The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 91 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#103110 - 01/17/07 08:08 PM Re: Downsized? Regretted it? [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
The Basilica di Sant'Antonino, Hannelore? My ancestry is Andalusian but I just have a fondness for Italy and the Italians. Must be all the gesticulare they do when they speak And there's the Vatican, of course.

#103111 - 01/17/07 09:29 PM Re: Downsized? Regretted it? [Re: Lola]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
They have offered to move us to another flat. Same price range, etc. Plus, they have to pay for the moving and hook up of tv, etc. I don't look forward to another move however close but do look forward to some sleep again.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#103112 - 01/17/07 11:46 PM Re: Downsized? Regretted it? [Re: Dianne]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Strange that they can't figure out where the noise is coming from? Do you have any idea what it could be?

#103113 - 01/18/07 02:20 AM Re: Downsized? Regretted it? [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, make sure the next one you move to doesn't ahve the same noise. Are any of the other owners hearing it?

#103114 - 01/18/07 01:44 PM Re: Downsized? Regretted it?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Yes, others are hearing it as well. We are right under the penthouse that houses the boiler. That's what the noise is so everytime it kicks on, it blows us out of our flat, or so to speak. Just feels like it. They can't replace it until it gets warmer here or the entire building would be without heat.

I have to meet with their realtor and go look at what flats are available.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#103115 - 01/19/07 01:03 PM Re: Downsized? Regretted it? [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ah geez. What a pain. If they can fix it, can you hang in there until the spring? I'd hate to see you pick up and move, then have it disappear shortly after you've made the move.

#103116 - 01/19/07 01:40 PM Re: Downsized? Regretted it?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

No way. We haven't had a good nights sleep for so long not to mention having my days disrupted. You can't believe how loud it is. Starts like an explosion and then like a drum with boulders in it, moving across the top of the flat, wraps around and comes back in through the windows. It's actually scary at times.

We spent a pretty penny on the place not to mention, having our art work hung by a professional, installation of the flat screen, draperies, carpeting in the bedroom, shelving in closet, on and on. This was a model so all of the kitchen equipment is upgraded and they aren't in the other flats.

I looked at some yesterday and found a two bedroom on the second floor. Great view of the pond but the other view isn't that great. I don't know what we're going to do at this point. He tried to show me some on this floor and I told him I wanted as far away from that boiler as possible.

This is frustrating.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#103117 - 01/19/07 08:54 PM Re: Downsized? Regretted it? [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dianne didn't you say sometime back that David bought another flat near to the one your in? Why not move into that one? You shouldn't have to down grade just because of their lack of preparedness. You can't tell me they didn't know this thing made that horrendous noise....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#103118 - 01/19/07 09:42 PM Re: Downsized? Regretted it? [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Dianne
How about moving into a suite in a hotel and having them pay for that until your place is fixed?

#103119 - 01/19/07 10:07 PM Re: Downsized? Regretted it? [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Good suggestion Anno. Spring is just a few months away...let them pay for keeping this a secret.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved