The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#100077 - 12/22/06 08:41 PM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Wow. I never realized all this. Thank you all for the heads up.

I'm so sorry that you have been ripped off, Starting Over! I hope 2007 is a blessed year for you, beginning with the return of all your money with interest!

#100078 - 12/22/06 08:52 PM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Starting over, this is such a hard time to have this happen. I hope you get throught this and have all your funds returned soon. Thank you for posting so we all can be more careful with our cards.

chick

#100079 - 12/23/06 03:01 AM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: starting over]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
Hi - I don't know if it's different with a debit card, but my father had his identity stolen a few years back. In fact, the credit card company was on the ball - they realized my father only used his card for food shopping and the occasional dinner out...and when they saw over $500 for tires and other items like that (purchased in Brooklyn, NY, and we live in NJ), they called me to verify that he did make these purchases, and I told them he did NOT!

I am happy to say that the company was wonderful! They issued a new credit card (different number) and took away the charges. Of course, he had had an excellent credit rating and always paid on time too.

I hope things work out for you...

#100080 - 12/23/06 03:21 AM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: klmr13]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Starting Over, I know you're taking the appropriate steps to correct this theft and pray they catch the thief(s). Does a debit card offer protection similar to a Visa, M/C, or A/E? For instance, can you file a report and have the money returned?

#100081 - 01/03/07 09:35 PM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: ]
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Just to update everyone....All I can say is God is Good! On Dec 20th around 4:30 I realized there were transactions on my account that weren't mine. When I called the bank they said it was too late to do anything that night. I wasn't ready to settle for that answer so I called the 800# on the back of my debit card and got it closed over the phone. Then I called T-Mobile to let them know someone was using my debit card to make purchases.

The next day Dec. 21 I went straight to the bank and arrived as they opened. I closed my account and opened a new one. Then I went to my boss and asked to get my paycheck 2 weeks early, thankfully he agreed. I rushed back to the bank and put it in to keep me from bouncing.

T-Mobile called and said they had verified that the transactions weren't mine and that they had actually found another transaction for over $400 that I had missed! By Dec. 28th the money had been returned to my account.

Then this morning the bank called to let me know that they would not be paying my back the final and latest error of 798.00. T-Mobile was going to pay for that one as well. I called the bank and the funds were already in my account.

In addition to having all the funds returned within a week and a half, PLUS the additional $400+, the rebate I was trying to get was credited to my account and over 100 free minutes were added to my cell phone time. The bank is reimbursing me for all bounce fees.

God is so good! Thsi could have been a real nightmare but it hasn't been! I made a few calls, sent one e-mail and the money has already been restored. I shared this as a testimony in church on Sunday and Pastor said, "When God returns He returns with interest!" With all the extra that has come to me I feel like that is exactly what I received!

I hope this excourages everyone today. Whatever you have lost turn over to God He will return with interest!!! Now that I have seen God do this, I am going to begin believing that the home I lost last year will be returned to me with interest--meaning a better place with more blessing! I hope you all can believe for something too!

How we handle change determines our Destiny. P. Trapp
www.pattiswriting.com
www.marykay.com/ptrapp777

#100082 - 01/04/07 12:32 AM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I'm so sorry this happened to you. I refused all debit cards offered by banks because I've heard about these things. I hope you recover everyting that is yours and the bad people are put away so they don't hurt anyone else. They should also have to pay you back. Would that teach them that crime doesn't pay?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#100083 - 01/04/07 01:36 AM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: Saundra]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I'm confused. Isn't T-Mobile a phone company?

Aside from me being confused, I'm so sorry this happened to you and I too hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law! Bless your heart!

#100084 - 01/04/07 02:03 AM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: jawjaw]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Starting Over, such a wonderful testimony to God! Congratulations! Are there any strategies/precautions in which to catch the thiefs?

#100085 - 01/04/07 02:16 PM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: ]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Yea! I love happy endings!

#100086 - 01/04/07 03:41 PM Re: I've had all my $$ stolen...... [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm confused...what part did T-Mobile play in this?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved