The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#102432 - 03/11/07 04:09 AM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Sadie]
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Renee, you re-connected with a friend from childhood? That's great! I must say that this transition to real estate, which is a former profession of mine, has not been easy. The business has gotten so complicated, which is ok because that protects the public. What was once a 3 page contract is now 12 pages of legaleze. Another hard part is the technology. I had to buy a lap top PC compatible with the office network, a handy dandy super fancy cell phone, and a calculator suitable for a math wizard. It's been over my head to take on this kind of technology. The good part is having a mentor. She was away last week, leaving me in the office by myself. I felt lost and lonely without her, which made me realize how lucky I am to have a mentor! My licensing application is not complete yet. The real estate board keeps kicking it back to me for one thing or another. It took 2 months for my fingerprints to go through the FBI (a requirement of licensing in CO to make sure I am not a felon.) After the 2 months of waiting, the real estate commissin said they did not like my fingerprints and they wanted a new set. Also, I have to prove I am legit American via birth certificate. It took the commission 2 months to tell me this! Wow, if anyone knew how hard it was to get into real estate, then there would be more respect for brokers. Wish me luck!

#102433 - 03/11/07 03:21 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Princess Lenora]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Lynn,
You're getting there! I'm so proud of you for taking the plunge! You rock!

#102434 - 03/11/07 04:29 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Remember Princess, you have been and continue to be an inspiration to all of us here, AND to others who might be lurking about the boards but not posting. They come, they read, and they are inspired. Like Jane said, YOU ROCK!

#102435 - 03/11/07 05:22 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
You will get there and look back on this, one day, as just another stepping stone towards your new life. I know, too trite.

Keep moving forward, Princess. And try to enjoy the ride. Oh, heck, I know you are already enjoying everything.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#102436 - 03/11/07 06:05 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Believe me the name of the game in this business, starting from day one, is "patience." Wait till you start selling...I haven't sold anything for almost six months...and this week it looks like I've sold 4 houses! It's so crazy. And when the sales come in Princess...remember to put some money aside for those months where nothing comes in. That little trick separates the agents who can stick it out through the hard times from those that are forced to quit.

#102437 - 03/12/07 03:18 AM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Edelweiss]

Thank you girlfriends for the encouragement. HL, you may have sold 4 houses this month! That's great, after a long cold winter. I do know that most brokers drop out because they cannot get through the economic hard times. I just know this is the right thing for me to do at this time, and I can still pursue my other passions and missions. Oh, JJ, thanks for the "inspiration" comment. Just a couple of years ago, I went back to college to get my degree in social work. I met another woman about my age who was also getting a degree in SW. My intentions were to go on to get my masters degree to do counseling with women. Her intentions were to get only her bachelors, and do adoption counseling. Well, I got cancer and got derailed, just got my bachelor's and no energy for masters. She could not find a job at the bachelor's level, so spent more time and money on her master's degree. She got jobs with her MSW but she is very unhappy with the high stress and low pay, lack of intrinsic reward, and red tape she deals with. So, she is quitting her master's level job, and going into REAL ESTATE! My goodness. It's a sad state the way social workers are not rewarded in our society, yet they do most of the mental health counseling. And like I said, I'm going back to work because there is no money in advocacy. But social workers are relationship people, and a real estate business is built on relationships. Any comments about this line of thinking?

Edited by Princess Lenora (03/12/07 03:54 AM)

#102438 - 03/12/07 07:20 AM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Princess Lenora]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
That's funny Princess, my major was in sociology as well, and here I am in real estate. I got to admit I only chose this proffesion because there wasn't much else I could do in Germany without a German college degree.

What real estate comes down to is selling. To get the contracts to sell, you need to sell your self, or putting it better, convince the home owners you can do it better than anyone else. That's where the psycho comes in, and where I think my college background has helped a little. But when it comes to sales...the buyer just has to love that house. You might point out a few nice things about it, but he really doesn't care about you. It's all about sales.

#102439 - 03/12/07 12:06 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
The house, yes, is what the buyer is wanting, but unless they can trust you, they won't stick with you very long. Social skills are invaluable when it comes to sales. I think your background will be a definite asset to your new career.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#102440 - 03/12/07 05:50 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Anno]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My father was a broker and land developer and trust me, he does NOT have a good personality. He is a hard worker tho.

I was trying to remember realtors we've used and there was only one I didn't like. When I went with him to look at houses it was fine but when the hub joined us, I was forgotten. Good old boys network sort of thing.

I agree that it's the house that matters, not the realtor. I know you'll be very successful. Another thing we have in common...I used to work in real estate.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#102441 - 03/23/07 02:55 AM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Dianne]

I am just saying hi. I miss all my boomer sisters. Today I went to a presentation on WELLS and SEPTIC TANKS and also on FOUNDATIONS. Next week I get to learn about MOLD and METH! I'll be well educated. Now all I need is a client to impress with all my education! Dianne, I wonder if we were both in RE in AZ at the same time? I can't imagine what it was like for you to work with him after all the involvement he had with the DQ and it was not pretty. BTW, Dianne, I saw your article in Lavendar Power! You go girl! I'll be back this weekend to catch up with my girlfriends here! PL

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved