The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#100104 - 12/26/06 07:30 PM Re: Radical Hysterectomy [Re: Lola]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Whittle, my mom had that surgery 20+ years ago. The laporoscopy made it quick to recover and she was fine. Yes, she was afraid, too. She'd never been sick and only in a hospital to have me! Your fear is natural and healthy. I'd be worried if you weren't worried. Let us know how you're doing.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#100105 - 12/27/06 03:24 AM Re: Radical Hysterectomy [Re: Saundra]
whittlewoman Offline

Loc: upstate New York
Thank you all for your advice and sharing your own experiences. Now that Christmas has passed, I plan to simply get myself emotionally ready for this particular part of my life's journey. I've been reading and asking questions of everyone. My sister just gave me the hystersister's guide as well as another book about hysterectomies. During my healing I intend to follow doctor's orders, read, take at least one on-line course on traumatic brain injury and learn to play the harmonica.
I surely will keep in touch because I'm really enjoying the interaction amongst this group of sisters.

#100106 - 12/27/06 04:36 AM Re: Radical Hysterectomy [Re: whittlewoman]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Hi Whittle,

Count me in as another hyster sister, I loved going there and by the time I had my operation I was ready.

I had a TAH/LSO, my incision was a vertical incision. My uterus was large and so therefore it turned out I had adenomyosis and endometriosis and throw in a few fybroids there too. Anyway, I went in there with a good attitude, and I even took a couple of smiley stickers with me. I put one on my abdomen and a close caption sticker above it that said, "Are we having fun yet?" I just wanted to bring some humour to this experience. My doctor later told me that was the reason my surgery went well. Anyway, 2 days later I went home and 4 days later I went to the mall to get out of the house. I got tired sooner than I usually would, but I recovered very well. So anyway, attitude and lots of prayer. Unfortunately, two years later I had my right ovary removed by laporascopy, I went home that very day. The waiting is the hardest part always. I don't regret having the hysterectomy done, at least I can plan a day at the beach. I couldn't do that before. The only negative experience I have had is enduring an emotional roller coaster for awhile. I did go into menopause as well. But I look at it this way, I am getting it over with. I do not take any HRT either, but that was my choice. I just didn't want to have to pop another pill in my mouth. You've recieved some very good advise.

Those who were former hystersister's what were your user names? Mine was Tilos and I had my operation in May '02. I really loved that board, and I wanted to find another forum with a different subject to go to, but I couldn't find anything like it. That is, until I came here.

Alright Whittle, I know you will be alright, and remember the waiting is indeed the hardest.

Cheers,
Cathi

#100107 - 12/29/06 01:24 PM Re: Radical Hysterectomy [Re: Wisdom&Life]
whittlewoman Offline

Oh my stomach is definitely knotted as January 4 nears. I have a pre-op appointment on 1/2 at 10:00. I've been gathering my questions. I so appreciate all the information shared here and on the hyster sisters site. I guess that the waiting for the unknown is always the strangest and most anxiety producing. I am confident that I will survive and heal but getting to the actual surgery is making me so unsettled.

#100108 - 12/29/06 02:38 PM Re: Radical Hysterectomy [Re: whittlewoman]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
We'll be with you, girl! Please keep us posted...

Kathy

#100109 - 12/30/06 04:28 AM Re: Radical Hysterectomy [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
whittlewoman Offline

I definitely will talk about my healing process. Thanks for wanting to be updated.

#100110 - 01/01/07 12:09 AM Re: Radical Hysterectomy [Re: whittlewoman]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
My user name on Hystersisters was Peachybabe. (I never was crazy about that user name, but at the time I registered on the site, my mind was in a turmoil about upcoming surgery, and I had to come up with a name......my dogs were lying nearby, their names were Peaches and Babe.....and there you have it!!)
I still check out the site and post on it occaisonally under that name.

#100111 - 01/01/07 04:39 AM Re: Radical Hysterectomy [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Yes, that sounds familiar to me! At that time, Shashi had started a thread asking us how we came up with our user names. I wrote a story about mine, LOL.

Whittle, please try to get as much rest before hand as possible! Don't over do anything at this point. A good rest before hand will make your recovery even better.

Cheers,
Cathi

#100112 - 01/01/07 06:58 PM Re: Radical Hysterectomy [Re: Wisdom&Life]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Whittlewoman, I had this surgery back in the early 80's. Best thing that ever happened to me. I want to tell you something very important. Two things, actually. Although you are having the surgery that shortens the recovery time, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE TWO RULES:

A) DO NOT SWEEP anything. Do not even stand next to a broom. Sweeping uses the muscles that haven't had time to recuperate from the surgery and will land you back in bed, flat on your back, on pain killers for weeks. And yes, I did NOT heed this advice. DO NOT SWEEP ANYTHING. If this surgery had happened to me NOW, there wouldn't be that danger. I rarely clean. LOL!

B)DO NOT DRIVE until your doc says you can. Even riding in a car will also hinder your recovery. Some people will tell you that they drove AND swept two weeks after surgery and experienced no probs whatsoever. Cool...good for them. Do you want to find out if you fall within that SMALL percentage of people? I hope not.

Get books, movies, or whatever. Enjoy the solace. Enjoy the downtime. Write, read, watch movies, call friends, meditate...this is your bodies time to heal itself and it WILL...if given proper respect.

I wish you well. I'm telling you, it was the best thing that ever happened to me....well, except that one time when that guy ----uh...nevermind.

#100113 - 01/01/07 09:58 PM Re: Radical Hysterectomy [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Whittlewoman our Queen JJ forgot one big thing to do....POST in here as we will all be worried and thinking of you. Praying for a positive outcome and speedy recovery. You listen to JJ, okay cause she's right on with what she said....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved