The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#10575 - 09/24/04 03:23 PM Re: A lump
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Sher,
My prayers are with you that they find out whatever it is thats making you have these lumps.

I had a lump in my breast once (very scary) and was scheduled for a mamogram but as it turned out I was late that month and the doc said get a pregnancy test before you get any x-rays. My "lump" is now 14 and he started high school this year! As for the breast, it was cystic something and I just have to lay off the caffiene.

I hope yours turns out to be just as silly. They asked me about family history also and my Great Grandmother had breast cancer but they told me it was too far back, they only worry when it is your Mother or sister (that generation)

Best wishes!

#10576 - 09/24/04 03:55 PM Re: A lump
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
TVC, I have the same fibrous cystic disease. I need to lay off the caffeine too. Vitamin E is also good for you. It keeps the lumps from growing.

Is your son's name Lumpy?

Sher, phew...the big C word seems to be out of the picture. I hope they come up with something soon. Living in limbo isn't wasy.

Try celebrating the good new thus far and before oyu know it you'll get to the bottom of this.

You remain in our hearts!

#10577 - 09/24/04 04:21 PM Re: A lump
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Dots, Thanks, I didn't know about the vitamin E.
And no, his name is Vincent! LOL

#10578 - 09/26/04 12:45 PM Re: A lump
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have to agree with JJ except for the spelling of the word bedside....I would want to know and then be able to deal with it one way or another. I am the worlds biggest sissy and I know it, strong fo everyone around med but not for myself. These dam dumb doctors today should get slapped everytime they say something stupid. I did slap one once, felt really good too... [Wink]

#10579 - 09/26/04 06:37 PM Re: A lump
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Chatty, you are too mcuh. You slapped a doctor? [Eek!]

Were you dating him? Don't leave us hanging like that.

#10580 - 09/29/04 10:05 PM Re: A lump
Swimmom Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
For such a serious topic, this post turned out to be very funny. (a boy named Lumpy,etc.) I couldn't read fast enough to find out the outcome of Sher's tests. I'm so glad things are looking good. Sher,you really should complain about the doctor and the technician who mentioned cancer.
As we all know,many lumps, cysts, etc. may turn out to be cancerous and many don't. A doctor, technician, etc. should never say anything unless they are sure. Obviously you were worried to begin with and you didn't need anyone saying the "C" word. You should spread the name of the doctor, technician and place where the sonogram was done so people can boycott them. Best of luck with all your future tests.

#10581 - 09/30/04 02:44 PM Re: A lump
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Nope Dotsie no self respecting woman would date this toad....I lost my first husband to nose cancer which was a horrible horrible way to die and after several agonizing tests we were in this Doctors office and he walks in and sits on the edge of his desk and blurts out, Mr Marencik you have inoperatable cancer of the septum and all througout your nasal cavaties and you have six weeks to live at best. Then he sighed as though bored and looked away. I don't remember anything but the look of horror and shock on my Eddies face. I stood up and rolled up my fist and punched this creep right in the face knocking him off the edge of the desk. He got up and ran out of there and another doctor came in to comfort my husband and me. He apologized for his partners insensitivity. Like I said "it felt good." Had a really black and blue hand for awhile but every time Ed thought about it he'd just laugh and laugh....

#10582 - 09/30/04 06:24 PM Re: A lump
Dotsie Offline
Founder

What? You really punched a doctor and got away with it? [Eek!]

I'm not saying he didn't deserve it. If that's how he practiced, I'm surprised he ahd any patients. Gald the other doctor was there to comfort you in the midst of such agonizing news. I know from your posts how much you adored Eddie. I'm sorry. [Wink]

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved