Today is my DIL's spinal tap

Posted by: Fiftyandfine

Today is my DIL's spinal tap - 09/23/05 04:54 PM

Well, today is the long-awaited final test for my daughter-in-law to find out if she has MS. She had a series of other tests done, and they were split 50-50 on yes or no. It was terribly frustrating, and with no answers and no improvement in her condition, she went ahead and opted for the spinal tap. I am so scared for her. Not just about the answers, but about the procedure itself. (I didn't tell her that.) I know this isn't an easy thing, and it can have some rotten after-effects. Gawd y'all, I just wish this day was over.
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Today is my DIL's spinal tap - 09/23/05 05:15 PM

She's in my prayers Fifty.
Try to relax a bit, you're Boomer sisters have you covered!
Posted by: Fiftyandfine

Re: Today is my DIL's spinal tap - 09/23/05 09:03 PM

Procedure is over. Took THREE attempts. DIL sounds miserable and says she has a headache from hell. She will rest at home today, and we should have results next Tuesday. At least it's over...
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Today is my DIL's spinal tap - 09/24/05 03:14 AM

Not pleasant in any way and my sister also would get those headaches after a tap...God Bless her and she is in my prayers too as are you...

[ September 23, 2005, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Today is my DIL's spinal tap - 09/24/05 10:46 PM

Oh fifty, I am so glad this is behind her. Please let us know the results. How is she feeling these days. How old is her youngest child?
Posted by: Lynn

Re: Today is my DIL's spinal tap - 09/27/05 02:59 AM

Fifty-

Did you get my personal message I sent after your first post?

As Dotsie says, please keep us posted and yes, thankfullu the test is over. What do the doctors say the accuracy of this spinal test is?

God Bless You,

Lynn
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: Today is my DIL's spinal tap - 09/29/05 02:45 AM

Fifty, just wondering about the test results.

Sending prayers.