper, jars full of brushes, scrapbook paper, home made paper, paper on rolls, paper from magazines. I've got brown paper sacks that I use to draw on, I've got paper, gourds, canvas, old windows, old wood, scissors, cutters, pasta rollers, cut outs, beads from every place I go, beads I can make......oh and don't even talk about fabric, TUBS and that is what I've kept after I've Freecycled lots, and sewing machines, count 'em, three........that's enough, any more and you'll all think I'm WAY scary.

Kate

"Life was not given just to be happy, but to matter. Let me walk in that today." ~Kate

www.dreamrkate.blogspot.com
http://www.DreamrKate.etsy.com/

#107284 - 05/25/07 03:26 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: DreamrKate]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Marshapet, welcome. I hope yoou'll stick around and let us get to know more about you.

Kate, I can hear your passion for your art projects. Can you post pictures? YOu need to meet my SIL!

#107285 - 05/25/07 07:03 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are..
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Helloooo Marshapet. Welcome to BWS.

#107286 - 05/27/07 10:34 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: chickadee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hi there MarshaPet, I buy Avon quite often. Use to sell it when I was a senior in highschool, door to door. Takes a real saleswoman to be successful now with all the competition out there, but its hard to beat the Avon guarantee and the quality is good too...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#107287 - 06/07/07 05:25 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You know I'm going to say shoes but honestly, I've been trying really hard to not buy any.

Books. I have five waiting to be read. All different genres.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#107288 - 06/08/07 02:55 AM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: Dianne]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dianne, I thought of you yesterday. I was BROWSING with no intention of buying anything. I was FORCED to go down the shoe aisle because other customers and employees were blocking every other aisle (that's the truth). To avoid temptation, I deliberately chose the aisle with shoes two sizes smaller than my feet. BUT, this pair of sandals literally jumped out at me. Now, I'm not normally a shoe-impulse buyer, but these were gorgeous. Perfect fit, and perfect for traveling - light, dressy, go with everything. So I didn't even hesitate, threw them in the basket - and loved that I just did it without talking myself out of buying them. That's partly your influence on me - a GOOD influence, because I rarely allow such extravagant spending on myself - but it felt good, and the shoes look wonderful, and so I thank you for sharing your shoe-thing here, because I like the difference you've made in my life.

(Maya Angelou)

#107289 - 06/08/07 04:13 AM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: DreamrKate]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:

Oh my god!!! I am so art supply addicted!

Kate, me also. Whenever I visit Toronto (I used to live there), I seem to buy a stack of art supplies, because there's more choice and competitive prices compared..to Vancouver. Wierd since there are alot of artists living on the west coast.

I feel guilty...juicy hunks of oil paints, block paints, ...waiting to be used.

#107290 - 06/08/07 02:57 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: orchid]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Oh goody, I've turned Eagle into a shoe lover. It doesn't get much better than that!!!! Any other takers?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved