A warning to any men that you love

Posted by: WizardofZA

A warning to any men that you love - 02/04/03 08:32 AM

A dear friend had surgery for prostate cancer last week. Testing after surgery showed that it had spread to the lymph nodes, which makes his condition an automatic diagnosis of advanced prostate cancer, for which there is no cure. There are treatment options, and hopefully they will be able to prolong his life for many years, but this DID NOT HAVE TO HAPPEN! He is only 58 years old. I did not realize until going through this with our friend that by the time someone has symptoms of prostate cancer, it is usually too late for a complete cure. Prostate cancer in men is similar to ovarian cancer in women. A simple yearly test will determine if there is a problem before symptoms ever manifest themselves. So ladies, if there is a man you care about, insist that he have a PSA test done yearly. If caught early, this cancer is treatable and curable. If found after it spreads, you have just bought yourself unnecessary heartache.
Posted by: nillawafer

Re: A warning to any men that you love - 02/05/03 08:41 AM

thank you. my husband is due for his check-up very soon and i will tell him about this. my best to you and your friend. they will be in my prayers.