The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#100245 - 12/23/06 11:41 AM AFTER-Christmas present
dejavu Offline
journeyman

When I was out Christmas shopping, I found a book on embroidery stitches in the sale bin for $5.99. I picked it up for myself, and after Christmas, I think I'm going to start working on a stitch sampler. Haven't done any embroidery in a while (I used to do counted cross-stitch but can't seem to find any kits I like any more), so I think it'll be fun to do during the long wet winter days ahead.

#100246 - 12/23/06 12:18 PM Re: AFTER-Christmas present [Re: dejavu]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Does anyone remember making dolls out of pretty colored round material called filter disks? We used to buy them in boxes of 50 or 100 I think, in all colors. They were about 6" in diameter. You would fold them in quarters and run yarn through the corners of each with a big eye needle and tie it around a little dolls waist. Then you attached other disks that you folded in half with yarn and make pretty little bows. They were so pretty. I remember one I made for my grandmother that she kept on her bed for years. The disks were put out by Johnson and Johnson. I haven't seen them since I was little. I'd love to be able to make them again and show the children how to do it. I doubt they make them anymore.

Well, at least I still have my weaving loom to make potholders.

#100247 - 12/29/06 12:11 PM Re: AFTER-Christmas present [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

I have lots of gift certificates, 3 to the mall. I'm going shopping tomorrow and buy myself as many AFTER presents as I can

#100248 - 12/29/06 08:37 PM Re: AFTER-Christmas present [Re: Louisa]
Pam R. Offline

I already used my gift certificate to my nail salon. It was from our family grabbag. I had a beautiful manicure and relaxing pedicure yesterday!!! My footsies feel soooo good right now!

#100249 - 12/30/06 02:29 AM Re: AFTER-Christmas present [Re: Pam R.]
Louisa Offline

I used one today from our secret Santa at work. It was to a specialty store/boutique near work. I got a nice pair of gloves with black fake fur on them. I did something practical for a change.

#100250 - 01/01/07 06:38 PM Re: AFTER-Christmas present [Re: Louisa]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

I had a gift certificate to Hobby Lobby so I went over there and spent it on embroidery supplies - needles, floss, hoop, fabric. Also a little extra to spend on scrapbooking pens. I'm ready to start working on both the scrapbooking and the embroidery.

#100251 - 01/01/07 06:45 PM Re: AFTER-Christmas present [Re: dejavu]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I had forgotten about embroidering. I use to do that and loved it. It was relaxing to me. I also love crocheting and knitting. Funny how we (talking in general terms here) push aside the very things that bring us pleasure and relax us!

I need to break out my needles and hoops! Don't you LOVE Hobby Lobby? I could spend days in there. Michaels, the same thing.

#100252 - 01/01/07 08:09 PM Re: AFTER-Christmas present [Re: jawjaw]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

A lot of times in the evening, my husband watches TV and likes me to keep him company. So if the program is something I'm not terribly interested in, the embroidery will be something to do. I want to learn new stitches at this point, rather than produce a specific piece, so I'm going to use the book I bought to just practice these new stitches on plain cloth. THEN when I've mastered some, I can work on a project.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved