The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 114 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#10506 - 09/02/04 09:37 AM A mother's struggle
stephy Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Maria-The mother
Heather-The daughter
George-The father

Heather and her mother hardly spent any time together when she was little. Her mother was always at work and Heather was always at school. Heather was nine years old and her mother was 32. One day, Maria, Heathers mom decieded to take her to the park. When they got there Heather was playing and then she decided to climb a wooden pole with wood sticking out of all it's sides. Heather had barely made it to the top when her stomach started hurting, and she started crying. Her mother couldn't get her down so she said to try to climb down. After a couple of minutes Heather finally had enough strenght to get down. Her mother, not know what was going on took her home. After about an hour, she saw that heather wasn't getting any better she decided to take her to the doctors. The doctors just said it was a stomach virus. They just gave her medicine and said to take her home. When night came, Heather would wake up boiling hot and she'd be sweating and shaking. Finally, her mother took her to the doctors again. They told her that they couldn't help but to take heather to Childrens hospital. While Heather was analysed a nurse came up to her mother and said "we can't hospitalize your daughter unless we have 2, 500 dollars up front." Heather's mom couldn't belive what she was hearing but she got the money to hospitalize her. heather didn't know what was happening. heather feel asleep and the doctors said they'd be up later to tell her what was happening. Then, all Maria knew was about ten doctors came into her room and put tubes all over Heather. Heathers mother demanded to know what was happening. Finally they said that Heather had a hole in her epidermis and that she had to be operated or she would die. Heather's mother called Heather's father and said "George, Heather is really sick" He just hung up. Two days passed and her teacher, friend, and family members came to visit. Heather was starving but the doctors said that she wasn't allowed to eat for a week. Three days later, her father came to visit while Heather and her mother had fallen asleep. When he got there, Heather was bleeding and they had to call the doctors to stop it. On the forth day her teacher came to visit and she asked Heather's mother while Heather was asleep why the nurses and doctors had asked her if she beat Heather. This made Maria even more depressed. Not only was her daughter hospitalized, she was being accused of beating her own daughter. On the fifth day Heather went to go play with the other children, but she had to use a whell chair because she had lost motion in her legs, but the doctors put her throw theropy and then she could walk again. She was operated on the sixth day by a doctor who didn't belive in blood transfers. During the operation she lost no blood and it was great. Her mother was so happy and so was Heather.

#10507 - 09/02/04 05:15 PM Re: A mother's struggle
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Stephy
Is this a real story? Are these friends of yours? Please elaborate and thanks!

JJ

#10508 - 09/02/04 11:00 PM Re: A mother's struggle
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Stephy, like the queen...I want to know more. [Wink]

#10509 - 09/03/04 01:24 AM Re: A mother's struggle
stephy Offline

Actually, this story is real. It happened to me and my mom. You see, when I was born I was born with a hole in my epidermis and at the time the doctors didn't notice. It wasn't until I was 9 that they found out something was wrong.
P.S. When I was in the hospital I didn't eat for a week so after the oparation when I finally got food I was so happy!

#10510 - 09/03/04 03:33 AM Re: A mother's struggle
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Well bless your heart honey...how awful for you. And can we assume you are fine today? Now I can see why you are so close to your Mom. She is a very strong woman. She's also handed that strength to you too, eh?

I'm so glad you are with us Stephy...truly.

Hugs,

JJ

#10511 - 09/03/04 04:42 AM Re: A mother's struggle
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
Stephy,
What part of your epidermis had a hole in it?
Lala

#10512 - 09/03/04 04:59 AM Re: A mother's struggle
stephy Offline

Thanks everyone. Well, I don't know what part of my epidermis had the hole. I actually didn't know the whole story about what happened until a month ago when my mother was telling my cousin and me. Even then I still don't know the whole story. I actually have to go to the doctors in about 2 w/ks because they have to do an x-ray to make sure evrything is all right.

#10513 - 09/03/04 06:24 AM Re: A mother's struggle
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Stephy,
Help me out here. I've looked up epidermis and I can't seem to understand where it is in the body. I know epidermis is the skin, but I'm not clear as to what you are talking about...

JJ

#10514 - 09/03/04 07:47 AM Re: A mother's struggle
stephy Offline

Oh, well, the epidermis is a thin piece of skin that separates the stomach and heart. So it's right in between there.

#10515 - 09/03/04 10:15 AM Re: A mother's struggle
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
stephy,
I would like to understand better what was actually wrong with you. The epidermis is the outer layer of skin, honey. It doesn't separate the heart and stomach. Check with your mom to find out what was really wrong with you. You must have gotten mixed up. Maybe you had a whole in your heart, or stomach lining or something and misunderstood what she was saying.
Lala

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved