Cougar life???

Posted by: lililove11

Cougar life??? - 09/26/11 03:13 PM

I've been hearing adverts on the radio about cougarconnecting (dot com). Supposedly it's a dating site where older women look for younger guys. The adverts are really tongue-in-cheek, using lines such at "get hooked up with a fresh divorcee today", using a jungle theme to describe the cougars.

What I wanna know if it's legit?

Or is it just a scam site that has no actual members?

They say it's free for older women, but I'm weary of viruses and flowers.

I haven't checked the site yet.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Cougar life??? - 09/26/11 09:55 PM

WELCOME to our cyber home lililove11... If your leary of the site I would avoid it. That's just my personal opinoin.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Cougar life??? - 09/26/11 11:39 PM

Hi lililove11, As Chatty said, welcome to BWS. We hope to hear more from you.

I hadn't heard any radio commercials, but a simple Google search turned up two dating sites that are "cougar related." One is "hotcougarconnection" and the other "urbancougar."

Both sites ooze sex, and bear some semblance to x-rated sites. Just my opinion.

So while they wouldn't attract me -- hey, I'm not their target audience.

Posted by: orchid

Re: Cougar life??? - 10/04/11 12:57 AM

You know something, it's starting to tick me off about the term "cougar". I just hate the term. It grates me about older woman celebrating their ability to attract men much younger than they. It maybe true for next few years or next decade or so. I guess...

I want to believe that a guy over a decade younger or way younger than her would be interested in the older woman, for purely just her for many years thereafter. Instead of her money.

I know, I'm a cynic.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Cougar life??? - 10/04/11 02:01 PM

It might work for a while. But aging isn't fun. And it slows a person down to the point that when the guy wants to party, the lady may not feel like partying. Connie Smith and Marty Stuart are an example of this type of age difference. It will be interesting to see how Mrs. Stuart progresses in years to come.
So far, she's doin' fine!