The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 105 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#10545 - 09/12/04 10:33 PM Re: A lump
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks but no thanks on the beans.

Worry...I think I learned to worry as a child. Looking back. I've come to the conclusion that Mom was a worry wart.

My kids may very well say the same thing about me.

How do we differentiate between worry and awakening children to consequences of their actions?

My biggest worry is the safety of my loved ones.

I have to share that the deeper my faith grows, the absolute less I worry.

The study I did a Summer ago taught me that worry is a sin. It's a waste of time. It gets us nowhere.

If you're interested, a great book to read is Calm My Anxious Heart. Linda Dillow addresses why women worry and why we need to stop. It robs us of our joy.

Worry about nothing.
Pray about everything.

Easier said than done, but the more we practice, the better we get.

Instead of dithering... simply talk to God about your concerns and He will comfort your anxious heart.

I try to replace worry for my loved ones with a simple prayer:

Lord, wrap your loving arms around my loved ones and protect them. Give me the strength to face each day.

Their protection from their Father and His grace for my strength covers everything.

Hope this helps.

#10546 - 09/14/04 01:48 AM Re: A lump
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
The doc called.

She said that it is a very good sign that the radiologist did not use the word "suspicious" when describing what the heck is in my neck.

I asked if that meant we could rule out cancer now and she said no. More tests are involved before we can do that.

I go tomorrow to swallow some sort of radioactive pill and then the next day for thyroid scan. I can't be around kids for forty-eight hours so I have to stay home from work and from my son.

After that comes an appointment with an ENT and likely a fine needle biopsy. Doesn't that sound like a hoot?

I love you all for thinking of me and for all your encouragment. I'm completely fine and I know that soon this will all get figured out and I'll feel silly for ever worrying at all.

#10547 - 09/14/04 04:51 PM Re: A lump
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Sher, my thoughts and prayers are with you today.

Since you can't be around your son, or at work...I'm picturing you languishing in a hotel reading books and watching movies with a magical glow from the radioactive pill you swallowed!

Continue to keep us posted. I'm sure you have mixed emotions about all this...and rightly so! [Wink]

#10548 - 09/14/04 06:40 PM Re: A lump
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Sher, my sis did the radioactive pill thing and she's fine. It was thyroid problems. I say she's fine...a little nutty, but she's okay medically...

JJ

#10549 - 09/14/04 10:25 PM Re: A lump
Sher Offline

Thanks, kids.

Actually, I'm just chilling.... glowing in the dark. I can hear a slight hum when I cross my legs and the garage door opens every time I get near it, but that's ok. [Big Grin]

#10550 - 09/15/04 04:43 PM Re: A lump
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yowza! [Eek!] When will you have all this behind you?

#10551 - 09/15/04 06:05 PM Re: A lump
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Friend, Please remember we're praying for you. Keep us posted!

#10552 - 09/16/04 04:43 PM Re: A lump
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Sher,

Haven't had this kind of problem but I do have skin concerns--small growths-- that have to be checked out several times a year.

I will pray that this turns out alright for you. Like you, I find it hard dealing with Drs and hospitals!

Best wishes and prays I send to you....

#10553 - 09/17/04 02:46 AM Re: A lump
Sher Offline

Well, I have swallowed radioactive material and lived to tell about it. Just one more thing to add to my list of accomplishments. [Wink]

It's all going to be ok. I know it now. I just had to process all the feelings and fear and woe as me stuff. I'm good now.

This is going to be a long process, so I'm done thinking about it. Fiddle-dee-dee... I'll think about that tomorrow.

Name that famous movie line!

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

#10554 - 09/17/04 03:40 AM Re: A lump
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'll sure pray for you too. Isn't it horrible at night? I usually have myself dead and buried when I'm having a lump or something checked. I did have to have a lump in my breast biopsied..is that how you spell it? Doesn't look right. Anyway, I had a wonderful doctor in Denver and you have a radio scan one day, go see him the next day and he allows two hours for every patient just in case there is minor surgery, etc. that has to be done. Finally, a doctor who understands how stressful it can be when you think you might possibly have the big C.

Wishing you the very best.

[ September 16, 2004, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Dianne ]

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved