The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#107261 - 02/11/07 10:55 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: Anno]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
ewwww, orchid, I'd love to live in a forest! on or near a mountain range! where there are stunning seasonal changes! where the weather is fair and neutral! where I can hear the sound of water and visit when I please! I'm there now in my head!

I hate when I buy something that fits perfectly, wear it OUT, and can't find a replacement! CSQ, if you like samples check this site: http://www.everydayminerals.com/ On the products page, look for free sample kit - yep, free... +shipping and handling, of which mine was only $3.45. I wish I had ordered one of their brushes, when I ordered my sample kit, but I didn't... hohum.

Books, did I hear books... ?

#107262 - 02/11/07 11:16 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: gims]
gims Offline

That should have read: everyday minerals custom mineral makeup kits - for those who are interested, it is the first title under the pic on the right side of the home page.
Or, try this link: http://www.everydayminerals.com/g?t=kits
look for:
Free Sample Makeup Kit
$0.00

#107263 - 02/12/07 01:56 AM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: gims]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
When I was sewing lots..I used to buy reams of beautiful fabric. A quality fabric store was where I spent happy time, rhapsodizing over texture, colour and imagining stuff I could make.

So ended up all sorts of fabric lengths..some of which I gave away to family and friends.

Gimster, you need to plan for vacation home elsewhere with mtns., etc.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/britishcolumbia/pool/page2/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/livingwilderness/335303958/in/pool-britishcolumbia/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/golden009/369351508/in/pool-britishcolumbia/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidfaulkner/383194507/

#107264 - 02/12/07 03:42 AM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: orchid]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I watched the above sites as slideshows. Stunningly beautiful pics.
I don't spend money like I used to. When I go to Alabama, I buy my Jeans, maybe 4 - 6 prs at Maurices because they are the ONLY brand that fits me perfectly.
I am a coat fanatic and I rarely get to wear them so I guess that would be my senseless spending item. I buy most on sale though, and my daughter usually picks what she needs when she visits. Come to think of it, she's the reason I need more Maurices jeans. We are the same size.

chick

#107265 - 02/12/07 09:30 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: chickadee]
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Dishes...go figure!
I have 2 full sets of good china (one heirloom Limoges from my grandmother) 5 sets of various colored chargers...silver, gold, red, copper, turquoise; 2 sets of Christmas (one Spoke); 2 sets of outdoor dishes, 5 sets of everyday...plain green, plain white, southwestern, Mexican tile and Tuscan. I don't cook much, either, but when I entertain, things sure do look purty!!! hahaha

http://www.thefellowshipofthedevastated.com

www.arivaevents.com

#107266 - 02/12/07 09:48 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: WizardofZA]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is so interesting. Anno, if you want to spend money on skin care that works, get Arbonne from Danita and hand care from starting over. That's my vote.

I am not a spend thrift. I really don't have anything other than books that I love to buy.

However, we spend lots of money on good food by either eating out or buying and entertaining at home. We also spend money on travel. We have taken our kids to many awesome beaches and we also do lots of little trips to fun places.

Wizard, I have a friend who also buys dishes and another who buys linens. Welcome back!

#107267 - 02/12/07 10:01 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: Anno]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I've been into buying Kitchen gadgets lately. Got a new blender and I'm looking for a new coffee pot.

And I went on a magazine splurge a couple months ago but got all the subscriptions at sale, or professional prices.

Books I do in spurts. I buy too many at once and then stop until I read them all. I've still got a couple to finish before I can buy more.

I don't buy enough clothes and am always sorry when we get invited somewhere at the last minute and I have nothing to wear. It drives my husband crazy. He's like, buy yourself some new clothes already! (I know I'm not normal in that area, am I?)

#107268 - 02/12/07 11:08 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: TVC15]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I haven't been spending a lot of time shopping or spending money lately. But one thing I'm constantly fighting off the urge to buy are kitchen things - especially tea towels - I mean, what's with this obsession with tea towels!!! I just can't understand that one. I'm ALWAYS drawn to tea towels, and have a very hard time resisting really pretty ones. I've had a life-long hatred of doing dishes (long cinderella-type story there) up until the past couple of years. And now I just can't get enough tea towels.

I also love to buy books, and am like TVC - I'll buy lots of them at once (mainly to take advantage of the free shipping), and then stop until I've read a few of them. I must have over 20 books here that I've bought in the last year and still haven't opened yet...but I WANT to. I'm bouncing between the two new Joseph Girzone books (Never Alone and Joshua) right now, but can't even finish a whole page these days.

I did buy myself a snazzy pair of black/grey jeans (with lots of embroidery down one leg) the other day. Original price was $50, got them for $15. Got them home, they looked so hot, hubby insisted I go back and buy another pair! Same colour (the only colour on the rack), but longer leg, in case the other ones shrink. That was fun, finding a pair that actually looked and felt good.

(Maya Angelou)

#107269 - 02/13/07 04:08 AM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: Eagle Heart]
gims Offline

Oh, orchid, I'd love to say, "I'm on my way right now!" What awesome pictures. And I WILL get to see the Aurora Borealis someday, in person! I will, I will!

#107270 - 02/13/07 07:57 AM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: gims]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Beads. Bet no one was surprised at that one I rationalize by telling myself it's for my business, but I know I overspend when I go to the wholesale show. Just walk down the aisles with an open checkbook: I'm dangerous.

Poet and essayist

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved