Too early for white????

Posted by: browser57

Too early for white???? - 04/15/09 07:30 PM

I have a casual wedding Sat. As usual, I wait until the last minute to figure out what to wear. We have not yet had much Spring weather - and there in is my dilemma... I have a navy & white fringed tweed jacket. It would look great with white slacks (or capri.) Just think it's too early - and if I do wear white - what shoes. I guess I'm from the stone age era and just know the evil fashion gods will strike me dead if I dare wear white..... Any suggestions???
Posted by: Edelweiss3

Re: Too early for white???? - 04/15/09 07:48 PM

How about navy slacks? Wearing white to a wedding is a big no no here too. You might get mistaken for the bride. lol
Posted by: browser57

Re: Too early for white???? - 04/15/09 07:57 PM

Thanks, Edelweiss,

I think you're right - although the bride is not a 'new bride' and will not be wearing white and it is not a big wedding - more of a dinner party for family/friends. Funny that I have winter outfits galore - but tend to just do really casual stuff once the weather warms up.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Too early for white???? - 04/15/09 10:52 PM

I think either would be okay. I always think if you wear what makes you feel comfortable, you will fit in just fine.

Most of us are more casual in the warmer weather. It's natural, I think. And if it's natural, it must be okay!
Posted by: orchid

Re: Too early for white???? - 04/16/09 12:05 AM

Navy slacks or a skirt would be nice.

As for wearing white shoes, I actually think it's passe/outdated these days. Based on many women my age and younger that I see in the workplace. Alot of women don't wear white dress shoes anymore at the office for spring /summer.

I have a pair of light beige pumps. I no longer wear them. The colour just dates me.

It's different if the shoe has a light colour and dark colour together in the design. That's quite chic if worn with right outfits.

Hey, how about nice low red shoes? I would wear them. Snappy. smile