Snowshoeing-- just the cardio kick

Posted by: orchid

Snowshoeing-- just the cardio kick - 01/23/07 05:19 AM

Strongly recommend if you snowshoe for a long distance (ie. under 10 miles) or up hills/mountains, it's a serious workout. We did snowshoeing in one of the National parks surrounded by mountains..for 7 days....we went out daily for 3 hrs. or so.

We usually go snowshoeing several times annually.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Snowshoeing-- just the cardio kick - 01/23/07 07:56 PM

Hey, we have something in common! I love snowshoeing, we just have not had enough snow for a few years. I am going this weekend, with or without snow.

I learned how to snowshoe a few years back, when I took a group of kids winter camping. We had a blast, and I have loved it ever since.
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Snowshoeing-- just the cardio kick - 01/30/07 10:02 PM

I miss snoshoeing. Did it as a kid. Sledding on the hills is what I miss most. Did that about 10 yrs ago with a friend. We were like two kids again. We laughed all the way up and all the way down
chick
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Snowshoeing-- just the cardio kick - 01/31/07 01:05 AM

We have to have snow to do that. It sounds like so much fun but we rarely get snow.

Chick, your post reminds me of sledding a few years ago. I was a kid all over again. I recommend it.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Snowshoeing-- just the cardio kick - 01/31/07 03:43 AM

Seems that we don't get much snow in Minnesota anymore, either. In the past 10 years, there has only been enough snow here to snowshoe 3 times. As much as I enjoy it, I am not going to travel for a few hours just to work out. Heck, most of the time, it takes so much effort to cross the street to work out.