The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 158 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#10555 - 09/17/04 09:32 AM Re: A lump
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
Thank you for keeping us posted on what's happening, Scarlet, I mean Sher.
Saying a prayer right now! Hugs.
Lala

#10556 - 09/17/04 02:28 PM Re: A lump
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
Thanks for your thoughts, ladies.

Lala, you win the big trivia prize!!! A great big old 'atagirl'! [Razz]

If I had my way, there would be an all Gone With The Wind channel. All Gone With THe Wind, all the time.

Even after all these years, I keep hoping Scarlet will recognize how much she loves Rhett and he won't walk off into the fog.

#10557 - 09/17/04 03:11 PM Re: A lump
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
FINALLY! Someone who understands the value of GWTW! It has helped me thru every stressful situation I've ever encountered! I understand watching it to see if he will come back. I do it every time. And who's to say he won't? Am I right?

I've watched it more times than I can count. When ever it's on, I stopped whatever I'm doing and watch it again. It's a law. You're suppose to.

Have you seen the sequel? I didn't think I would like it, but it is great! Read the book too. Loved it.

JJ

#10558 - 09/17/04 05:20 PM Re: A lump
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Don't yell at scream at me, but I've never seen it.

I remember a houseload of teens watching it with Mom, but I couldn't be bothered. I was talking (imagine that) through it and not paying attention. Not a good movie watcher, but I'm getting better in my old age.

#10559 - 09/17/04 06:16 PM Re: A lump
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Sher,
Think she communist?

JJ

#10560 - 09/17/04 08:39 PM Re: A lump
lalapaloosa Offline

Frankly I don't give a damn for that movie. [Big Grin] I would get so annoyed with Scarlet for her behavior that I couldn't sit and enjoy it. Of course, I watched it eons ago. I did like the dresses, though. And Vivian Leigh was so pretty. Now, give me a good dose of "Princess Bride" or better yet, "Ishtar". We are big time Ishtar fans. We laugh and laugh at that stupid movie!!! We have many of the lines and songs memorized. Periodically we will have an Ishtar movie night. Haven't had one in quite a while. Fortunately for Jenni her husband, Jim, is an Ishtar lover as well. So, it works out. One night he said "This feels like an Ishtar kinda night". hahaahha Peter's wife, Liza, on the other hand just rolls her eyes and groans. We have indoctrinated many a young mind with Ishtar. LOL So, sorry ladies, no GWTW for me. I guess you will just have to color me RED!!!! [Razz]

#10561 - 09/17/04 08:48 PM Re: A lump
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

What's Ishtar? I don't know what color to make me cause I don't know what it is...

???

JJ

#10562 - 09/17/04 10:17 PM Re: A lump
lalapaloosa Offline

Iffen you were gonna put Dotsie in the communist category for not watching GWTW, I thought you might put me in the communist category, hence the color red!!
Ishtar is a movie made in the early 1980's with Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty. It was listed as one of the biggest bombs of the century. But, we watched it before we knew it was supposed to be a bomb and loved it. We lured many unsuspecting victims into "Ishtarland" and gotten them hooked on the movie. I doubt you would be able to find a copy to rent it was dogged so badly.

#10563 - 09/17/04 10:24 PM Re: A lump
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

now you have me curious....what was the plot? Do tell!

Once my Mother told me to rent this movie as it was the best comic she'd ever seen. I couldn't wait to get it and drove all over time looking for it. I finally found it, rented it, started watching it and thoughts sure she had played a trick on me. It is undoubtedly THE WORST movie I have ever seen, even worse than a Woody Allen movie. It's called "The Gods They Must Be Angry" or something like that. I called her and said "boy, you really got me this time..ha ha..." She replied, "what are you talking about?" SHE REALLY DID LOVE THAT MOVIE! It just shows to go you that everybody's different, eh?

JJ

#10564 - 09/17/04 11:08 PM Re: A lump
lalapaloosa Offline

JJ, Don't try even try to find Ishtar cuz if you didn't like the "Gods Must Be Crazy", you aren't going to like Ishtar. The GMBC was soooo funny. I just borrowed it from a friend recently and watched it again. I really like "What About Bob" did you see that?
Boy did we take a left turn somewhere in this post!!! Lumps to movies...go figure!

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved