The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#100066 - 12/21/06 09:38 PM I've had all my $$ stolen......
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
I hope I'm not posting over anyone but I have to share what happened to me--it could happen to any one of us I'm afraid. I used my debit/credit card to order something from a large and reputable company. I didn't order on line, I spoke directly to a customer care person. That was on 9/2. Since then my house account has been hit for 3 transactions totaling over 1500.00! When I called my bank I was told that the transactions were with this same company and it never flagged since I have an account with them. Ladies, it's 3 days until Christmas and I have 20.00 left in my bank account.

I spent most of today, canceling my card, closing me bank account, opening a new one, begging my boss to give me my paycheck 2 weeks early.....I'm exhausted. I have to go home tonight and do laundry and pack my car to leave early in the morning for my sister's.

I thought I was doing everything right. I never ordered on line. I waited until a customer service person came on and placed the order through them to ensure there were no mistakes ect. Thieves will find a way no matter what to steal. The lady at the bank said she has had more people coming in saying there's a problem related to their debit cards. She told me she won't use one for that very reason.

So I hope this post will help you ladies keep from having this happen to you.

I can't say I wasn't warned though. I dreamt a week ago that someone had stolen my card and taken my money. I spent all night in my sleep working through how to 'fix it'. God had already prepared me for what was coming!

How we handle change determines our Destiny. P. Trapp
www.pattiswriting.com
www.marykay.com/ptrapp777

#100067 - 12/21/06 09:44 PM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: starting over]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Starting Over,

Have you contacted the company? Could it be a mistake? That is so sad...I wish you blessings and the return of your money 100-fold!

#100068 - 12/21/06 09:45 PM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: starting over]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am just appauled for you and hope there is a way to get the money back. Thats fraud, no way around it. I hope you press charges.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#100069 - 12/21/06 10:48 PM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: chatty lady]
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Hi Jane, Hi Chatty, yes I've contacted the bank and the company involved. Both have started criminal investigations. The bank will reimbursed the latest transaction within 30 days but the other 2 are older and will have to be reinstated by the company involved. So it will be awhile before I have it back. I am just believing that it will be returned to me--with interest!

Have a wonderful holiday girls!

How we handle change determines our Destiny. P. Trapp
www.pattiswriting.com
www.marykay.com/ptrapp777

#100070 - 12/22/06 05:56 AM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: starting over]
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
That's absolutely terrible for you. I had my checking account hijacked and I know what kind of a pit of problems you're looking at. It took me over a year to finally clear it all up. But brilliantly, it was the bank which caught the fraud to begin with. Thank god for friendly neighborhood banking and tellers.

Years ago when I got my first debit card it was clear that using the card as a signature credit card was a bad idea. That money is debited directly out of your checking account. I almost never use the debit card in a situation where I need to sign a receipt instead of using a PIN. Checking account debit cards do not have the same fraud protection that credit cards do, and the laws governing bank/owner responsibility for bank account fraud vary wildly from state to state. In some states it is extremely difficult to get the bank to make any restitution on bank account fraud.

If a signature receipt is required or when ordering over the phone or the internet, use a credit card instead. Most credit cards have a owner liability limit of $50 in the event of fraud or theft. Save your debit card for electronic PIN transactions only.

#100071 - 12/22/06 08:29 AM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: mrs_madness]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
StartingOver, I am so sorry that this has happened to you.
I hope you press charges and get all of your money back
sooner.
Cindy

#100072 - 12/22/06 09:23 AM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: diamond50]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Good thing you caught them before they did even more damage! We just had to change our Visa card because the airport hotel in Vancouver apparently sold our number! Overnights were booked under other names! We got our money back within two weeks, and of course a new Visa card. Hope they correct it as fast for you too.

#100073 - 12/22/06 12:49 PM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: Edelweiss]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
That is horrible, starting over. I'm so sorry this happened to you.
Thank you for warning us and I hope the company takes care of this quickly for you.

#100074 - 12/22/06 04:13 PM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: TVC15]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
What a nightmare for you. Thank you for sharing this because I won't be using my debit card again. Your story might have saved this woman a lot of problems. Hope it all works out for you.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#100075 - 12/22/06 05:22 PM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: Dianne]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I was completely naive about using my debit card too. My husband told me the horror stories about what could happen and that the bank didn't have to return the money because your debit card isn't protected like a credit card is. I never use my check card for online purchases anymore and only use it for things like gas and groceries where I have to key in my pin number.

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. I hope it gets resolved quickly and profitably.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved