The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#10525 - 09/07/04 11:28 PM A lump
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
I have a yucky lump on my thyroid and another one in my neck. They have begun tests to determine what the deal is. I'm a little freaked, but hoping it's just a thyroid problem and nothing that can't be fixed easily. I go tomorrow to have a sonogram.

Anyone else had problems similar to this? I'd love to hear about it.

#10526 - 09/08/04 12:11 AM Re: A lump
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Haven't had that problem, but you can bet we will all be there with you tomorrow kiddo. Honest injun.

Sending good thoughts to you,

JJ

#10527 - 09/08/04 01:03 AM Re: A lump
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Will be there in prayer with you. Let us know how you are tomorrow.
Maggie

#10528 - 09/08/04 01:33 AM Re: A lump
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have so many little hard lumps on my body, all over the place and some fleshy ones too. They are supposedly fatty tumors of no consequence but scary just the same....Best regards and prayers...

#10529 - 09/08/04 04:53 AM Re: A lump
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I've had such lumps in my neck. They were cysts. One I had removed. Another just went away on its own. I'll pray that it'll be nothing serious for you too.

#10530 - 09/08/04 02:38 PM Re: A lump
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Sher,
We are with you today girl. Please keep us informed. Our love surrounds you.

Circle of prayer girls. Sher needs us, k?

JJ

#10531 - 09/08/04 03:20 PM Re: A lump
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Adding my prayers too! Please keep us posted and be positive!

A big hug. [Smile]

#10532 - 09/08/04 03:23 PM Re: A lump
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Adding my prayers to the group!

#10533 - 09/08/04 05:48 PM Re: A lump
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Count me in. Please keep us posted...

#10534 - 09/09/04 07:48 AM Re: A lump
Sher Offline

Thank you ladies.

I had a sonogram this morning. During the prodecure the technician asked me if I had cancer anywhere in my body that I was aware of.

That word that we all think about when we hear "lump" just hung there. I thought I'd be sick and I tried so hard not to cry until I could get outside to my car.

I'm embarassed that I am so upset over this and I am trying not to think about it. But, that's nearly impossible. Since she said that word, I can't think of anything else.

I'm scared. I don't want to be sick. I know that in this life, people get sick and die. That's the nature of the beast. I guess I just don't want to be one of them. I want to be somehow different.

I won't know anyting until after the weekend, so this is going to be torture. I'm hoping it will be something silly and simple and I'll come back here to tell you what a goof I was for worrying.

If you pray for me, just ask God to send me strength to face the waiting and whatever the outcome with grace so that I won't upset my family.

I'm really glad I can come here. I'm thankful for each of you.

#10535 - 09/08/04 08:27 PM Re: A lump
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

well now hon...if it's any comfort at all, please know that I've had "lumps" removed and biosped from my breast, k? I just didn't want to go back and relive the experience. It was very scary, and one of the things they asked was whether anyone in my family had the big C. At the time, the answer was no. But in MY mind, I was surely going to be the first to have it. I just knew I was doomed. I had to wait the whole weekend for the results and it was all fine.

But during that weekend, I managed to consume enough food to feed small countries...if they could live off chocolate and Oreo's, that is.

So what I'm saying is it all turned out fine, they were benin...well, except one. It was cancerous. They removed it, and I'm fine. I mean that was over 5 years ago and look at me now!!!! I look like a basketball with teeth! I'm fine...I'm fluffy! I'm healthy....so take heart honey child...you are gonna be around to write that perfect funny novel...k?

Now you can choose to spend you every waking hour worrying (which is what I did) orrrrrrr....you can maybe do this...focus on someone else that needs your help and go help them. It will lighten the load, guaranteed...

sending tons of love your way, JJ

#10536 - 09/08/04 09:10 PM Re: A lump
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Why do Dr's perform tests and then you have to wait through a weekend to know the results?

I had vaginal bleeding unusual since I hadn't had a period in 5 years, when I went to the gyno the first thing his nurse said, well this usually means cancer, but you can handle it. I had the same thing 20 years ago and I am fine. Well that was a reassurance.

When the DR came in, he said "well, this is probably cancerous but won't know until tests re run and come back" I went away from there in tears and so stressed!! I stewed and worried and cried all weekend, then the results came in (on Tuesday) and there was absolutely nothing wrong! Put me on hormones for 3 months and have had no problems since! Hang in there, my prayers are with you also, praying that your news comes back good as well.

Love,
Sherri

#10537 - 09/09/04 01:05 AM Re: A lump
Sher Offline

Sherri, how awful! How is it that sometimes the medical professionals can be so ignorant of our human feelings???

Naturally I had already answered all the cancer questions about my family. I guess what threw me so much was that she asked it about half way through the procedure and then as sort of an off the cuff remark... not part of any sort of history taking. To have someone looking at your insides and then asking out of the blue whether you have cancer just knocked the wind out of my sails.

JJ, I plan on eating my weight in pudding. [Wink] When in doubt, eat something chocolate. If we could just get the world leaders to sit down over a big plate of chocolate gravy and biscuits, everything would be so peaceful. And, it is a good idea to get off my pity pot and help someone else.

And besides, I had a lump removed from my breast years ago and it was okey-dokey. I'm just being dramatic today. After all, inside this southern-fried chick's body beats the heart of a true soap opera star.

Love to all...

#10538 - 09/09/04 08:44 AM Re: A lump
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
Sorry to hear about your experience at the doctor's office. I will be praying for you!! Waiting is so nerve wracking!!! Argh!!!

When my mother-in-law had her stroke last November, Dr. Gloom and Doom said some of the most negative, depressing things. The physician's assistant was so much better. But, the point is, (and I quote Thumper's mom on this) "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

If you are going to eat pudding, can it be chocolate and can it be the cooked kind and can you eat the skin off the top, wait, let it form again, and then eat the skin of the top again, wait, form, eat, wait form, eat. Can you tell I am on a loooooowwwwwww carb diet. Chocolate pudding......deep sigh!!

#10539 - 09/09/04 02:22 PM Re: A lump
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I'm sitting here pondering....(hear the ponder?) I'm wondering if it were me, would I want to know? or not? I think I would. Give it to me straight I think. Then I can make an intelligent decision based on what the doc tells me. At least I think that is my thinking. But also, I wish the doc would take a class in beside manners.

Now on the other hand, don't tell me stuff over the phone. Puleaseeee! Face to face. Well, this is just one woman's opinion. Girls?

JJ

#10540 - 09/09/04 03:37 PM Re: A lump
Songbird Offline

[Frown] Some health professionals aren't so professional at all. They shouldn't be giving out Dx's without results in their hands... it just causes unneeded anxiety [Confused] !!!!

Sher, we're wishing the best for you... Praying you get the strength and sanity needed while you wait, and hoping it's all a false alarm. [Smile]

#10541 - 09/09/04 08:21 PM Re: A lump
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I'll take it however they want to give it to me. I don't care if it's over the phone or in person...as long as it's done gently.

Sher, I hope your doctors handle you with grace! It makes all the difference in the world.

#10542 - 09/12/04 04:33 AM Re: A lump
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Sounds like we could/should write a book on "Doctor's say the Dumbest Things." [Mad] What a STUPID thing to say to a patient - "This is usually cancerous." Let me tell you, if a healthcare "professional" said something to me as dumb as "You can handle it," in the same paragraph with cancer, she wouldn't have been able to handle me. That is rude, inconsiderate, and totally unprofessional. [Mad]

It is not uncommon for them to ask if you have cancer in your family history. That is just a routine question. He could have been a little more tactful in how he put it. Like, he could have mentioned that it is just a routine question they ask everyone.

Waiting for test results is always worrisome, no matter what. Good luck.
Louisa

#10543 - 09/12/04 06:11 PM Re: A lump
Sher Offline

I'm hanging in there, chicks. I'm spending my weekend watching funny movies, eating ice cream and dreaming of ways to get rich quick. (Not to mention dreaming of Michael Keaton...the single best Bat Man ever to fling on a cape.)

I've decided that this whole little incident should be something I allow to smack me right between the eyes. I need to stop for a moment, look at my life and change some things. I guess the "c" word is as good a reason as any to do that.

If you had any idea how much time I spend worrying, you'd never believe it. I worry about money, about world events, about what other people think of me. It's crazy. I need to find a way to let it all go and breathe free without indulging the feeling that at any moment the other shoe is going to drop. Life is short. We say that all the time, but do we really hear it?

And by the way, I have no idea what the other shoe dropping even means.

'Splain it!

#10544 - 09/12/04 06:58 PM Re: A lump
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Couldn't agree more....and just why weren't the shoes on the feet anyway? They were dropping from??? Never did get that one.

Oh you think you got problems? Yesterday while going thru a drive-in BBQ place (and reading while in line) I thought she said "so make that 1/2 of baked beans?" to which I said "uh huh." Got home...1/2 Gallon. 1/2 GALLON OF BAKED BEANS! THEY DON'T MAKE THAT MUCH AIR FRESHNER...Want to come over here for a visit? Didn't think so.

I was a born worrier myself back a few years ago. I worried if the stamp on the envelop I received was pasted on there crooked. Did this mean that the sender was having a bad day when they pasted it? Did I somehow contribute to this? Was I doomed? Yes, I borrowed things to worry about if my life was going smoothly...

...then Daddy got sick, Mamma got sick, and the then current love-of-my-life show a side of his personality that led to my dropping the other shoe on him and subsequently, my entire world went under. I survived it and gained a new perspective from it, and now...I leave the worry part to God mostly.

Oh I still worry bout some things from time to time...but when I do, I ask myself this, "What's the worse thing that can happen?" Usually, it's nothing life threatening, so? What's the prob? This soothes my trouble soul...I hope writing this does yours. Sometimes it helps to know you are not alone.

So...want some beans? Anybody?

[Big Grin] JJ

#10545 - 09/12/04 10:33 PM Re: A lump
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks but no thanks on the beans.

Worry...I think I learned to worry as a child. Looking back. I've come to the conclusion that Mom was a worry wart.

My kids may very well say the same thing about me.

How do we differentiate between worry and awakening children to consequences of their actions?

My biggest worry is the safety of my loved ones.

I have to share that the deeper my faith grows, the absolute less I worry.

The study I did a Summer ago taught me that worry is a sin. It's a waste of time. It gets us nowhere.

If you're interested, a great book to read is Calm My Anxious Heart. Linda Dillow addresses why women worry and why we need to stop. It robs us of our joy.

Worry about nothing.
Pray about everything.

Easier said than done, but the more we practice, the better we get.

Instead of dithering... simply talk to God about your concerns and He will comfort your anxious heart.

I try to replace worry for my loved ones with a simple prayer:

Lord, wrap your loving arms around my loved ones and protect them. Give me the strength to face each day.

Their protection from their Father and His grace for my strength covers everything.

Hope this helps.

#10546 - 09/14/04 01:48 AM Re: A lump
Sher Offline

The doc called.

She said that it is a very good sign that the radiologist did not use the word "suspicious" when describing what the heck is in my neck.

I asked if that meant we could rule out cancer now and she said no. More tests are involved before we can do that.

I go tomorrow to swallow some sort of radioactive pill and then the next day for thyroid scan. I can't be around kids for forty-eight hours so I have to stay home from work and from my son.

After that comes an appointment with an ENT and likely a fine needle biopsy. Doesn't that sound like a hoot?

I love you all for thinking of me and for all your encouragment. I'm completely fine and I know that soon this will all get figured out and I'll feel silly for ever worrying at all.

#10547 - 09/14/04 04:51 PM Re: A lump
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Sher, my thoughts and prayers are with you today.

Since you can't be around your son, or at work...I'm picturing you languishing in a hotel reading books and watching movies with a magical glow from the radioactive pill you swallowed!

Continue to keep us posted. I'm sure you have mixed emotions about all this...and rightly so! [Wink]

#10548 - 09/14/04 06:40 PM Re: A lump
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Sher, my sis did the radioactive pill thing and she's fine. It was thyroid problems. I say she's fine...a little nutty, but she's okay medically...

JJ

#10549 - 09/14/04 10:25 PM Re: A lump
Sher Offline

Thanks, kids.

Actually, I'm just chilling.... glowing in the dark. I can hear a slight hum when I cross my legs and the garage door opens every time I get near it, but that's ok. [Big Grin]

#10550 - 09/15/04 04:43 PM Re: A lump
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yowza! [Eek!] When will you have all this behind you?

#10551 - 09/15/04 06:05 PM Re: A lump
Songbird Offline

Friend, Please remember we're praying for you. Keep us posted!

#10552 - 09/16/04 04:43 PM Re: A lump
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Sher,

Haven't had this kind of problem but I do have skin concerns--small growths-- that have to be checked out several times a year.

I will pray that this turns out alright for you. Like you, I find it hard dealing with Drs and hospitals!

Best wishes and prays I send to you....

#10553 - 09/17/04 02:46 AM Re: A lump
Sher Offline

Well, I have swallowed radioactive material and lived to tell about it. Just one more thing to add to my list of accomplishments. [Wink]

It's all going to be ok. I know it now. I just had to process all the feelings and fear and woe as me stuff. I'm good now.

This is going to be a long process, so I'm done thinking about it. Fiddle-dee-dee... I'll think about that tomorrow.

Name that famous movie line!

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

#10554 - 09/17/04 03:40 AM Re: A lump
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'll sure pray for you too. Isn't it horrible at night? I usually have myself dead and buried when I'm having a lump or something checked. I did have to have a lump in my breast biopsied..is that how you spell it? Doesn't look right. Anyway, I had a wonderful doctor in Denver and you have a radio scan one day, go see him the next day and he allows two hours for every patient just in case there is minor surgery, etc. that has to be done. Finally, a doctor who understands how stressful it can be when you think you might possibly have the big C.

Wishing you the very best.

[ September 16, 2004, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Dianne ]

#10555 - 09/17/04 09:32 AM Re: A lump
lalapaloosa Offline

Thank you for keeping us posted on what's happening, Scarlet, I mean Sher.
Saying a prayer right now! Hugs.
Lala

#10556 - 09/17/04 02:28 PM Re: A lump
Sher Offline

Thanks for your thoughts, ladies.

Lala, you win the big trivia prize!!! A great big old 'atagirl'! [Razz]

If I had my way, there would be an all Gone With The Wind channel. All Gone With THe Wind, all the time.

Even after all these years, I keep hoping Scarlet will recognize how much she loves Rhett and he won't walk off into the fog.

#10557 - 09/17/04 03:11 PM Re: A lump
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

FINALLY! Someone who understands the value of GWTW! It has helped me thru every stressful situation I've ever encountered! I understand watching it to see if he will come back. I do it every time. And who's to say he won't? Am I right?

I've watched it more times than I can count. When ever it's on, I stopped whatever I'm doing and watch it again. It's a law. You're suppose to.

Have you seen the sequel? I didn't think I would like it, but it is great! Read the book too. Loved it.

JJ

#10558 - 09/17/04 05:20 PM Re: A lump
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Don't yell at scream at me, but I've never seen it.

I remember a houseload of teens watching it with Mom, but I couldn't be bothered. I was talking (imagine that) through it and not paying attention. Not a good movie watcher, but I'm getting better in my old age.

#10559 - 09/17/04 06:16 PM Re: A lump
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Sher,
Think she communist?

JJ

#10560 - 09/17/04 08:39 PM Re: A lump
lalapaloosa Offline

Frankly I don't give a damn for that movie. [Big Grin] I would get so annoyed with Scarlet for her behavior that I couldn't sit and enjoy it. Of course, I watched it eons ago. I did like the dresses, though. And Vivian Leigh was so pretty. Now, give me a good dose of "Princess Bride" or better yet, "Ishtar". We are big time Ishtar fans. We laugh and laugh at that stupid movie!!! We have many of the lines and songs memorized. Periodically we will have an Ishtar movie night. Haven't had one in quite a while. Fortunately for Jenni her husband, Jim, is an Ishtar lover as well. So, it works out. One night he said "This feels like an Ishtar kinda night". hahaahha Peter's wife, Liza, on the other hand just rolls her eyes and groans. We have indoctrinated many a young mind with Ishtar. LOL So, sorry ladies, no GWTW for me. I guess you will just have to color me RED!!!! [Razz]

#10561 - 09/17/04 08:48 PM Re: A lump
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

What's Ishtar? I don't know what color to make me cause I don't know what it is...

???

JJ

#10562 - 09/17/04 10:17 PM Re: A lump
lalapaloosa Offline

Iffen you were gonna put Dotsie in the communist category for not watching GWTW, I thought you might put me in the communist category, hence the color red!!
Ishtar is a movie made in the early 1980's with Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty. It was listed as one of the biggest bombs of the century. But, we watched it before we knew it was supposed to be a bomb and loved it. We lured many unsuspecting victims into "Ishtarland" and gotten them hooked on the movie. I doubt you would be able to find a copy to rent it was dogged so badly.

#10563 - 09/17/04 10:24 PM Re: A lump
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

now you have me curious....what was the plot? Do tell!

Once my Mother told me to rent this movie as it was the best comic she'd ever seen. I couldn't wait to get it and drove all over time looking for it. I finally found it, rented it, started watching it and thoughts sure she had played a trick on me. It is undoubtedly THE WORST movie I have ever seen, even worse than a Woody Allen movie. It's called "The Gods They Must Be Angry" or something like that. I called her and said "boy, you really got me this time..ha ha..." She replied, "what are you talking about?" SHE REALLY DID LOVE THAT MOVIE! It just shows to go you that everybody's different, eh?

JJ

#10564 - 09/17/04 11:08 PM Re: A lump
lalapaloosa Offline

JJ, Don't try even try to find Ishtar cuz if you didn't like the "Gods Must Be Crazy", you aren't going to like Ishtar. The GMBC was soooo funny. I just borrowed it from a friend recently and watched it again. I really like "What About Bob" did you see that?
Boy did we take a left turn somewhere in this post!!! Lumps to movies...go figure!

#10565 - 09/17/04 11:33 PM Re: A lump
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I LOVED What About Bob...yep! One funny show. Course you know...I loved SHREK and have watched it a bazillion times. I love the adult humor combined with the cartoons...you?

JJ

#10566 - 09/18/04 12:55 AM Re: A lump
lalapaloosa Offline

Reaaaaallly liked Shrek and Finding Nemo. I haven't seen Shrek 2. Merwyn loved Shrek.

#10567 - 09/18/04 01:14 AM Re: A lump
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I know that Woody Allen is a pervert and child molester but I love his movie, Alice, with Mia Farrow. Very, very fictional but I love her and this movie just cracks me up. I must have seen it 15 times and never get tired of it.

My word, what happened to the original topic of this thread?

#10568 - 09/18/04 02:30 AM Re: A lump
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Oh LaLa....if you get the chance, go see Shrek2!!!!!! You are going to love it if you like Shrek....it seems the sequel to movies is never as good as the first one but in this case it is. I was laughing so hard my girlfriend said, "would you hush!" hahahah....Lord, it was funny. I am on the waiting list for the sequel and have paid for it. Can't wait!

JJ

#10569 - 09/18/04 03:12 AM Re: A lump
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I must have missed something. How did this go from 'a lump' to a movie review? Oh well, it happens.

I thought GWTW was wonderful.

Here in the Southwest though, our favorite author is Larry McMurtry who wrote dozens of movies including "Terms of Endearment" which is kind of our own GWTW.
Every time I watch it I begin to cry then I call my daughter who is always already watching it too. She knows why I'm calling and she's crying too. She will blubber into the phone. "Yes, I'm watching it Mom. I'm watching it." Then we both hang up and go back for a good cry." Great movie.
smile

#10570 - 09/18/04 04:02 PM Re: A lump
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Sher - when I first saw the word "lump" I hoped it was a man. Still am, actually.

Thoughts and prayers, kiddo. You're in my/our thoughts and prayers.

#10571 - 09/19/04 02:51 AM Re: A lump
Sher Offline

That's so funny..... a man. LOL!

Well, if your analogy is correct, I've had a lot of pretty nasty lumps in my lifetime and managed to survive them all!

#10572 - 09/23/04 08:31 PM Re: A lump
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Sher, what's going on with the lumps? Any news you can share?

#10573 - 09/23/04 11:49 PM Re: A lump
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I'm with Ms D, Sher...zup?

JJ

#10574 - 09/24/04 02:36 PM Re: A lump
Sher Offline

Doc said Wednesday that there were no cold spots in my scan, which typically would cause concern for cancer. He told me that's really good news.

However, he said something is going on with me and he intends to find out. I have several more things scheduled in the next two weeks and then I go to the specialist on November 1. I'm actually happy that we're doing all these tests so that I will feel better when it's all said and done.

So, while he can't be positive cancer is out of the question at this point, it does look very, very good that we are not dealing with something life threatening. [Smile]

Thanks for all your thoughts, concerns and prayers. I am very appreciative.

#10575 - 09/24/04 03:23 PM Re: A lump
TVC15 Offline

Sher,
My prayers are with you that they find out whatever it is thats making you have these lumps.

I had a lump in my breast once (very scary) and was scheduled for a mamogram but as it turned out I was late that month and the doc said get a pregnancy test before you get any x-rays. My "lump" is now 14 and he started high school this year! As for the breast, it was cystic something and I just have to lay off the caffiene.

I hope yours turns out to be just as silly. They asked me about family history also and my Great Grandmother had breast cancer but they told me it was too far back, they only worry when it is your Mother or sister (that generation)

Best wishes!

#10576 - 09/24/04 03:55 PM Re: A lump
Dotsie Offline
Founder

TVC, I have the same fibrous cystic disease. I need to lay off the caffeine too. Vitamin E is also good for you. It keeps the lumps from growing.

Is your son's name Lumpy?

Sher, phew...the big C word seems to be out of the picture. I hope they come up with something soon. Living in limbo isn't wasy.

Try celebrating the good new thus far and before oyu know it you'll get to the bottom of this.

You remain in our hearts!

#10577 - 09/24/04 04:21 PM Re: A lump
TVC15 Offline

Dots, Thanks, I didn't know about the vitamin E.
And no, his name is Vincent! LOL

#10578 - 09/26/04 12:45 PM Re: A lump
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I have to agree with JJ except for the spelling of the word bedside....I would want to know and then be able to deal with it one way or another. I am the worlds biggest sissy and I know it, strong fo everyone around med but not for myself. These dam dumb doctors today should get slapped everytime they say something stupid. I did slap one once, felt really good too... [Wink]

#10579 - 09/26/04 06:37 PM Re: A lump
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Chatty, you are too mcuh. You slapped a doctor? [Eek!]

Were you dating him? Don't leave us hanging like that.

#10580 - 09/29/04 10:05 PM Re: A lump
Swimmom Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
For such a serious topic, this post turned out to be very funny. (a boy named Lumpy,etc.) I couldn't read fast enough to find out the outcome of Sher's tests. I'm so glad things are looking good. Sher,you really should complain about the doctor and the technician who mentioned cancer.
As we all know,many lumps, cysts, etc. may turn out to be cancerous and many don't. A doctor, technician, etc. should never say anything unless they are sure. Obviously you were worried to begin with and you didn't need anyone saying the "C" word. You should spread the name of the doctor, technician and place where the sonogram was done so people can boycott them. Best of luck with all your future tests.

#10581 - 09/30/04 02:44 PM Re: A lump
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Nope Dotsie no self respecting woman would date this toad....I lost my first husband to nose cancer which was a horrible horrible way to die and after several agonizing tests we were in this Doctors office and he walks in and sits on the edge of his desk and blurts out, Mr Marencik you have inoperatable cancer of the septum and all througout your nasal cavaties and you have six weeks to live at best. Then he sighed as though bored and looked away. I don't remember anything but the look of horror and shock on my Eddies face. I stood up and rolled up my fist and punched this creep right in the face knocking him off the edge of the desk. He got up and ran out of there and another doctor came in to comfort my husband and me. He apologized for his partners insensitivity. Like I said "it felt good." Had a really black and blue hand for awhile but every time Ed thought about it he'd just laugh and laugh....

#10582 - 09/30/04 06:24 PM Re: A lump
Dotsie Offline
Founder

What? You really punched a doctor and got away with it? [Eek!]

I'm not saying he didn't deserve it. If that's how he practiced, I'm surprised he ahd any patients. Gald the other doctor was there to comfort you in the midst of such agonizing news. I know from your posts how much you adored Eddie. I'm sorry. [Wink]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved