The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 168 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#107251 - 02/10/07 04:27 AM My senseless money spending obsessions are..
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
* quality art supplies in bulk. Like I do this whenever I visit Toronto. It's just insane...prices in on West coast for art supplies. Dunno why since there are alot of serious artists and art students here in Lotusland.

*books. Horrible. Before I relocated ..I sold/gave away 80 books. By now, they've been replaced with new ones. No, I don't use my public library much anymore...pathetic...and I'm a professional librarian by formal training and experience.

*cycling gear/clothing. I swoon over clothing that fits me. I have 3 bikes. Yes, I use both. 3rd one is a 2nd-hand clunker mountain bike, now reserved for guests. (Ok, look I do know some women who have 5 bikes).

*1 STarbuck's coffee nearly daily. I justify this because I rarely buy lunch.

*T-shirts. Have so many from places where I've visited. I mean I will NOT part my T-shirt that I got from the Arctic when I was in Nunavut territory in northern Canada.

*shoes. But not as bad as some women...and men.Believe it or not. I've known men who owned 15 pairs of shoes.

#107252 - 02/10/07 07:49 AM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: orchid]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Books - I'm book poor - currently have over 2000 titles in my personal library. I was ordering online there for a bit and was feeling really bad about it, not having my own income and all. Asked my husband to give me a book allowance, as one of my orders came to $80+. He did @ $40 month... heehee, then I found PBS!!! Culled my unwanted titles and got me some MORE, MORE, MORE books. Now, I need more bookshelves. The 7 we have just will not hold all of mine, plus his computer manuals.

Other than that, I have little to spend money on but my GRANDS (good thing, since I have no job). I've cut back on that, tho, as they have everything they need and have to earn pretty much whatever else they want.

Last big purchase for myself was my stock of 32 live oak trees. But, I went to a tree farm auction to get them, so it wasn't really that big of a purchase. A buy a plant or two, here and there, but nothing that breaks the bank.

#107253 - 02/10/07 09:14 AM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Coffee mugs. We got so many that we have mounted sideboards in our kitchen where they hang from. We have developed a cup drinking system. Every day another cup...takes care of the dusting. I love it. Each cup has a story behind it.

Gimster, 32 oak trees? Wow, you must own lots of land!
Orchid, I'm a Starbuck coffee fan too. Wish we could meet at one of them!

I think I own too many pairs of Jeans...I don't know why I buy more;… they all look alike.

Hubby has a golf ball feeble, and I'm beginning to develop that myself.

#107254 - 02/11/07 05:18 AM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: Edelweiss]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
I can never buy enough tees and tops.
Being in Hawaii, I have bought flops for my feet in every
color and pattern lol.
Love all kinds of magazines because I love fast reading.
I do buy alot of things for my grandkids : )

Hubby is always buying golf clubs.

#107255 - 02/11/07 05:30 AM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: diamond50]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
32 sounds like alot, but they were 10 gallon trees. We have all but 3 in the ground, ready to fertilize sometime next month. Not much land, but I was surprised at how hard it was to find places to plant that many. I put them all on the 4 acres we have homesteaded, lined the front fenceline and up the drive, and then planted a few here and there on our other property line. Hope they start filling out soon.

#107256 - 02/11/07 06:35 AM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: gims]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:

32 sounds like alot, but they were 10 gallon trees. We have all but 3 in the ground, ready to fertilize sometime next month.

Girl, we gonna find you in a forest!

#107257 - 02/11/07 01:31 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: orchid]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Purses. It's an obsession.

Jeans......guess I keep trying to find the perfect pair. And why does it seem that when I try on a pair and LOVE them in the fitting room, two weeks later I put them on to go somewhere and they don't seem to fit the same?!?

Crosstitch and craft supplies.....although I've slowed down a little bit when it comes to buying this stuff. Going thru a spell where I'm bound and determined to finish some of the projects in my "to do" box before I buy any more of this stuff! but I still give in now and then if I find something new that looks interesting or something that will just be the perfect gift for someone.

Make-up or moisturizer new product samples. Does anyone else love stuff in little sample sizes? I love trying new products and the sample sizes are great for this plus they come in so handy for traveling. Package it little and cute and I'll buy it!!

#107258 - 02/11/07 03:45 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Books and shoes. I can't bear to part with any of my books. We have books piled all over the house because I ran out of bookshelf space. I keep thinking that as soon as the house is finished I'll have more bookshelves. But the remodeling has been going on for a year and no end in sight. So I guess I'll just have to make more piles.

And I have the problem with shoes that Ann has with jeans. I go shoe shopping in the afternoon so it's not that my feet swell after I've bought shoes. But I have no problem getting rid of shoes - if I haven't worn them in a year, they go to the thrift store.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#107259 - 02/11/07 05:52 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: yonuh]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Oh gosh, I know I have a problem with books. I just can't seem to get enough. My bookshelves are over flowing and every available space has piles of books on them. My to be read pile is starting to topple over. I added 3 more books to it yesterday. I only go to B&N once a month, but with the Internet so handy I can hit B&N and Amazon any time I want.

I think I spend a lot of clothes too. I go in spurts. I won't buy for awhile, and then I'll go on a shopping spree and buy hundreds and hundreds of dollars in clothes. But, I go through them every year and what I don't wear anymore gets donated to charity. I do the same thing with my husband's clothes. I go on shopping sprees for him too.

Now that I have a new grandbaby, I can tell where my next shopping frenzy is going to start.

I'm not that hooked on shoes. Give me a good, supportive, steady walking shoe and I'm happy.

Never been all that into purses either. One serves me for everything. I do have one evening purse for the off chance I use it. (I think I've used it once in the last 3 or 4 years).
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#107260 - 02/11/07 07:24 PM Re: My senseless money spending obsessions are.. [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I have been trying hard to think of my shopping obsession, but I am really all over the place. I spend way too much money on skin care - none of it works - and hair care - ditto. I buy too many clothes, and like Vicki, I go in spurts.

I spend too much on hobby stuff, too - paint, paint brushes, plants for the garden, but then forget to do the hobby.

I buy way too many spices and herbs and then decide not to cook.

Books - I read in spurts, too. 10 books on a vacation and then nothing for months. Magazines I subscribe to and never read them.

I guess I spend lots of money senselessly and in many areas. Kinda scary.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved