The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#100124 - 01/07/07 12:09 AM Re: Radical Hysterectomy [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Good to hear the surgery is over and that you are ok but needing to heal. was thinking and praying for ya.

It is really touching that thes (above) woman are full of care and support even if you are relitivly new to the board. The really nice thing is that they don't want anything from anyone. Thats one of the things that make this place as special and as fun as it is, well i think so anyway.

celtic_flame

#100125 - 01/07/07 04:55 PM Re: Radical Hysterectomy [Re: celtic_flame]
whittlewoman Offline

Loc: upstate New York
I like the sleep that I'm getting. It has always been the most effective healing technique anytime I'm sick with something. Wneh I awake I have short conversations with Lynn, watch a little TV, check in with my Mom and crochet on a bag I'm making to carry and protect Lynn's tripod. She's an excellent photographer and I got her a tripod for Christmas to work on stationary, time delayed, nighttime shots and portraits. I am so excited to have extended time off from work even if our finances are squeezed to breaking. I'm hoping to retire from working for anyone else in 3 years. I figure I'll alawys be the working poor so I might as well become the retired poor. I've tried to whittle my financial needs down to a minimum over the years and I want to have control over the use of my time more than I need money. In retirement I figure I can build sheds, re-wire electric lights, do some part-time work and live on that money I'll have coming in. I guess I'll have to find the right category to discuss future plans. I think the bed is calling.

Edited by whittlewoman (01/07/07 05:06 PM)

#100126 - 01/07/07 05:06 PM Re: Radical Hysterectomy [Re: whittlewoman]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Glad to hear the worst is behind you whittlewoman.

Celtic_Flame, did I miss a post? Are you going to be operated on now too? All I know is you got your hair dyed blond. How did it come out?

#100127 - 01/08/07 08:13 AM Re: Radical Hysterectomy [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Our prayers were answered Nicki and you're on the mend....

Celtic your comment is so true. It always has been this way since I myself joined BWS, and each day it gets better and better. I have never been among so many decent, caring and giving women, and you're right again, they expect nothing in return for their friendship. What a blessed place this is.

Edited by chatty lady (01/08/07 08:14 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#100128 - 01/09/07 01:28 AM Re: Radical Hysterectomy [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
whittle, isn't it great to have time to rest and relax. even though you may not feel your best, you have a great excuse to take it easy. It's like you have permission to take it easy. Make the most of it. Milk it. It won't last forever!

Hey chats, sounds like a testimonial to me. HA!

#100129 - 01/09/07 04:06 PM Re: Radical Hysterectomy
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Whittle, I'm with everyone else in that I'm so happy to hear it's behind you now and the healing has begun. Bask in the sleep you're enjoying as it is your bodies way of saying, "I'm doing my job of healing you."

When you can, drop by and let us know how you are progressing, won't you?

I wish you lived closer to me, I would hire you to build a shed for me. How cool would that be? I admire you for having these skills. Sigh....I own a screwdriver...does that count? No wait, I have two flashlights too. Course, only one of them works.

#100130 - 01/10/07 02:36 PM Re: Radical Hysterectomy [Re: jawjaw]
Mountain Ash Offline

May I join in the good wishes being sent to you.
At age 47 I had my hysterectomy and bi lateral ooperectomy.It did take several months to get fully fit but if you rest and relax life will get better than it was.
You may feel weepy...i hope not but if so.you have all of us here.
Sleep well
Mountain Ash

#100131 - 01/11/07 06:49 PM Re: Radical Hysterectomy [Re: Mountain Ash]
whittlewoman Offline

Loc: upstate New York
Since I last wrote about my healing, I have been knocked down with strep throat! My throat was so raw and felt as if it contained fire. I haven't been able to swallow, drink, eat or talk. For 2 days the doctor's office treated me with tylenol and gargling with salt water. That had no helpful effect so they finally decided that I somehow contracted strep throat and needed an antibiotic. I've been taking Keflex for 24 hours and already the pain is diminishing and I can finally swallow. Chatty, thanks so much for the cards. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to cheer me on.

#100132 - 01/11/07 11:18 PM Re: Radical Hysterectomy [Re: whittlewoman]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Do you think it's possible you caught it in the hospital? Feel better. Glad to hear they gave you some meds that are working.

#100133 - 01/12/07 05:21 AM Re: Radical Hysterectomy
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Maybe you got it from sticking your head out of the car roof all the time. heh heh
Just kidding, to cheer you up.
Everything bad comes in threes...hope this was the third case and you'll be feeling like new again very soon!

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved