The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#102402 - 01/15/07 07:07 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Princess Lenora]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Princess Lenora; believe it or not, I actually have sold a castle. It was the Bavarian summer residence of King Ludwig the fourth or fith, or one of those. It was harder than you can imagine, because I had a lot of unserious customers that just wanted to tour. It took almost two years till I sold it. Finally an artsy film director bought it. I get invited to all his big vernissages and fantastic parties that he throws about once a year. Let me tell you Lynn, there's tons of writing material in this business...keep your note book handy..

#102403 - 01/15/07 07:58 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Princess Lenora]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Congrats Lynn, you're well on your way. Is there any such thing as a 'downsized' castle?

chick

#102404 - 01/16/07 01:28 AM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: chickadee]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Thanks you all. Hey, I wonder if I visited that castle? When I was in high school I took a trip to Germany, among other countries, with a group. We went to castles in Bavaria. It was fascinating! I hear that a lot of castles are converted to schools or universities or some other venture in order to pay for maintenance and taxes. That's better than letting them go to ruin.

#102405 - 01/16/07 03:22 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, how cool is that to be sell and be invited to parites at a castle. I'd love to hear about those parties...and the guy who is in the film industry.

#102406 - 01/17/07 09:47 AM Re: Lynn gets RE license
Edelweiss Offline

Dotsie, the parties aren't what you think they might be in a castle. No white wigs and sparkling crowns…Not even a moat.Sorry JJ.

The people are very artsy bohemian types. I always feel like I'm being set back into the hippy years when I'm there. The owner of the castle is so cool and lay back. He mainly does documentary films, (excellent movies). I hope to get enough paintings together to do a vernissage there. I've often noticed that the really rich rich people are often more down to earth that the rich people…if you know what I mean.

The castle itself is in a French baroque style. Their kitchen is darling. All blue and white with beautiful blue and white plates hanging around as decor. They still have the huge old fashioned sink and oven too.

#102407 - 01/17/07 10:16 AM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Does it have a moat?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#102408 - 01/17/07 04:34 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

No,... no moat here in Germany. It's said you can't get any alligators in these parts...They're supposed to be all floating around on their backs, sunning their bellies in some Queen's moat….feeding on the hired help…..

#102409 - 01/17/07 06:50 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Edelweiss]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Congratulations, Lynn. I hear those tests are REALLY hard. Of course, you'll make sure we're all invited to those castle parties won't ya. Does da Queen have alligators in her moat? I thought it just had water in it.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#102410 - 01/20/07 01:13 AM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Saundra]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi all, I'm missing my BWS friends. I want to read and respond to everything but I don't have the time. yes, the exam is hard. It is not that the concepts are so difficult but that the questions are poorly worded and convoluted. I have another week and a half of school/study, then on to take the exam. In the next week or so I will be interviewing with brokers to see what agency I want to go to. Talk with you all soon! L

#102411 - 01/21/07 12:51 AM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Princess Lenora]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
We'll still be here missing you too. Study hard and do well, Lynn.

chick

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved