FREE business checking account in NM and TX

Posted by: Di

FREE business checking account in NM and TX - 08/08/06 01:19 PM

If you live in NM or TX and have a business, I finally found a bank who offers FREE checking for small businesses.

The only clincher is that you do not get a hard copy statement...only through online banking. For me, that's a breeze since i hate paper anymore! I've not written a check in probably 7 years now..I do it ALL thru Bill pay.

So, if you are interested, PM me. I'll send you the link!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: FREE business checking account in NM and TX - 08/09/06 04:48 AM

I have a free checking account for my business, but it's not officially a business account. In other words, I've gotten a free regular checking account but I've designated it for my business. I don't need all those bells and whistles that are in a "business" account.

Re: FREE business checking account in NM and TX - 08/09/06 12:22 PM

I did too, MB. BUT, since it was in a credit union, I could not have the checks payable to me, which was making me, in my opinion,look very non-professional. So, I had to opt for a business account at a bank. it's got no extra" bells and whistles"...just an official business account that allows me to go in the "commercial" drive up lane!!
Posted by: ElevatingYourBusiness

Re: FREE business checking account in NM and TX - 09/17/06 07:37 AM

Many banks in WA offer free checking to business owners, so I'm lucky about that.

Yes, business accounts that are not physical stores, usually can ask for a personal type business account. That's what I have since most of my $ comes in through the web.

I just started using the online payment process they have too.

I choose the bank I use, because I can download the files in a format that Quickbooks Pro can upload. Saves my book keeper some time.

Re: FREE business checking account in NM and TX - 09/17/06 12:24 PM

yes..this new bank does (as my last one did)
have downloadable files to Quicken/Quickbooks.