Age appropriate???

Posted by: jabber

Age appropriate??? - 03/18/17 12:44 PM

When I was a kid women in the oldest generation, wanted to dress in an age-appropriate fashion. This idea no longer seems to be a fashion factor. Do you notice that concept too...

Re: Age appropriate??? - 04/09/17 10:08 PM

Nobody cares!

Re: Age appropriate??? - 06/27/18 03:18 PM

I'm wondering if any of you, think about age appropriate clothes?
Or am I just from the "old school" type thinking?
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Age appropriate??? - 06/28/18 06:57 PM

Not sure what you mean do I think about this, Jabber?

Are you asking if I see ads for fashions or actually see people wearing something -- like leggings -- and say to myself: "I'm too old to wear that?"

Or do you mean do I try to decide what to wear to some event or situation based on the fact that I believe I ought to be presenting myself as a woman who is over 60?

For me, I've been interested in fashion since I was in my a preteen. That's why I studied fashion design in college.

But the clothes I wear these days are pretty much a uniform I wear - with minor seasonal variations - essentially everywhere: Slim-fitting Cotton Knit Pants in a very basic color (black, navy or burgundy for example) and a simple colorful top.

In winter my top half is wearing a turtleneck sweater, spring and fall it's a long-sleeved cotton turtleneck, and right now, when it's hot - I wear a scoop neck or V-neck t-shirt.

I dress my sweaters and shirts up with scarves, of which I own dozens as I've been collecting them since I was in college.

I do own about three pair of leggings, which I wear for working out. And I have a couple of skirts and dresses, which I wear less than 5x/year, I'd guess.

That's me - fashion wise - in a nutshell.

Is that what you were asking?

Re: Age appropriate??? - 08/14/18 11:00 PM

Well, I've seen women which appear to be in their 80's wearing tight jeans and beaded shirts and jackets, like the younger crowd wear. And they look like they're trying to bring back their youth. My mom and grandma always wore house dresses, so maybe I'm off the mark.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Age appropriate??? - 08/16/18 07:45 PM

Not sure I'll ever wear house dresses, Jabber.

The fact is, I don't like wearing dresses and when I quit working in an office and started working from home, they were the first thing I got rid of!

Give me comfy cotton knit slacks - or even leggings - any day.

Re: Age appropriate??? - 08/24/18 12:18 AM

I don't like dresses either, Anne. I like jeans and slacks and big tops with lots of room to move.